BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2007

So which would you recommend? Are there real players in CM?

Definately go for FM, don't even pick CM up in the store to look at it, it would be a waste of time. This isn't like FIFA versus PES, where it is to a certain degree down to taste, FM is clearly the superior game and you will be buying the second best if you go for CM.

I don't know whether to get the new one or not. FM 2005 was basically the same as FM 2006 with just a few new features. So might as well as just get an update for FM2006 because i'm currently enjoying my long time Accrington Stanley game on it and can't bring myself to bring a curtain down on it.

I don't know whether to get the new one or not. FM 2005 was basically the same as FM 2006 with just a few new features. So might as well as just get an update for FM2006 because i'm currently enjoying my long time Accrington Stanley game on it and can't bring myself to bring a curtain down on it.

Even with all my moaning about it needing a patch, it is a vast improvment to last year. There is allot more going on and you do start to feel that if you say the wrong thing that it will upset the apple cart.

Anyway, back to moaning :P

top three moans this week:-

1. Why does it keep siging 18 year olds up? (yes I have not got the assistant manager sorting contracts

2. The vast amount of injuries are getting silly now. I had only 3 of my first team fit the other day

3. Rovers, why are we so bad? Benni should have better ratings than he actually has - is this me just being biased though? Its not only till you take over as rovers manager that you realise how old our squad really is :(

Edited by Cocker

Even with all my moaning about it needing a patch, it is a vast improvment to last year. There is allot more going on and you do start to feel that if you say the wrong thing that it will upset the apple cart.

Anyway, back to moaning :P

top three moans this week:-

1. Why does it keep siging 18 year olds up? (yes I have not got the assistant manager sorting contracts

2. The vast amount of injuries are getting silly now. I had only 3 of my first team fit the other day

3. Rovers, why are we so bad? Benni should have better ratings than he actually has - is this me just being biased though? Its not only till you take over as rovers manager that you realise how old our squad really is :(

I suppose fans up and down the country will moan like crazy about their own players' stats though-although I do agree with you!! The scousers on si games' myspace are constantly moaning about Sissoko and Kuyt being too low etc. I would however like some of MGP's stats to be given to Zura and Nelsen!...Despite Benny not having the best stats he certainly knows where the net is!

Edited by Somerset Rover!

So has anyone found any gems yet? Im just past Christmas with Rovers and am around midtable having just signed Figo and Recoba. Neither are getting any younger but I'm in real need of some creativity to turn 0-0's into wins. My best players have probably been Nelsen who is an absoloute rock and Benni Mac has bagged a fair few. Yet again Spurs are overrated and seem to be on course for the title with Berbatov scoring a goal a game!

So how are people doing when playing with the Rovers and who are you playing. I have found I am very inconsistant. Ill go on a 5 game winning run before losing the next 5. Then ill start winning again. Same players, roughly the same formation (just little changes depending on who I am playing).

Generally Play

--------BF--------

LN---RN----ZK---Lee Yong Peo (or simular signed off tot)

DB---T-----RS---MGP

------BM---SN-------

----

SR has been injured most of the season and I now use him as a sub for 1 of the midfielders. Tugay is my best performer by a mile. He has a free role and full creative freedom. Sets up a lot of goals. I am 8th in the League and got knocked out of UEFA in the group stages by 1 point. Out of both cups. Got Chelsea and Arsenal our 1st round draws.

Edited by Moppy

Managing Rovers is an absolute nightmare. Its zero fun!

Shevchenko I'm using my old FM2006 kits and I got my logos from a link on the sigames graphics forum.

www.sortitoutsi.net is usually the best place for graphics and stuff but its been down since the game came out

Not sure I like the way West Ham seem to be dominating my games

Edited by HugeChin

Started a game with Rovers a couple of weeks ago and it is going ok.

First season I lost in the first round of the FA and League Cup and had a bad run in the league and only avoided the drop on the last day thanks to a superior goal difference, though somehow managed to win the UEFA Cup. Second season things are going a bit better, got to the second round of the League Cup and was in the top 4 until about November but have now slipped down to 8th (though it is very tight) and progressed past the group stages in the UEFA cup.

I started a season with rovers, my only transfer at the start of the season was Matt Taylor from Portsmouth to play at LB.

Currently struggling to get out of the drop zone, although 3 injuries to Benni McCarthy hasn't helped (all 3 being 2 months out).

Started getting a few more decent draws against the top teams and hopefully turning things around.

I have to agree with HC about West Ham's dominance, ah well.

Currently struggling to get out of the drop zone, although 3 injuries to Benni McCarthy hasn't helped (all 3 being 2 months out).

Benni getting injured is seriously bad...simply because he's the only one on the team capable of scoring. Don't know if anyone else is having similar experiences but the only one scoring goals for me is Benni. Nonda has been a complete waste of space and Roberts couldn't hit a barn door from a yard out even if he had all day. Jeffers scores one or two and Reid might get one every now and again...but he's constantly injured.

2nd Season in and signed Warnock from Liverpool however, my normal football manager signings are still here:-

Antony Van Den Boore - awsome defender

Freddy Adu - YAWN - :P

Lehbohng Mok - Still cant play him :angry:

Paulo Maldini - on a free good back up

Cafu - same as maldini - I only pay each 4k a week

Jimmy Hasslebank - on a free again but turns out to bang em in.

Denilson (from arsenal) - awsome - keep playing him he just gets better

Gilbert - defender from Arsenal - great asset even though his ratings are naff

Not a signing but keep playing Sergio Peter - his rating dont seem to go up but he is now worth 4m and gets at least a 7 every game

One guy I'd completely forgotten about until another team signed him, Didier Digard. Plays at CB and DM, young and very cheap.

I have just signed Digard for Palermo - looks like he will turn out to be one of hte best DM's on the game.

Does anyone know how to get your players to defend at all? I mean seriously, defending anything would be nice. I had a stint on the game last night and I have never seen as poor defending as that and nothing I did tactically had any impact. Defending set pieces is particularly impossible.

Does anyone know how to get your players to defend at all? I mean seriously, defending anything would be nice. I had a stint on the game last night and I have never seen as poor defending as that and nothing I did tactically had any impact. Defending set pieces is particularly impossible.

I had this problem in my first season with Rovers however, for some unknown reason, after the first season none of my players have got any better but I seem to keep allot more clean sheets - not sure why though cos I havent changed anything :huh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.