SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 2-1 Wigan

den

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How wrong you are, just because my opinion differs to yours! We're here to give our opinion on the match, not for know it all individuals to comment on our attendance at home games. I've been a season ticket holder for the past 12 years! I didn't miss Sundays game!

:wstu:

well, at least we know that you two weren't at Ewood today! Neill was very good at the back today and have some neat combinations with Gamst, Tugay, Benni etc when going forward... I belive it was Lucas who set up Bentley/Jeffers when we equalised as well.

people need to get over that Neill haven't signed a new contract! the man of the matc award today was close race between him and Benni, but I gave it to Neill (doing the player ratings for the norwegian supporters club) today cos I though Benni should have scored some more goals today. Neill didn't make any major errors as I could spot today.

1. McCarthy was NOT in offside when Roberts got the ball passed Kirkland, but he was offside in the build up when Neill played the ball behind their defence.

2. Ooijer played well against both Boro and Salzburg (man of the match), but before those two games I would have agreed with you bringing Todd back. He have no pace at all and made a stupid challenge on heskey for the penalty..

edit:

its nice that they are happy to score a goal for Rovers, but c'mon guys...kids are watching! :blink:

IPB Image

Just one more word about being onside if you are behind the ball.

Wikipedia

"A player is in an offside position if "he is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second to last opponent," unless he is in his own half of the field of play. A player level with the second to last opponent is not in an offside position. Note that the last two opposing players can be either the goalkeeper and an outfield player, or two outfield players.

In general, what this means is that either the attacking team should ensure the opposing team having at least two players (of which the opposition's goalkeeper is included) in between the goal line and the nearest player of the attacking team, or all players of the attacking team should be behind the ball such that it remains closer to the goal line than any of the player of the attacking team."

Just one more word about being onside if you are behind the ball.

Wikipedia

"A player is in an offside position if "he is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second to last opponent," unless he is in his own half of the field of play. A player level with the second to last opponent is not in an offside position. Note that the last two opposing players can be either the goalkeeper and an outfield player, or two outfield players.

In general, what this means is that either the attacking team should ensure the opposing team having at least two players (of which the opposition's goalkeeper is included) in between the goal line and the nearest player of the attacking team, or all players of the attacking team should be behind the ball such that it remains closer to the goal line than any of the player of the attacking team."

just because its in wikipedia, doesn't mean it's correct!!

try quoting the FA rule book!

All this debate could easily be taking place on the Referees own 'Messageboard'.... if they have one, and just serves to illustrate how stupid the new rule is and how impossible it is to implement with any consistency. Rem they have just a few seconds to think about the situation.

not sure which manager said

"if the player isn't interfering with the play, what the hell is he doing on the pitch?!?"

but for me that sums it up. Please get back to the simple rule- if you're offside, you're offside!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.