BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Feyenoord 0 Rovers 0

For those supporters staying at Europa92 hotel in Amsterdam, I have had a response from the hotel who are waiting with open arms to welcome supporters of BRFC.

From the airport you need to catch the train to central station cost in euro 3.50.

At central station catch tram 1, 2 or 5 for Leidseplein and the hotel is a mere 4 minute walk.

Similarly the cost of a taxi from the airport is 35 euros.

They are sending me some more information soon.

Thanks for that 1864, much appreciated ;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the airport you need to catch the train to central station cost in euro 3.50.

Strange it was 3.60 euro the other week. :P

Anyway if t/o queues, they have machines you can use for speed dotted about the place( they accept most cards) as cash was exact change only.

As already mentioned trains are regular from the Airport to 'The Dam' and from there to Rotterdam.

Will Posted Today, 13:19

The Grasshopper

Where about's is this - seem to vaguely recall it for some reason

The Grasshopper is pub over the road from teaser

mmmm .... possibly the one I mentioned above that I couldn't remember the name of then- could possibly explain why I just had the recall of the big metal grasshopper in the middle of the roof :P

The Grasshopper is pub over the road from teaser

sounds good to me :-d

definately not staying in rotterdam, back on the train to amsterdam thursday night for a wild one!

sounds like the trains in and out will be bouncing with roverites! :brfc:

are most people looking at staying in Rotterdam after the game?

We are, like you say, the last train could be missed, night in Rotterdam, then back to A'dam in the morning. Rovers will have to take over a few pubs.

I'm actually surprised that no one here knows the drummer personally, given the fact that he's always there for matches? I still haven't seen one post of defence for the man?

There are quite a few that do know him and several including myself have defended him as a person. I still dislike his drumming though.

They don't run all night - was just on the phone to the tour operator and he said it would be risky going back to the Dam after the match as good chance of missing the train so he suggested to stay in Rotterdam for the night.

£185 - Thursday morning flight to A'Dam, return Saturday night to London (including flight and train to R'Dam, 4* hotel) - seems a but steep?? Or maybe not...... online prices are £150.

Edited by John

They don't run all night - was just on the phone to the tour operator and he said it would be risky going back to the Dam after the match as good chance of missing the train so he suggested to stay in Rotterdam for the night.

£185 - Thursday morning flight to A'Dam, return Saturday night to London (including flight and train to R'Dam, 4* hotel) - seems a but steep?? Or maybe not...... online prices are £150.

John, if you use This site, it says trains run until well after midnight and regularly.

Tour operators / travel agents talk crap to get you to book what they want you to book.

There are trains from Rotterdam to Amsterdam at 2300, 2315, 2330, 0020, 0059 and then hourly through the night at xx59.

Should be ok for a game ending at half ten ...

Cheers guys - are most folk staying in Amsterdam then on the Thrusday? I assume people are just going to drink in the boozers there after the match? Has Rotterdam got much to it.

Looking online for deals now and probably going to stay both nights in the Dam....

Cheers guys - are most folk staying in Amsterdam then on the Thrusday? I assume people are just going to drink in the boozers there after the match? Has Rotterdam got much to it.

Looking online for deals now and probably going to stay both nights in the Dam....

Most people are staying in Amsterdam. The advice I have, is that Rotterdam can be a nasty place.

We booked thro' Octopus travel into the Europa 92 hotel.

I'm staying in rotterdam, not sure its a good idea now :lol: i'll find out in 6 week

This has been posted on roversmad message board- dont mean to alarm people but it is from a fan who went a couple of years ago and his advice may be welcomed?

"Guys

As a hearts fan I was a bit amused to see you got Basle & feyenoord (just like we did 2 years ago in the group stages).

If you're going to Basle you'll have a great time. Nice place , everyone is well chilled. Nothing like a game in England.

As for Feyenoord. I've been to games all over England & Europe but I've never seen anything like this scum.

We had a pub load of fans attacked (Rotterdam police are a joke) and various others stabbed & slashed - including young kids. Big Ben Pub will be a target again I think.

Rotterdam is not a place for the faint hearted - we stayed in the Holiday Inn and after the game the hotel locked the doors and we had a van load of riot police parked up for the most of the night.

If you're going there , go in large groups. It's not a safe place.

PS The trains out of the stadium are a disgrace : one to Rotterdam and one to Amsterdam (make yer choice , but get it right).

I suggest you stay in Amsredam and get the train in on the day. I wish I had.

Hope you shove it right up Feyenoord."

Nobody should be put off going by these idiots as following rovers away in europe is a fantastic experience :brfc:

I'm in Amsterdam on the Wednesday night and Rotterdam on the Thursday.

By pure fluke we have a business partner based in Rotterdam and I've agreed to go there first thing Friday morning (hope I'm not too hungover). My client doesn't see that Rotterdam is a problem for the majority of fans but does recommend you don't wear colours, especially if drunk...

Probably a bit like Sheffield or Millwall. But with Dutch people.

Just one last thing before I finalise my booking plans.... is there any chance at all we will sell out our ticket allocation for Feyenoord??

By that will I defiantely be able to get tickets for the match!! How does it work for Euro ties?

i would think rovers will sell out out our allocation-

i know 16 lads who pick and choose odd rovers games (a couple of them maybe go 2 home games a year, of that!) who are all booked on this one- none of them would even think about going salzburg or krakow.

They are all after tickets aswell- there is a large amount of interest in the feyenoord away game more than any other purely because

a- its cheapish to get too and plenty of options

b- its near amsterdam!

:brfc::rover:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.