BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Feyenoord 0 Rovers 0

Well I've just got back from Amsterdam so won't be there again next week, just a few pointers:

Watch your pockets and bags at Centraal Station

If walking around the red light district at night make sure you are in small groups, it's not a very safe place to be on your own, heard stories of a few lads getting mugged whilst we were there.

Don't try to take a phot of the 'ladies' in the window, they don't like it and you are likely to get chased down the road by some failry scary looking blokes.

Don't drink all day and then decide to go and have a smoke otherwise you'll end up absolutely sparko in bed about 45 minutes later ;)

If you want a decent bar head for The Tiger bar which is just down from the Old Sailor in the middle of the red light district, look at the photo's on the wall downstairs and you'll see one with me and the lovely barmaid.

Just enjoy it, it's a very unusual place but definitely worth a visit for those who haven't been before.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no news on extra ticket allocation? I know a few who haven't got tickets and the clubs silence doesn't help matters.

They'll still travel as you'll almost always get in, but having a large number of people without tickets isn't good from a policing point of view.

Whilst the club have made no announcement on the website about extra tickets, they have got some and are busy distributing them. I applied on Saturday and got a phone call yesterday (Thursday) saying I had 3. The extra tickets don't arrive until Sunday so we're picking them up at the Spurs match. Anyone who can't get to the ground to pick them up will probably struggle now. I've no idea whether they have allocated all the extra tickets, or indeed how many they got.

I think something has gone a bit weird, young Wez applied on the Wednesday and didnt get a ticket - despite some none season ticket holders applying on the Thursday being allocated them.

Seems a little strange to me.

Isnt Wez still banned for being an arse. Sounds fair to me.

Will there be more Rovers fans at Feyenoord than at Celtic Park a few years ago (having read that this match'll have the Rovers largest ever following in Europe)?

If it refers to continental Europe, how many were at the Lyons game?

You going to be playing catch up when we arrive mate? We can meet you off the train and the accom is just near the station anyway. Can't wait.

I thought there were about 4,000 at Ceptic Park but you wouldn't know would you?

Will there be more Rovers fans at Feyenoord than at Celtic Park a few years ago (having read that this match'll have the Rovers largest ever following in Europe)?

If it refers to continental Europe, how many were at the Lyons game?

Good point.

2,865 was the official allocation at Celtic Park. No idea about Lyon.

You going to be playing catch up when we arrive mate? We can meet you off the train and the accom is just near the station anyway. Can't wait.

I thought there were about 4,000 at Ceptic Park but you wouldn't know would you?

I'll be travelling light so as you say, meet y'all at the station :rover:

As for Glasgow, I blame it on that wee dram (or five) of Drambuie in Bairds, but just think of the kudos if I'd failed to get into the Parkheed ground for being 'under the influence'.

As I always say, when in Rome... :tu:

I'm loving this thread and can't wait for next week.

Just scanning the last couple of pages, there are Rovers fans leaving these shores from airports in Blackpool, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Birmingham, Bristol, Nottingham and no doubt there will be many more from London and Scotland.

And of course the huge contingent travelling by sea from Hull and elsewhere.

See you all down Leidseplein!

:brfc::rover::)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.