BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

I'm buying Far Cry 2 after work today, a mate of mine said that its an awesome game. He pre-ordered it from game online and it came yesterday.

He said that the graphics are so realistic, you actually feel as though you are in the game. I've looked at some of the interviews on game trailers and it does look superb.

There is also a map editor on multiplayer, so that should be and endless amount of fun playing other peoples maps etc.

My mate also told me that its a very tactical game (Not run and gun like COD4.)

There is also private matches so clan games can be played.

Far Cry 2 -

This game is stunning, the realism and attention to detail is unrivaled. I'd compare it to a FPS version of Uncharted Drakes Fortune in terms of visual qualities.

The story mode is very much under your control, you decide were to go, what mission to do next & who to work for. The maps are quite big but it feels a pleasure driving around it due to the realism of the environment. I was walking through some savannah grass when a gazielle spots me and runs away.

Weapons are realistic and jam over time if they get rusty, when shot you can heal yourself by pressing L2, your character will remove a bullet / piece of shrapnel from his limb. As he does this blood, spurts out (its very graphic,) there are a number of ways in which he heals himself, he bites a bullet out his arm, uses pliers to pull bullets out, pats out fire etc.

Multiplayer is very fun and a number of user created maps are already available, I had a go at creating my own map which is like a game in itself. The multiplayer is a lot slower than COD4 and there isn't as many game modes but the maps are bigger.

Verdict = Definate purchase for me.

Edited by 4ever&ever

No probs mate, you will love it, the only thing for me is the slowness but you get used to that pretty quick, its similar to BFBC in that aspect. Its pretty realistic during battles though and you can revive team mates although the enemy will be watching the casualty to take you out also.

The only thing missing is a search & destroy mode.

The game is huge, I've not really been concentrating on the story line as I've been doing missions for the arms dealers so I can unlock better weapons. I also know some codes for extra side missions (will post them here this week.)

I've just published my 1st multiplayer map (savannah overgrown) please down load it and let me know what you think. Its a big map but there are plenty of interesting places as well as a handglider.

The multiplayer is great fun but not as smooth and fast as COD4 (will any game be?), the real reason to buy this game is for the single player or the map editor.

My only complaint, after being on it for about two hours, is that there is no HUD and when getting shot at it can be very hard to spot the enemy in the jungle environment. So you'll end up getting shot up having no idea where the enemy is or how many are coming at you. Also, the map system may be novel, but there could have been an easier waypoint system considering the huge game world and the amount of traveling you have to do to complete missions.

I enjoyed the LBP beta but never got to play as much as I wanted on it.

I've pre-ordered it though.

I quite like the fact there is no map on the multiplayer on Farcry, as it means you have to be vigilante and careful on your approach to the enemy.

I agree that the map is huge, however making use of the free transport (buses) gets you around the map very quick as well as offering save points.

Edited by 4ever&ever

Just ordered Bioshock. The demo was stunning and I am not one for the first person stuff as a rule. The PS3 sure is changing my mind about that though what with Resistance and CoD4 both on my completed and enjoyed list!

Managed to get Civilization Revolution for under £20 which for me is a bargain - plays like a lite version of the PC game.

Oh and if Fallout 3 is like Oblivion - I am so there!

(Which I am sure will not surprise you, Cocker!)

Edited by Wolverine