BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Feyenoord 0 Rovers 0

Is anyone still looking for accom in Amsterdam?

We are struggling a little as we're staying Wed/Thur/Fri

Any suggestions.

Plus is it worth ringing some of the places direct rather than using internet based booking system, will they have extra spare rooms etc?

Cheers

I know that hotel hortus has rooms. Its 27 euros per night. www.hotelhortus.com

Come on you blues!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 tickets on the doormat when i got home....here we come amsterdam ramada!

Just the two on my doormat ...

This time next week we'll be on the Disco Boat just clearing Spurn Head (going past Cleethorpes for you land lubbers).

:tu::tu::tu::rover:

any idea if we can take beer on the ferry?

You can (think of all the cheap booze which people carry home on ferries coming back to the UK), but on this occasion not sure why you'd want to.

Like you couldn't walk into a Blackburn pub and start drinking cans from the offy round the corner, you can't walk into the bars on the ferry with a pile of cans from Tesco (or even from the on board duty free).

So unless you want to sit in your cabin all night, I'd just head for the bars - that's where the fun is going to be!

You can (think of all the cheap booze which people carry home on ferries coming back to the UK), but on this occasion not sure why you'd want to.

Like you couldn't walk into a Blackburn pub and start drinking cans from the offy round the corner, you can't walk into the bars on the ferry with a pile of cans from Tesco (or even from the on board duty free).

So unless you want to sit in your cabin all night, I'd just head for the bars - that's where the fun is going to be!

But don't forget to reserve your place on the upper deck lee side rail. You may need it! :lol:

Oh, and also remember that as the ship changes direction the lee side can suddenly become the windward side; you won't like that!

Edited by Fife Rover

Just to get an idea of how many fans we are taking, say we end up with a block of 3,000, is this equivalent to half the lower tier of the B'burn end? I don't know the capacity.

The lower tier of the Blackburn/Darwen Ends seat just over 4500, the upper tiers are closer to 3000. Roughly.

Got our 3 tickets today :D

We are wondering whether to prebook the tickets for the train from Amsterdam.

Although from what I hear trains run every 15mins so it should be OK to buy on the day.

Has anybody else prebooked?

I've not. I reckon it'll be the usual first come first served scrum, especially after the game. It'll make a mockery of pre-booking.

Simon :brfc:

lets find the closest pub to the ferry and go there

There is a pub close by, on the road which runs alongside the docks at Hull. Grilles over the windows and broken glass all over the car park.

Last time I was there (a few years back) was for a pre-lunch pint, with some of the stevedores who were loading our cargo onto a ship.

As we were supping our ale a guy came in wearing suit and tie, ordered a lemonade and asked if they did sandwiches.

To which the landlady replied - "it says f****** pub outside and that's what it is - a f****** pub. If it said f****** café we might do food, but this is a f****** pub" and slammed a pint of bitter in front of him, demanding £1.50.

I'm happy to go there if you are ...

My tickets arrived this morning, cannot wait until Wednesday now when we fly out from Bristol.

As for pubs in Hull mate, the port is in East Hull which is an absolute S***hole, having lived in Hull for 18 years i think i can safely say East Hull is one of the biggest dumps i've seen. If your looking for a drink before you board the ferry and want to take a taxi to the port, go for a drink in town centre or go to West Hull and go to pubs like Silver Cod or Cross Key's which is in the near-by village of Cottingham.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.