SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Feyenoord 0 Rovers 0

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well well well my Blackburn friends..

Finally we get a draw against an English team..! Seems like 23th of November is the date we are all looking forward to. Shame we didnt draw Spurs but Blackburn is not bad either..

I'm already looking forward to seeing Brett Emerton in Rotterdam again after he left our club to join yours.

Here's a picture of our stadium...

IPB Image

Just to give you some info on my team Feyenoord.

Current League Standing : 9th

Players to look out for : Jonathan de Guzman , Serginho Greene , Romeo Castelen (when fit)

Favourite player with the fans : Danny Buijs

The Manager : Erwin Koeman

Stadium Capacity : 51.000

Away Tickets (Guess) : Minimum 1400 , Maximum 2300

Last succes in the Cup : Uefa Cup Winners 2002 (with Brett Emerton)

The current team we have is very very poor. The supporters are protesting every week against the board of directors and chairman for making a big mess of things. We were being followed by the Dutch F.A just over a year ago because the Finacial Status was awful. We therefore had to sell quality players like Dirk Kuyt and Salomon Kalou to Liverpool and Chelsea. We also sold just over 30 other players who were at the club just to make the financial situation better.

Maybe worst of all the board decided to spend 80% of our transfer-money on a reserve player of our biggest rivals ajax. In Holland at Feyenoord it is ''not done'' when you buy a player from ajax let alone a useless reserve fuc.ker. His name is Angelos Charisteas by the way (the guy who scored the winner in the European Championship Final for Greece).

If you want to see the goals we scored so far this season click on the link below and just click on the name of the player...

http://www.frgoals.nl/index.php?pagina=goals/index

Feyenoord's possible Starting Line-Up...

____________________Timmer__________________

___________Greene____Saidi_____Bahia________

____Buijs______________________________Leonard_

_____________De Guzman____Lucius_____________

____________________Hofs______________________

____________Castelen______Charisteas___________

Subs :

Lodewijks , Tiendalli , Boussaboun , Van Hooijdonk , Kolkka , Pardo , Drenthe.

Edited by SCF08

Well well well my Blackburn friends..

Finally we get a draw against an English team..! Seems like 23th of November is the date we are all looking forward to. Shame we didnt draw Spurs but Blackburn is not bad either..

Hello and welcome, word of advice, you won't make any friends here saying you prefer spurs :P

If you're confused about this, it's mostly an ethno-religious thing. Think "Yids" and all that.

No It's not. This dates way back into the 70s when we both first met in the Uefa Cup Finals. There were truly massive riots as the Spurs tried to invade the Feyenoord end in Rotterdam which was not too smart. Since then the rivalry stuck and riots occured at every occasion the 2 sides met.

Booked return flights from Birmingham to Amsterdam for 50 quid. A lot cheaper than the local airports as all the cheap prices were snapped up early doors. Fly out at 15:15 on the Wednesday and fly back in at 18:20. Good flights me thinks.

Gonna stay in Amsterdam for the two nights and make the journey down to the stadium on the Thursday afternoon. There are trains every ten or 15 minutes to Rotterdam and it's only 22 Euro return.

Only got to sort some cheap rooms for the 4 of us in the dam and we're sorted. Very happy days.

Anyone any ideas on where to look for the rooms and is anyone from here on the Birmingham flight?

Mr SCOTT SLATER is flying on:

Flights Wednesday 22 November

Check in opens Wed 22 Nov 13:15

Closes Wed 22 Nov 14:35

Liverpool To Amsterdam

flight 7005; dep. Wed 22 Nov 15:15

arr. Wed 22 Nov 17:35

Saturday 25 November

Check in opens Sat 25 Nov 11:25

Closes Sat 25 Nov 12:45

Amsterdam To Liverpool

flight 7014; dep. Sat 25 Nov 13:25

arr. Sat 25 Nov 13:45

dunno were to stay yet

EDIT: booked on my own

£42

Edited by SAS

I booked from Wed to Friday via jet2.com

2 people £127 inc travel insurance.

Anyone else staying in Amsterdam?

We are thinking about it Den. Our flights are to Amsterdam so might as well stay there for a litlte while.

No It's not. This dates way back into the 70s when we both first met in the Uefa Cup Finals. There were truly massive riots as the Spurs tried to invade the Feyenoord end in Rotterdam which was not too smart. Since then the rivalry stuck and riots occured at every occasion the 2 sides met.

Sorry, I was confused and thought you were talking about something else. Didn't realize you were referencing Feyenoord.

Isn't it also true, though, that there's a certain anti-semitism associated with the rivalry with Ajax and all that? I could be totally wrong on this.

Booked return flights from Birmingham to Amsterdam for 50 quid. A lot cheaper than the local airports as all the cheap prices were snapped up early doors. Fly out at 15:15 on the Wednesday and fly back in at 18:20. Good flights me thinks.

Gonna stay in Amsterdam for the two nights and make the journey down to the stadium on the Thursday afternoon. There are trains every ten or 15 minutes to Rotterdam and it's only 22 Euro return.

Only got to sort some cheap rooms for the 4 of us in the dam and we're sorted. Very happy days.

Anyone any ideas on where to look for the rooms and is anyone from here on the Birmingham flight?

Want to post on the Feyenoord thread, LD?

Booked return flights from Birmingham to Amsterdam for 50 quid. A lot cheaper than the local airports as all the cheap prices were snapped up early doors. Fly out at 15:15 on the Wednesday and fly back in at 18:20 on the Friday. Good flights me thinks.

Edited by LDRover

Its 50km from rotterdam to Amsterdam so 1 hour on the train seems a long time.

Anyone finding any flights for really cheap? Cheapest iv seen so far are £126, with £6 per person for the travel insurance.

Any decent cheap hotels in Rotterdam?

I went to the Sparta Rotterdam pre-season game. We stayed in Amsterdam for 3 nights before the game and then Rotterdam for the night of the game. The two cities are a complete contrast.

Amsterdam is genuinely beautiful and has plenty to do - either from a touristy perspective or from a nightlife perspective. Rotterdam is very industrial and lacks any real charm. When there I felt I could have been in any city, there was nothing outstanding about the place that I could see.

Trains from Amsterdam to Rotterdam are very regular, fairly cheap, and take less than an hour. I'd stay in Amsterdam given the choice.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.