BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Feyenoord 0 Rovers 0

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that quite a lot for a fine? Well deserved, obviously..

It would be alot for a player, but not for a club and when you take into account that they were already on watch for their previous antics it doesn't go far enough.

Uefa Statement

They have now been put on final warning and anymore trouble will result in no fans for 2 games!

Edited by modes98

Hardly a punishment I feel. Its not an isolated incident is it?

They have already been made to play 1 game behind closed doors, this shows it didn't work.

I suggest if they were English the decision may have been a season or two banned. :o

Well i would have thought they would have taken into account not only the destruction of the nancy away end, but also the deverstation in the city itself.

Uefa will not get them under control until they hit them where it hurts and it doesn't bother the fans if the club gets a nominal fine!

It would be alot for a player, but not for a club and when you take into account that they were already on watch for their previous antics it doesn't go far enough.

Uefa Statement

They have now been put on final warning and anymore trouble will result in no fans for 2 games!

No mention at all of the assault on MGP. Oh well it's only a Blackburn Rovers player so that doesn't matter does it?

"They were also told they may have to play two European games behind closed doors if their fans are involved in further incidents.

Feyenoord have three days to appeal the latest fine. "

So, if Feyenoord fans riot again through another town / city in Europe - stop a game and throw missiles at opposition fans and police, then they may have to play a couple of home games behind closed doors.

This is a club with a big hooligan problem - they have already been made to play European games behind closed doors before - and yet are still in European competition despite continued problems - and they are told if it continues we may make you play at home without your fans.

What kind of message are UEFA sending?

ESPN

Feyenoord are "relieved" at their punishment.

I would suggest again that any English club with this problem would be barred from European competition - without any hesitation.

Good Evening,

I traveled with the official away travel to this fixture, on the return we were messed around and had a long delays.

I complained to the club and have since been rebuffed with the same false excuses.

As apparently I was one of only two people that complained about this, my argument is irrelevant.

If any rovers fans traveled and also felt aggrieved please PM me direct and I can use this.

If any others traveled by another coach trip, can you please send me details of your trip out of interest?

Thanks

Paul.

Good Evening,

I traveled with the official away travel to this fixture, on the return we were messed around and had a long delays.

I complained to the club and have since been rebuffed with the same false excuses.

As apparently I was one of only two people that complained about this, my argument is irrelevant.

If any rovers fans traveled and also felt aggrieved please PM me direct and I can use this.

If any others traveled by another coach trip, can you please send me details of your trip out of interest?

Thanks

Paul.

All the main Channel ports were closed due to the high winds if I remember correctly.

I don't think you have a leg to stand on, which is probably why only you and one other person have bothered to complain.

What do you expect Rovers / the coach drivers / the ferry company to do when it's too dangerous to sail a boat out of the harbour?

All the main Channel ports were closed due to the high winds if I remember correctly.

I don't think you have a leg to stand on, which is probably why only you and one other person have bothered to complain.

What do you expect Rovers / the coach drivers / the ferry company to do when it's too dangerous to sail a boat out of the harbour?

There is more to it that what I have put, I just felt the trip was badly run, we were misled and constantly lied to. An apology would have sufficed. But since the complaint more lies. Whether other people wish to accept this then fair enough. I have all the facts, and all sailings sailed that night.

Mr Roversmum and I were on the official trip and thoroughly enjoyed it. We didn't have any deadlines to meet though, so the delays didn't bother us.

I thoroughly enjoyed the trip, and had accounted for some delay, 2 maybe 3 hours, but 6+, just caused me a lot of problems, I raised the issue and have not had a satisfactory response "because I was one of two complainants" There was a lot of people complaining on the day, I listened to what had to be said and complained in writing afterwards.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Enjoyed the trip, here's some pluses and minuses -

Pluses :

Amsterdam - a wonderful city and I don't mean for the laddish elements

Torture museum - a fascinating experience

Public transport - amazing trains and so plush I had to check I was in 2nd class

The Dutch -very friendly & helpful people

Food - the Mexican meal on Wednesday evening was excellent

The drink - decent prices and good bars

The company - travelling with Glenn & smurf into Amsterdam, with Martin throughout and meeting friends in Rotterdam

The result - more than I could hope for and qualification for the next round!

Minuses :

Stadium facilities - I'd be ashamed to offer that level of facility on a park on a sunday morning. Absolutely apppalling.

Loutish Rovers fans - people can enjoy themselves however they like but when stoned out pillocks start sticking spliffs into the face of 70 year old ladies and not give a fig about it, or stand on seats in front of kids when there's noone in their line of sight for three rows then somethings wrong.

Stewarding prt 1- and people moan about English stewards? Jeez, these guys wouldn't know how to herd cattle let alone manage people. How can any sensible organisation not let you go into a top tier as it's 'full' but don't bother opening the bottom area?

Stewarding prt 2 - and they wonder why people get frustrated if they are kept in metal pens with no communication.

Stewarding prt 3 - recovering a ball which Toogs kicked into the crowd, clearly to keep themselves, from Martin on way out of ground.

It's funny and good to see that not only the Feyenoordsupporters have problems with the stewards in de Kuip. There are many problems with them, they should help people with they don't, they just try make the match-visit hard. They are trying to get you away from the games, and that's sad.

It's nice to see what you guys think of Rotterdam. It's a really different city from Amsterdam. Rotterdam is much more modern-architecture, because Rotterdam has been bombed till ground by Germans in WOII, it was the beginning of the war in Holland. Amsterdam was saved, and that's why you can visit the old buildings there nowadays. Rotterdam used to be like it. Rotterdam is changing. The first years after WOII were just about getting everything a bit straight again, now that's done the city is growning in to the sky's with lots of high buildings.

The Stadhuisplein in Rotterdam is nice place to go out, there are some famous clubs over there. It's in the middle of the city near the Lijnbaan.

• 3 weeks later...
I make it a year ago today that the HMS Rovers set sail from Hull for 3 days of madness in Rotterdam! Happy days...

What an absolute amazing trip that was...

Singing in the bar with loads of Blues - good times. I think I had the pleasure of meeting Tris on that voyage. Morning after I was definitely the roughest man on the ferry.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.