BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Feyenoord 0 Rovers 0

There is a pub close by, on the road which runs alongside the docks at Hull. Grilles over the windows and broken glass all over the car park.

Last time I was there (a few years back) was for a pre-lunch pint, with some of the stevedores who were loading our cargo onto a ship.

As we were supping our ale a guy came in wearing suit and tie, ordered a lemonade and asked if they did sandwiches.

To which the landlady replied - "it says f****** pub outside and that's what it is - a f****** pub. If it said f****** café we might do food, but this is a f****** pub" and slammed a pint of bitter in front of him, demanding £1.50.

I'm happy to go there if you are ...

I'd be more then happy to go there :tu: Beers beer :)

Dunno what time i'll be arriving in Hull though, we set off from aquaduct at 4

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on traffic OhmiBRFC you should be in Hull for about 7ish at the latest mate so you should have an amount of time to pass before your ferry leaves port.

My tickets arrived this morning, cannot wait until Wednesday now when we fly out from Bristol.

As for pubs in Hull mate, the port is in East Hull which is an absolute S***hole, having lived in Hull for 18 years i think i can safely say East Hull is one of the biggest dumps i've seen. If your looking for a drink before you board the ferry and want to take a taxi to the port, go for a drink in town centre or go to West Hull and go to pubs like Silver Cod or Cross Key's which is in the near-by village of Cottingham.

Used to live in Hull - East Hull is indeed sh*te - other decent pubs when I was there were on Beverley Road - the Mainbrace and about two or three round and about

I thought there were no numbers but i now think that:

Your section is in the top left, mine is GG (top tier)

Your seat number is in the top right 475, I can assume that maybe it's row 4 seat 75. Either that or you just have to try and find your seat!

Anyone see the documentary on The Herald Of Free Enterprise last night? :(

Ozzie, I was there on HMS Hurworth, minesweeper who's divers aved a hell of a lot of individuals. Horrendous evening and night in my comms office, my juniors defo earned their stripes that night.

anyone flying out from Birmingham around 9am thursday morning?

we fly from brum 0700hrs, plane has a lot of Rovers fans onboard.

tickets have arrived, block G.

cant wait for this, we are staying in the Ramada citry centre- bring it on!

any news on the bar for wednesday night-someone told me the ashes test is on too, if thats correct maybe a long night on the lash! :D

I thought there were no numbers but i now think that:

Your section is in the top left, mine is GG (top tier)

Your seat number is in the top right 475, I can assume that maybe it's row 4 seat 75. Either that or you just have to try and find your seat!

It's not just me then. As long as we're all struggling to find our seats I'm happy.

tickets have arrived, block G.

cant wait for this, we are staying in the Ramada citry centre- bring it on!

any news on the bar for wednesday night-someone told me the ashes test is on too, if thats correct maybe a long night on the lash! :D

This is a link to a 24 hour sports bar within 5 mins walk of the train station

http://www.hotel-theglobe.nl/

Edited by Baz

Still no news on extra ticket allocation? I know a few who haven't got tickets and the clubs silence doesn't help matters.

They'll still travel as you'll almost always get in, but having a large number of people without tickets isn't good from a policing point of view.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.