BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

my new PC's turned up - its very shiny and new.

Vista's awfully pretty

Oh dear. Friend of mine is having nothing but trouble with Vista. Going to avoid like the plague until some decent dx10 cards turn up and the drivers stabalise.

Whats spec is the new baby anyway, cant see you buying anything but a monster! :rover:

• 3 weeks later...

OK, of the new games I strongly recommend that everyone avoids the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game. Got it on the 360 and it has just got my pappest game of the year award.

I also played the demo od Command and Conquer 3 on the PC over the weekend. Wow that takes me back. Nothing startling but and very very good game.

OK, of the new games I strongly recommend that everyone avoids the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game. Got it on the 360 and it has just got my pappest game of the year award.

Really :huh: I was really looking forward to that one. Why was it so bad? I thought it was kind a like Prince of Persia but with Turtles? oh well, just have to make do with God of War II which I have on pre-order - EVERYONE WHO HAS A PS2 MUST BUY IT - YOU WONT BE LET DOWN

Also, picked up The Warriors and Just Cause at the weekend - £10 each. Not had chance to play either yet though :angry:

Edited by Cocker

I've heard that the fighting is much too easy and the camera angles can be annoying.

Well, if its like the first one then I dont care. Had no problem (with the first one) with the camera and the fighting was a little easy but much much fun was had.

EDIT: Actually Eddie, what game are you talking about? I think I have got mixed up here between God of War and TMNT so ignore me :ph34r:

Edited by Cocker

Ok, for some of us without the next gen machines:-

I have been playing The Warriors and Just Cause - picked them up cheap but had heard good things

Just cause, sand box game like GTA but with less physics - the guy go fly right up in the air and relase a parachute. The vehicles are not as good to handle as GTA.

Cant say I am overly impressed however, if you want a cheap game and a bit of a mess around in an open world then I would reccomend it.

The Warriors. A remake of the old film. There are two really annoying things about this one. First, you go round in a pack and there can be about 5 of your mates with you however, they always get in your way when you are fighting with someone and with out wanting too, you always get in their way too.

Also, the camera is all over the place at times. Your trying to find your guy to fight and the camera is whizing around all over the shop.

I have been playing it now for about 3 hours and to be honest, I havent done much but it is a game that you can pick up and play anytime. Kind of like streets of rage for the ps2. Pick it up and bash those buttons.

If your looking for a couple of games that are cheap and will pass the time then get these but I confirm, they arnt great.

I don't really know. I played the demo on a AMD 4600 X2, 1.5GB Ram and an nvidia 6800 so I wouldn't say it was that powerful. The game didn't look that much of an upgrade to the original C&C's so I don't see why it would need that much power (apart from for sloppy programming).

I don't really know. I played the demo on a AMD 4600 X2, 1.5GB Ram and an nvidia 6800 so I wouldn't say it was that powerful. The game didn't look that much of an upgrade to the original C&C's so I don't see why it would need that much power (apart from for sloppy programming).

Sounds good. I will give the demo a razz then when I get chance :tu: