Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool 1 - 1 Rovers

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know the best way to get to anfield by train

One option.

Get to Preston and take the train to Kirkdale via Ormskirk. ( You have to change to Merseyrail at Ormskirk but the train is waiting for you straightaway). 15 minute walk to Anfield with a few boozers on the way. No problem at all with it being ' rough'.

Edited by Wiggy

No station close by. Taxi or bus from Lpool Lime St (main, city centre station) or get the 'underground' from Lime St or Central up to Kirkdale and walk from there - about a mile. I've heard there are also buses from Sandhills station (the one before Kirkdale) to Anfield on match days but never used one meself.

I went a couple of years ago on the train and had no problems (and I was wearing my rovers shirt if i remember rightly). When you're at Lime Street there is a soccerbus which takes you straight to the ground and I think it cost £1 - drops you right outside the ground.

Anyone know if there is a Spoons near Lime Street station? Plan on going there then getting a bus to the ground. "Either the 17a 17b 17c or the 26 will drop you right outside the ground at a cost of about a £1. The buses are run by Arriva and the journey takes about 15 to 25 minutes dependant on traffic" - Taken from http://www.footballgroundguide.co.uk/

Bad news about Neill and Emerton - their flight was delayed yesterday and wont be home til this afternoon! So I doubt they'll play tomorrow!

oh no!!! :( Is Todd back from injury? if so he can play with Zurab with Ooijer on the right back..and the legendary Mickey 'Blue eye' Gray on the left...

It's becoming ludicrous that players are having to fly so far for midweek games and then expected to play on the Saturday. Benny Mac has the right idea!

Remember this time last year we were saying that we'd never win at OT...and we did.

Liverpool 1 Rovers 2

Edited by Somerset Rover!

Team news (bbc.co.uk)

Blackburn keeper Brad Friedel is doubtful after injuring his groin in the win over Wigan, so Jason Brown stands by for his first start.

Lucas Neill and Brett Emerton will have fitness checks. Steven Reid is out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackburn (from): Friedel, Neill, Khizanishvili, Tugay, Emerton, Savage, Bentley, Nonda, McCarthy, Pedersen, Mokoena, Jeffers, Gallagher, Ooijer, Brown, Gray, Peter, McEveley, Roberts.

Anyone going on the train be aware that there is a bus replacement from Euxton to Wigan. Anyone going from Chorley on the train, get a bus to Wigan first. Or indeed, we could get a taxi together and save time and costs. (Two of us going already from Chorley).

Anyone going on the train be aware that there is a bus replacement from Euxton to Wigan. Anyone going from Chorley on the train, get a bus to Wigan first. Or indeed, we could get a taxi together and save time and costs. (Two of us going already from Chorley).

From Chroley it would be quicker to get a cab to Croston and take the train from there to Kirkdale, changing at Ormskirk. Then it's about a mile walk past Goodison and through Stanley Park. I'll be driving to Town Green station and getting the train from there - only 16 minutes ride and trains every 15 minutes.

Also absolutely no problem for Rovers fans this way - there's always a few on the electric train from Ormskirk, often in home shirts.

after reading the bbc's site, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/5415806.stm

i'm even more optamistic. rovers will win- due to the law of averages, lawro predicting liverpool 2-0 and as clattenberg is the referee (he's the best we have).

The Reds 'doubled' Blackburn with two 1-0 victories last season, and are unbeaten in 11 League and Cup games against them since a 0-1 home defeat in the FA Cup in January 2000.

The 1-4 loss to Chelsea on 2 October is Liverpool's only defeat in 29 Premiership fixtures at Anfield.

ROVERS go into their 2,500th match in top flight football.

The current return of 11 points after seven matches, is Blackburn's best start since 14 points from the first seven were accrued in 1997.

Rovers have not beaten Liverpool in 15 Premiership games since a 3-0 victory at Ewood Park in November 1996, when Chris Sutton got a brace. Blackburn have not claimed maximum points in 10 Premiership trips to Anfield, since a 0-1 triumph on 12 September 1993 when Mike Newell got the winner.

I fear the Internationals could well cost us here re Emerton and Neill - them missing will mean an unstable defence.

Its on the cards as we all know - Bellamy scored mid week - first goal for his new club aaginst his former.

So 1 v 0 to the once we where famous brigade

does anybody have an idea of how many rovers fans we can expect tomorrow our following to liverpool has never been great especially because its only an hour and half away

i rang earlier, they said we have some left but not a vast amount and that was this morning at about 10:30

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.