BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Feyenoord 0 Rovers 0

Just got back having missed my early flight by 5 minutes and having a nice bill of £160 for another flight.

paid 120 euros for a window

had my camera stolen

been permanently stoned and drunk

and had a very nice wander around RLD

You sounded pretty wrecked when i rang you and you didn't know where you were :lol:

You had the same luck as my mate who dropped his new phone and couldn't find it.

By the sounds of it we were really lucky getting into the stadium. Met Joost in the irish bar in Leidseplein and got the train to rotterdam no problems at all. Straight into the stadium although Joost didn't get in because of his ajax shirt :unsure: not sure if he got in eventually or not. We went straight up to the top tier about 5 minutes before kick off and got some good seats right at the front, not that i sat on them mind. After the match was just slow, i understand why they did it but there was no communication.

As mentioned the match flew by and didn't seem to ever get going. Rovers weren't tested and we seemed content with the point. Happy to be going through to the knockout stages and a deserved point.

Good to see and talk to so many rovers from so many different countries.

Speaking of norwegian pancakes, who was on the big table of rovers fans on thrusday at about 1, in the sports cafe in Leidseplein?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of norwegian pancakes, who was on the big table of rovers fans on thrusday at about 1, in the sports cafe in Leidseplein?

Moi, along with Stuwilky, Baz, 1864roverite, PKS, PrestonBlue. On another table were Manchesterblue, Percy, Biddy, and probably someone else I've missed. Where were you modes?

I was there..

It was alcohol free.

they told us it was 2,5% when I asked..although I was in such state that it could easily have been alcohol free without me tasting the difference :)

Moi, along with Stuwilky, Baz, 1864roverite, PKS, PrestonBlue. On another table were Manchesterblue, Percy, Biddy, and probably someone else I've missed. Where were you modes?

I was with 2 of my mates next to you lot in between the rovers fans under the ashes screen and you guys. In the Red Away Shirt, Listening into the pancake and penalty debates :lol:

I was going to say something but if you lot weren't who i thought then i would of looked pretty stupid :tu:

Enjoyed the trip, here's some pluses and minuses -

Pluses :

Amsterdam - a wonderful city and I don't mean for the laddish elements

Torture museum - a fascinating experience

Public transport - amazing trains and so plush I had to check I was in 2nd class

The Dutch -very friendly & helpful people

Food - the Mexican meal on Wednesday evening was excellent

The drink - decent prices and good bars

The company - travelling with Glenn & smurf into Amsterdam, with Martin throughout and meeting friends in Rotterdam

The result - more than I could hope for and qualification for the next round!

Minuses :

Stadium facilities - I'd be ashamed to offer that level of facility on a park on a sunday morning. Absolutely apppalling.

Loutish Rovers fans - people can enjoy themselves however they like but when stoned out pillocks start sticking spliffs into the face of 70 year old ladies and not give a fig about it, or stand on seats in front of kids when there's noone in their line of sight for three rows then somethings wrong.

Stewarding prt 1- and people moan about English stewards? Jeez, these guys wouldn't know how to herd cattle let alone manage people. How can any sensible organisation not let you go into a top tier as it's 'full' but don't bother opening the bottom area?

Stewarding prt 2 - and they wonder why people get frustrated if they are kept in metal pens with no communication.

Stewarding prt 3 - recovering a ball which Toogs kicked into the crowd, clearly to keep themselves, from Martin on way out of ground.

what a fine bunch of supporters who ALL thoroughly enjoyed themselves. the beer was going down very well ;)

did anyone actually manage to eat one of the pancakes ?

did anyone else get a decent view of Gabriels recently purchased plastic boobs ?

for any female wanting to know more, plastic boob surgery is half the cost in Amsterdam !!

right its been a messi trip

:rover:

ive

paid 120 euros for a window

had my camera stolen

been permanently stoned and drunk

and had a very nice wander around RLD

what was the score? :wstu:

first of all you shouldnt have paid that much it appeared tehg oing rate was 50 euro for a 15 minute jump ! So either you got ripped off or your a Blackburn Stud ;)

secondly, a black lad came in the bar we were in - The Skandinavia (behind the banana bar) and sold a digital camera, unboxed and no leads, he got 30 euro for it. Is this your camera ? I am pretty certain that if it is yours I may know the person who now has it. Please pm a full description with make and model and if it fits I might be able to arrange a full recovery.

Anyone on the train to Schipol Friday that was with our lot, does anyone recall taking the pi$$ out fo the lad who bought the towel rail, lantern and barometer ?

a top effort :rover:

1] did anyone actually manage to eat one of the pancakes ?

2] did anyone else get a decent view of Gabriels recently purchased plastic boobs ?

1] I managed half of one, which was quite a feat seeing that one hour before leaving for the flight, I was throwing up at home, then throwing up at the m/way services, courtesy of a sickness and diarrhoea bug - which incidentally lasted until today.

Managed a whole 2 pints as well over the two days. BTW Modi, that's why I may have looked miserable. :huh:

2] Yep. :tu:

You are turning into me ES! :tu::lol:

Your hitherto 'green and pleasant' view of Blackburn appears to be becoming somewhat jaundiced. Far too many of our away fans are an embarrassment to themselves, the club, the town and the rest of us. I go to very few away games now cos of the scum.

Me also , Theno :tu:

The main reason I chose Krakow was that I knew it would be less crowded and there'd be more opportunity to get away from the half wits in the stadium .

Another reason was that the train journey back to Amsterdam was always going to a nightmare .

Away matches have to well planned these days , I'm afraid . You have to avoid the morons on the one side and the smug , smart arse student types on the other ;)

i didnt have a space cake

gutted..

went all that way and didnt try the local delicases

we have to get the super (feyenoord) rovers song going at ewood

its unique :D

EDIT:

Photos are up, courtesy of my phone cam :(

www.footballawaydays.com

Edited by SAS

i didnt have a space cake

gutted..

went all that way and didnt try the local delicases

we have to get the super (feyenoord) rovers song going at ewood

its unique :D

EDIT:

Photos are up, courtesy of my phone cam :(

www.footballawaydays.com

Some good photos there, SAS. Agreed about the Feyenoord song - it was teriffic!!

what a fine bunch of supporters who ALL thoroughly enjoyed themselves. the beer was going down very well ;)

did anyone else get a decent view of Gabriels recently purchased plastic boobs ?

for any female wanting to know more, plastic boob surgery is half the cost in Amsterdam !!

Manchester Blue and I went back again this morning just to make sure. They were indeed still magnificent (and I am not talking about the pancakes).

I thought she told us that she got the job done back home in Venezuela? 1500 euros I seem to remember :) well worth the money ;)

seems like everyone really enjoyed the super (feyenoord) rovers tune, that second half was quality going ape to that!

i know copywright etc means we probably couldn't use it at ewood, but if there was any way we could, it needs doing!! Far better than the wild rover that they play now IMO :D

also, any of you boys around the red light district around 3-3.30 am after the game?

Savage, Bert & Pederson all came down the red light area, got sung at by rovers fans, but were more than happy to have pictures taken with the lads etc.

Have to say they were having a good gander at the women in the windows! :brfc:

I take it this was Thursday evening? Me and PKS went to Leider Plane for a few beers and one-or-two homosexual approaches (PKS being hit on [literally..] by a fellow Norwegian- worth the trip alone actually).

But by that time most of you lot were busy elsewhere it seems, and the few Brits we saw were watching that awful Ashes "sport"..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.