BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What Is Your View Of The Worst Away Fixture?

This Season my view would be:

Worst Grounds & Facilities:

Pompski

Chorlton

Fulham

Worst Home Fans & Home Atmosphere:

W*nky Wanderers

Pie Men

Man Ure

Chelski

Boro?

City?

Journey:

Pompski

Watford

Chorlton

& One I'm looking forward to this year:

Reading (Just for a change)

Your views?

Palace has got to be up there - hard to get to/wooden seats/expensive ale etc

Pompey - at least I,ve been luckey enough not have been there when its been raining

Chelski- expensive!!!

Man Ure- the volume of people-packed trams etc

Villa-crap facilities/NO BEER!!

Turd Moor- Enough said

Chelsea got better since they moved the away support last year but Charlton and Palace have got terrible transport links and facilities.

Personally I hate Southampton's new stadium, no atmosphere at all.

having said that - sitting with the Longsiders at the last derby was about as bad as an away experience can get.

Plymouth.

Ardiles debut. Taken out by one Nicky Marker. We arrived at 3.30pm to see him stretchered off and then had our minibus trashed by Argyle psychopaths after the game, thereafter driving 306 miles with half the windows missing and forfeiting our deposit.

A great day out.

Oh and I think we lost, but that seems incidental.

Anyone else remember?

I hate the Villa - its the caged food kiosks that get me, the stupid rude stewards and the villa fans themselves. Also we keep losing and I get cold and wet.

However Everton for me is worse - crap ground, crap seats, no leg room and incompetant, insolent and very stupid stewards.

Portsmouth away midweek is a bit of ball ache, as is Cambridge, esp when it gets abandoned. Driving to Cambridge is like being on the road to nowhere, just a straight road with the occasional roundabout that leads to, erm, nowhere.

Well, Cambridge, obviously.

west ham is a decent trip, going down there, but trying to get home again afterwards is a royal pain in the arse. have to agree with others too, about palace being a ###### of a place to get to and from, 30+ quid to sit on wooden seats, what is going on. one of my fave trips is southampton, it is so easy to get to and very easy to get home after the match aswell. boro is a cracking trip...that boat outside the stadium is fantastic :blink:

how lucky some you lot are !

Anyone else recall Sealand Road ? The Vetch ? Gay Meadow ? Cold Blow Lane ?

Turd Moor before it grew two stands ? Bloomfield Road ? Gigg Lane ? Central Park ?

these are some of the top sh$tholes that have had the courtesy of hosting BRFC :brfc:

Portsmouth away midweek is a bit of ball ache, as is Cambridge, esp when it gets abandoned. Driving to Cambridge is like being on the road to nowhere, just a straight road with the occasional roundabout that leads to, erm, nowhere.

Well, Cambridge, obviously.

I went to the Cambridge game too. Well, I say I went, I took the train down and as the frost was so bad the train couldn't go at normal speed. I got into Cambridge half way through the 1st half and got into the ground 5 mins before half time. (The game was called off at half time!)

I generally enjoy all away trips and find most of the shortcomings of away grounds add a certain character. I must admit though I was less than impressed at White Hart Lane under Mr Hodge Podge's reign when they closed the upper tier bar after kick off and sent the staff home, leaving dry at half time whilst we could see the Spuds fans drinking along the stand.

As above, Goodison Park. As well as the stewards the police there are very annoying, filming the crowd from as close as possible.

Overall though the aren't many bad grounds to go to these days. Back in the eighties there was always the worry of getting caught up in fighting. Seem to remember the Victoria Ground (Stoke's old ground), Maine Road and Burnden Park as being dangerous places to go. Oh and Turf Moor in the Lancs Manx Cup was always interesting. You wouldn't be the only one to be surprised it was supposedly a friendly! :P

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Just to cheer you all up a bit (and I'm sure that you will all be cheered up no end by this post.)

I just love going to the City Of Manchester Stadium. Rather than my usual 60 mile round trip to Ewood I can set off at 14:30 after an enjoyable lunch, a glass of wine and a chat with Mr Natural, have a gentle cycle ride for a couple of miles, park up at their excellent facilities and enjoy the game.

On the way back I gently sway thought the gridlocked traffic and am home by 15:15 at the latest to post on here that the game was an absolute nightmare.

Isn't life wonderful?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.