BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

EDIT: If you haven't played the other MGS games, go and buy the three of them for a tenner somewhere. If you play MGS4 without playing the others, you'll still enjoy it, but the storyline won't make as much sense.

There are rumours that they are trying to get them on the PSN.

So, who is getting Metal Gear Solid? After playing the Online Beta and watching Kojima talking about it, I'm completely sold.

EDIT: If you haven't played the other MGS games, go and buy the three of them for a tenner somewhere. If you play MGS4 without playing the others, you'll still enjoy it, but the storyline won't make as much sense.

MGS, storyline and sense.

Now there are three words you'd never think you'd see in the same sentence.

Prince of Persia - click

Above is the new Prince of Persia trailer now. It confuses me because from what I understand its not going to look like this at all but will have the kind of Street Fighter 4/Okami painting type graphics (which I have never really liked) From the trailer though we can see that you will be able to play as a girl with some sort of powers. The prince has a claw that enables him to scale building easier than before - from what I have been reading it will be Assasins Creed on speed.

For those that are fans of the Prince of Persia series like me might be interested to know that there is a film being made and apparently Jake Gillinghall (have probably spelt that wrong but the Donni Darko bloke) will play the prince

Prince of Persia - click

Above is the new Prince of Persia trailer now. It confuses me because from what I understand its not going to look like this at all but will have the kind of Street Fighter 4/Okami painting type graphics (which I have never really liked) From the trailer though we can see that you will be able to play as a girl with some sort of powers. The prince has a claw that enables him to scale building easier than before - from what I have been reading it will be Assasins Creed on speed.

I went to that announcement! Just got back last night. The female character is controlled by the computer, they didn't say anything about letting you play as her.

The best game they showed was Far Cry 2. It looks brilliant - you can sneak up on villages and camps, let rip with a machine gun and blow it all to splinters. Set a fire in the grass downwind and watch it take hold and blaze through the buildings. They had it on PS3, Xbox and PC. Equally nice on all formats, which makes a change.

If you own a PSP God of War is a must buy. Very good game.

Portable God of War would be awesome - I just cant justify buying a psp because I wouldn't get the use that it deserved.

I loved God of War I and II on PS2. Cant wait to see what they have in store for the PS3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
PS - Any one got any details on the upcoming PS3 footy games (Pro Evo and Fifa) or maybe LMA Manager??

I am going to ask for this question to be moved to the new games thread if thats ok as the footy games should be discussed on all the formats.

While like every year the footy games will eventually deserve their own threads lets just start in here while the details are sketchy:-

Pro Evo - not many details out at all at the moment but their head bloke (Seabass or something) said last year not to hope for too much. I doubt they will have changed much - I just hope that they have fixed the awful frame rate issues.

FIFA - Again this one sounds tasty. They are going a bit further with the Be A Pro and instead of just playing one game with it you can play a few seasons with your single man building him up from lower leagues to the prem. They have also tweeked it so that the players dont take so long to get the ball under control before they are away. It wont be as fast as the Euro 08 game but it will be quicker than the last fifa. They are also promising some surpise for online but thats under wraps at the moment. There is also a rumour that what you get on PS3 and 360 may be different in some way but nothing yet confirmed.

LMA - As far as I know there are no plans for an update.

Got top-spin 3 yesterday - very difficult game! Still trying to get the hang of it.

Yeah, its seems like you have to concentrate more unlike Virtua Tennis 3 (which I absolutely loved by the way - shame the PS3 version didn't have online or I would still have it)

It just seems that in the top spin one you cant just hold down the shot button and your man will automatically go for it - you have to get your timing right

I love the little things though and I love the way your little bod sweats more as the game goes on - not that I like sweaty men you understand :blush:

Yeah, its seems like you have to concentrate more unlike Virtua Tennis 3 (which I absolutely loved by the way - shame the PS3 version didn't have online or I would still have it)

It just seems that in the top spin one you cant just hold down the shot button and your man will automatically go for it - you have to get your timing right

I love the little things though and I love the way your little bod sweats more as the game goes on - not that I like sweaty men you understand :blush:

Anyone figured out how to get a fast serve in. Ive tried with Nadal and Roddick but I can't serve more than 90mph. If i do it's always a fault!!!

Jeez, that's some cold s*** right there man.

Specially the first "strategy" shown in that video.

Wow.

Well from reading other things if you check which way the wind is blowing you can see your targets in a small village and start a fire from far out. The wind will take the fire towards the village and burn them out. Apparently though if the wind changes if will come back for you.

You can also shoot trees. Right down to individual branches.

• 2 weeks later...