BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2007

This game is miles better than 06, but why do Rovers have to be so ######?! McCarthy is very good, but the rest of the team is poor.

My main complaints are:

1) Hardly any players appear when you do a player / staff search. 90% of them will be based in England! It makes buying players very difficult. Maybe the database just isn't as big as the past games?

2) Players seem ultra sensitive - you could be the manager of a conference side speaking of your respect of Alex Ferguson and the team will question whether you should be praising other clubs and become unhappy.

Actually that's all I can think of right now, which shows just how good the game is.

Good players to go for are:

Pocognoli: Very good, young left back who can also play at left wing. You can pick him up for between 350k - 1.5m

Vanden Borre: Just as in the previous games, he is amazing. He plays at right back. Will cost between 1.5m - 2.5m.

Silva: (can't remember his first name, but he plays in Portugal) Described as a "wonderkid." Good stats and will become amazing. Costs 6.8m every time.

If anyone is struggling for a left back, then look no further than Olivier Deschacht. 1.5m and a bargain!

Had a few good seasons with rovers finished top 4 two seasons in a row. just seems I cant get any further though. U can use McE as left back. He does well enough for m. Or Loan that left back from liverpool (not riise the other good fella). Also frutos is a good striker for cheap money as he will win a lot of headers - I find this important as there are still far too many goals scored from deep crosses. Take advantage of this and put a lot of balls to the far post or center (depending from which side). That will get you some goals.

At the start of the game sign sherman cardenas. turns fab. Also you might be able to get theo walcot at about 6 or 7 mills in the 2nd season.

Also voronin is an ok striker who can be signed for free 2nd season. Woodgate is good and cheap. might be able to loan him too.

If anyone have any tips to get the strikers to put away 1-on-1s let me know. I have already stopped playing the game cos of this.

´So far I have a conversion rate at 1,6 in 10 on 1-on-1s (proper ones where the strikers run with the ball clear of the back line). ARGH. And its benni, eduardo, delgado, voronin, nonda and frutos. Good strikers.

I've finished my first season with Rovers and I was very pleased in the end.

6th place in the league

Won the UEFA cup

Lost semi-final FA cup against Derby

Got Marcelo (left back) from Fluminense, 18-year old kid who is already the new left back on the brazilian national team on my game. The other two signings the first season was vanden Borre (which I sent to cercle brugge on loan) and Bojan (15-year old wonderkid from Barca).

I was struggling a bit the first couple of months of the season in my usual 4-4-2 formation, but after I changed to the 4-2-3-1 formation, which I was highly succesful with Barca on the demo, I started getting good results and was well within reach of top of the league just before christmas. But then I got a lot of injuries on key players, most of them long term. In january it came to a point where I had 6 first team regulars out injured, but amazingly my team got through it. Thanks to Gally playing well on the right wing and Sergio Peter playing excellent on the left wing. Peter is getting a lot better and his value is increasing all the time.

Nonda scored my goals in the start of the season, but then he got injured and I started playing with only one striker. After the season I think Benni, Nonda and Roberts all ended up with 16-18 goals each with each having their patch of good scoring form in the season.

But I think I should add a few odd things with my 1st whole season on FM2007. Man City won the league, Arsenal ended up in 14th, West Ham came 19th and sacked Pardew a few hours before kick off of the last game of the season when they still could stay up.

the top half of the table was:

1. Man City

2. Chelsea

3. Man Utd

4. Newcastle

5. Everton

6. Blackburn

7. Liverpool

8. Tottenham

14. Arsenal

It was very close between the teams in the top 7

Roberts has been crap for me. He has scored 2 goals in 2 1/2 seasons (not that he gets many starts) and no one wants to buy him.

I am having the same problem. He is now 30 but worth 2.9. West Brom came in at 1.9 and it was all going through then it turned out that they didnt have the money - then they made the same bid again :blink:

There is a patch due out, hopefully later this week.

I will have it up before you this time - so to speak :P

(You can also go straight out at the point where you load the game and search for the patch using the update button)

Edited by Cocker

I've had to result to bringing in Kevin Campbell as cover till the end of the season, I was outside the transfer window and he was the best about on a free! All because my strikers are injuring themselves all the time.

On the annoying transfer side I had Leeds come in for Andy Todd, they constantly enquired how much I wanted for him, gave them a price, they pull out. No matter what price I put they pulled out, until I offered him on free, as he was affecting team morale.

ive been doing ok, halfway through the season and im floating between 4th and 7th! i agree that roberts is rubbish, and i bought ashley young off watford - hes pretty rubbish too!! nonda is a good target man he gets a lot of assists

my team for most games is

friedel

ball (bought from PSV)

nelsen

matteo (shockingly high average rating of 7.05 after 19 games)

neill

pedersen

zenden (season long loan)

savage

gallagher

reid (amc)

mccarthy/jeffers

I didnt start with Blackburn on my game.

I started unemployed and have managed Brighton, Leicester, Birmingham, England and currently in 2011, Roma.

And Sergio Peter is currently worth 11m and playing for Juventus.

So keep hold of him

Edited by BuckyRover

Best players for rovers or any other team

Cardenas AM RC

Marcelo LB ML

Zarate STR

Garay ( if you can get him WP)

Pedro Leon RM,RW

Rosi RB/RW etc

Sivok DM

Eastwood Str

Higuin STR

Digard D,DM

Gordan GK

Varela RB,RW

Haelstad DM/RM

Sisi RW/LW

Pique CB

Sturridge STR

Millan 14 yr old wonderkid

Players To Sell

Jeffers 2mill

Todd 750k

Emerton 4 mill

MGP 4 mill

Roberts 2 mill

Henchoz 500k

Enkleman 750k

I would never sell MGP and I have no idea how you got 2 million for Jeffers and Roberts.

MGP is absoulute pap no pace, no dribbling,dosent score sell him and bring in some quality, you can get silva from valencia for 5-6 million

you can easily get 2mill for jeffers either pompey or west brom

roberts normaly goes for 1.5- 2 mill at the start of the 1st sesaon if you offer hm out

Well never managed to sell either and have found that in both 2006 and 2007 MGP is great. I've never had him play a season with an average rating below 7.25 and he'll generally chip in with 5+ goals.

Do you transfer list and offer to clubs?

For 5 mill you can get siva from valencia who bcomes a wonderkid, will get 15 assists , plus goals and make a huge profit on him by the time he turns 23, i sold him for 18m after 2 seasons that 13m profit. You will never get that cash for MGP and a team like rovers on fm 07 need to sell to raise cash to buy palyers. Sell MGP and buy silva

Edited by Bazzanotsogreat

MGP is absoulute pap no pace, no dribbling,dosent score sell him and bring in some quality, you can get silva from valencia for 5-6 million

you can easily get 2mill for jeffers either pompey or west brom

roberts normaly goes for 1.5- 2 mill at the start of the 1st sesaon if you offer hm out

Agreed, Silva is awesome.

Edited by tcj_jones

Getting frustrated with the number of red card. 7 games played this season with Deportivo and 7 red cards. Hopefully the patch will rectify this.

I don't think its a problem. I only had about 3 in the last season I did. My opponents were usually the team that went down to 10 men.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.