BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Feyenoord 0 Rovers 0

Correct Simon! We were totally crap but we got away with it cos Feyenoord are totally crappier. Unfortunately we cannot rely on facing Europe's equivalents of Accy Stanley for much longer!

Ha ha - very funny. Except that Accy Stan have just transferred (loaned?) two quality attackers who make Rovers look like carthorses.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back - great trip

Blackburn, in de lang niet volle Kuip gesteund door ruim 2500 luidruchtige fans, leek een thuiswedstrijd te spleen.

Can any of the site's visiting Dutch fans translate?Cheers

That means (and I'm dutch, so trust me)

Blackburn, who played in De Kuip which wasn't sold-out at all, was supported by 2500 noisy fans, who must made them feel like playing a home-match.

And so it was, you guys were great, and I was the only one that was jumping off his seat when we got a chance. All those lunatics looked at me like I was crazy :P And I am, about Rovers :D

Edited by MortenMagician

Well done to all that travelled.

A very sober Gav (Explanation why, above) agrees with both Hughes and Savagae, we did boss the game for long periods. They were poor and had a few chances but we bossed the game. I was impressed with No 24 for them. We never got past him once, maybe worth a look at Mr Hughes.

Gav - nice to know you are in one piece and what sound like another excellent Euro trip

Honestly, it didn't come over that way on TV - look at all the other comments on here. Suppose its the usual you only get the true reflective by being there, or TV tends to highlight things more.

Anyway - did they put a shelf up for you.

Have a safe journey home

Are you a red indian? :huh:

You sound like Chiefy in the Beano!

I;d only been up about 20min when I wrote that :lol:

In the first half there fans just pushed past stewards & moved closer to us, not nice scenes, there was an old guy who was getting squashed at top and some lads told steward and he said he;ll have to wait

From a internet cafe in Amsterdam, a few thoughts on the game..

First of all, the support was great. I didn't hear the Feyenoord fans more than a few times, and there was a lot of them! "I shagged your mom in Amsterdam", priceless. However, the game didn't reflect the fans' noise I'm afraid, it was a rather dull performance without the attacking spark from Rovers. They had a lot of chances in the 1st half, should've been up with at least one goal at half time.. Whatever they were feeding Bentley with in the start of the season, he's full now. Try something else!

The police did well to keep the Feyenoord hoolies away, it was a lot of problems with the trains though. The policemen told us to go off at the first stop when we entered the train on Amsterdam Centraal - which we didn't due to some really helpful Feyenoord-fans on the train. I've got no idea why they told us this, and no idea where we really should've gotten off, but as we headed for de Kuip- I was glad we had our two Dutch friends with us - cause we ended up at the wrong side of the policeguards. (Thanks guys, you were great!)

It kicked off ten seconds after we entered the tunnel though, looked like some idiot were shooting missiles of some sort, and there was minor fighting between some Feyenoord-fans and the police. I didn't hear about any troubles involving Blackburn-fans though, we all behaved well (there's always a few idiots though, 'we hate pakis' and all that - didn't hear that during the game though, thankfully.)

Tugay looked like he had a few drinks after coming off, cause while we were waiting to get out of the stadium (back in Amsterdam at one o'clock FFS) he acted like a king. Ipod and big earphones, just messing about while the others ran some rounds to clap the fans and cool down. He really likes the attention though, and we sure as hell like him.

Rovers songs crossing every canal in the city on Wed night, good times :)

Watford wouldnt agree to play us! :o

That bit I know.

What I want to know is why? Its normal practice isn't it to play on sundays for teams that have played in Europe on Thursday? I'm suprised the Prem League let Watford dictate their own terms.

Daft thing is that teams that have had a tiring week usually perform below par the following weekend.

That was a very tough game against intimidating opposition. We did well to come away with the necessary point. However I was concerned that we were unable once again to get in behind them. With the exception of Savage's great run and shot, we didn't threaten their goal or even look like scoring. Nonda obviously missed a good chance but even that was an awkward one.

Amsterdam was great, laugh had by all. Plenty Rovers fans wandering the streets after experimenting with some of the local produce - I am led to believe that Gav saw Mrs Wilky and myself "giggling at reception" on Wednesday tea time after an afternoon in a cafe. (They had randomly moved all our stuff into a different room - not what we were expecting, and my head wasnt in a good place).

Im not going to comment much on the farcical arrangements by the Dutch Railway authorities, the police, and worst of all the steward staff at the ground. Me and Mrs Wilky finally got into the ground just after half time after "seeing" the first half at different times being shunted around by stewards, made to stand behind locked gates, being sent upstairs to be told it was full and to go back downstairs.

And that bar-steward steward that shouted at my wife (a rather unassuming 5footer) did well not to get a thump.

A great trip ended on a sour note, which is a shame.

And bobfleming looked like he enjoyed last night when we left our hotel at 6.45am this morning !!

