BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2007

I would say no just because of the awkwardness of moveing from screen to screen but it does seem to play quite well.

Just try the demo and see for yourself

Click

How many gig is the CM demo? I can only take 2gb home with me from here, and don't have the net at home.

Beat United away and Everton at home in my 1st two matches yet I got no praise in the media or from the board and the only news I keep getting regards 'penniless' rovers and 'cash strapped' Blackburn.

The thing is though I'm well within transfer and wage budgets...what's going on? I don't want to have to sell my best players already, what can I do?

That will be to do with the finances Rovers start with. Don't worry about it, as long as you have a bit of success you'll be fine. We're 3 million in debt (I think) at the start of the game, one good season can get rid of that, but it isn't anything serious enough to really have to worry about. You shouldn't have to sell anyone, but if you can sell someone for a nice profit it will solve your problem in one go.

As a last resort I offered Lebohang Mokoena a new contract which he duly accepted. As I waited for the work permit problem to materialise it never did. So I clicked on the squad and there he is, in the squad and the letters WP have disappeared. Get in there!!

So I get to play him in the next game.......and he's crap.

Ah, never mind.

• 6 months later...

Just back playing this now, while i listen to workmate complaining at how hard and stupid FM08 is...i pick up where i left off, what must have been nearly 7 months ago.

And i suddenly realise why i left it all them months back....rooted in the relegation zone. Definitely the worst start and worse season in my managerial career.

Working hard at getting the team out and have had a few players meetings which have been a success or so they told me, because i am still in the bottom half of the table although we topped our champs league group.

Anyone still playing this?

Anyone still playing this?

I am, I didn't bother buying FM08. I am currently in 2033. Rovers are in a new 112k stadium selling out regularly. I think the best strategy for the game is manager the u18s as well as the first team. Try and get the best rated u18 players and create a good set of youngsters. The only downfall to this tactic is that certain players want a new challenge after a few years

Yeah i didnt bother with 08 either and I am also in that season until this happened:

Got to the end of the 2033/34 season and the game told me it ran out of memory and would now quit. Just after i was sacked by rovers,sacked for the first time in my whole career. Its a sad day for rovers, after i spent fecking fifteen years there making it one of the best clubs in the world.

Just before the game quit, Brad Friedel was hot favourite to take over.

It seems that the game didnt collapse. I just placed a tick in compress saved games which must have done the job. And i just about kept my job.

Anyone find it hard when bringing a large amount of youngsters in to the first team?

• 2 months later...

So finished the 2035/6 season. Most disappointing season in my long career with regards domestic trophies and finished league in seventh.

Fans are not happy although i did win the Champions league.

Board are relatively happy and have offered me another four year contract to take me to 2040, on 95k a week and a transfer kitty of 368 million pounds....i know!!! Well i didnt buy any players last season, as i felt my current crop were good enough, although they showed they werent!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.