Edited by stuwilky

Amsterdam was great, laugh had by all. Plenty Rovers fans wandering the streets after experimenting with some of the local produce - I am led to believe that Gav saw Mrs Wilky and myself "giggling at reception" on Wednesday tea time after an afternoon in a cafe. (They had randomly moved all our stuff into a different room - not what we were expecting, and my head wasnt in a good place).

Im not going to comment much on the farcical arrangements by the Dutch Railway authorities, the police, and worst of all the steward staff at the ground. Me and Mrs Wilky finally got into the ground just after half time after "seeing" the first half at different times being shunted around by stewards, made to stand behind locked gates, being sent upstairs to be told it was full and to go back downstairs.

And that @#/? that shouted at my wife (a rather unassuming 5footer) did well not to get a thump.

A great trip ended on a sour note, which is a shame.

And bobfleming was leathered this morning when we left our hotel at 6.45am!!

So you were all smoking some pretty strong stuff?

Sorry to hear your "trip" ended on a sour note :rolleyes::lol:

BRISA awaits your attention. Which has me thinking.Has my subscription gone towards funding trips of all kinds? :o

sad to hear about the stewarding problems. sounds like bolton and birmingham's jobs-worths have been moonlighting!

on the game itself, we went for a point and got one. Feyernoord had a few good chances, but luckily their finishing was even worse than our defending.

bentley was poor, (tugay picked him out 4 or 5 times in the 1st half, he shouldve made of the openings) as were and mccarthy and nonda,- the game plan was built around getting men behind the ball, maybe that explains it.

MGP did brilliantly defensively and jeffers looked lively (probably due a starting role in place of nonda).

my final thoughts are on the coverage and in particular- tim sherwood.

he was less than complimentary, being kind and kept having sly digs at savage and our playing style. rovers need to employ a PR guru and quick, even our title- winning capt hates us! :angry:

his quote "rovers are waiting to get beat" was absolutely outrageous. now we know where kinghorn gets it from!

All the Dutch press are saying that Feyenoord were the better side. They are ever so wrong, Rovers had a firm grip, just as you guys are saying around here. Which is our next league match now this weekend vs. Watford is postponed?

not according to Sparky and Savage we didn't - we went to win. This is my point of worry as IMO we sure didn't apply ourselves to do that except for the first 20 mins.

i agree. MH and SAV had to say that. i was both suprised and pleased to see todd on the bench, as i bet the man himself was. this illustrates rovers were cautious, rather than negative.

All the Dutch press are saying that Feyenoord were the better side. They are ever so wrong, Rovers had a firm grip, just as you guys are saying around here. Which is our next league match now this weekend vs. Watford is postponed?

They had more clear cut chances, but they were far from being the better side. :blink:

not according to Sparky and Savage we didn't - we went to win. This is my point of worry as IMO we sure didn't apply ourselves to do that except for the first 20 mins.

If Feyenoord had scored from one of those late free kicks it would have been like Celtic v MU all over again. If you don't score when you are on top in any game at this level you usually end up suffering for it. Nonda's missed header in particular was abysmal.

If Feyenoord had scored from one of those late free kicks it would have been like Celtic v MU all over again. If you don't score when you are on top in any game at this level you usually end up suffering for it. Nonda's missed header in particular was abysmal.

That sums up our performances in Europe and at home. The actual performances all round have been about the same, but we've had the breaks in Europe that we haven't had at home. We could easily have ended up drawing in Krakow despite being the better team, the 3-0 over Basel greatly flattered us and although a draw last night was the right result we could have ended up losing.

Morton said he had beer thrown in his face. How could this happen as UEFA do not allow alcohol to be sold in the stadium when a UEFA cup match is being played? :unsure:

Morten ;)

Well, in Holland it's always possible to get beer into the stadiums. Not sure if the UEFA-rules are common in every country, but if they've forbidden that, Feyenoord are so wrong. Reading through some Feyenoord-boards now, and they seem less than happy with the throwing-scum, as they've been warned and fined before and another punishment awaits them. Shame Morten didn't score, I would love to see his celeb ;)

Morten ;)

Well, in Holland it's always possible to get beer into the stadiums. Not sure if the UEFA-rules are common in every country, but if they've forbidden that, Feyenoord are so wrong. Reading through some Feyenoord-boards now, and they seem less than happy with the throwing-scum, as they've been warned and fined before and another punishment awaits them. Shame Morten didn't score, I would love to see his celeb ;)

hi morten...yes thats true that you can get beer at any ground in holland as i also follow vvv venlo and ive had a few beers at alomost every ground.but uefa rules are bigger than dutch rules and if thats true then feyenoord yet again are in the stew

where in holland do you live pal?im guessin near rotterdam itself?ive been in limburg now for 5 years but lived all over holland for 5 years too..do you get to the rovers games in uk?

The press are right. They were the better side.

we were lucky to get a point but I'm glad we did :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.