BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

For anyone with a DS and a sense of humour, I can recommend WarioWare DIY. Pretty much anyone can make some really funny little minigames with just a few clicks and some (basic) drawing ability.

Here's some movie parodies I made earlier:

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone got the red dead redemption yet? Not sure when it's out - looks pretty cool though.

released today. It's like Marmite, you either love it or hate it, I love it. Its GTA meets Western

Guest Kamy100

I picked it up and LOVE IT. Love the atmosphere and am about 3 hours into it. There are lots of different types of missions and just cool exploring the huge open world that Rockstar has created. It does have the GTA vibe but because the story is so different it not comparable. I have the 360 version and graphically it looks great.

Yep - picked it up myself over the weekend - it's pretty much GTA in the wild west but has plenty of differences - atmosphere is brilliant - favourite game so far this year and a nice break from Fifa.

I'm about 3 hours in at the moment and still don't fell like I've scratch the surface yet - controls can be a bit fiddly at times - any tips on how to tame the horses once yuo get on their back, not quite sure when to move my stick left right etc.

• Like 1

Guest Kamy100

It is set in 1911, you are a former outlaw, you have retired from that world and just want to become a farmer. You have been told by law enforcement and someone who is running for Mayor that you must go back to your outlaw days in take out your former gang, otherwise your wife and kid will be killed.

Saw you go back to Austin and track down your former outlaw "brother", try to talk to him but he shoots you and leaves you for dead. You are rescued and the point of the game is to meet different people for whom you do tasks, these contacts in return will help you get to the outlaws and you can take them out.

That is a very simplistic version of the narrative of the game. It is a bit like GTA but in the wild west, the main storyline will probably take 30 odd hours to complete, but there are about 50 hours of side missions that you can do, these do not impact on the story, so you can do them as you go along or come back to them after you have completed the game. Then there is the online which is insane, you can free roam the whole area of the game, so you can just ride and look at whatever other people are doing, or you can form up a gang, if yu prefer there are also death matches, team death matches and capture the flags, all again are very well done. Rockstar are also going to release so free co-op missions.

I am about 5 hours into the game and love it, the graphics and gameplay are superb, the voice acting is excellent (some of it upto movie quality). I would recommend that you try this game. Rent it from Blockbuster, am sure that you will like it, it does require a bit of a time commitment to play the game but it is well worth it.

Edited by Kamy100

Briefly Hughesy, you play a cowboy bad ass with a criminal past who decided he wanted to change his ways and settle down to the family life. From what I know, the government have kidnapped his wife and young daughter and are holding them to ransom – basically he’s been forced to hunt down the gang members who he used to run with, people who he once considered his brothers . That could be any Saturday afternoon cowboy matinee story of course, but as you’d expect from Rockstar the character is very believable and extremely well thought through which means that you warm to him very quickly.

The gameworld, as you would expect, is huge and a la GTA you are free to explore as you see fit, although the main plot flows along nicely and even the side quests all feel part of the game world and are worth doing as they are varied and fun (unlike GTA on many an occasion). You also make decisions based on how you want your character to pan out, doing the “right thing” on a quest gives you honour and fame which means that if you commit a crime (like robbing someone at gunpoint) and someone sees you (be it a citizen or a lawman), they are more likely to turn a blind eye if your honour is high. There are also jobs and games you can play such as texas hold em and they are actually worth doing this time for two reasons. A: They are bloody good fun (I played texas hold em for an hour and a half) and B: Sometimes it’s worth a gamble as money seems to be harder to accumulate this time round.

There are many similarities to GTA of course as I can’t stop mentioning it, yet it all feels very unique and fresh. The detail is incredible – when travelling between towns you might see a guy being chased down by a pack of coyotes for instance – loads of little things like that happening all bring the game to life. A cynic would say it is just GTA but in the wild west, I would reply by saying when it’s this good, whats the problem?

I got the PS3 version of red dead - only played a bit and very good so far. Haven't done too much, I bought a map that didn't seem to do too much. Need to go and find some flowers for some old geezer as a start.

HA! HA! You'll enjoy that one when you finish it, typical Rockstar humour and pays homage to a certain movie I won't mention.

I think RDR will go down as the game of the year - you heard it here first! Only played 3 hours and still feel like there is tons more left to do, love how you go round hunting coyotes and deers, and skinning them, them selling the stuff you got from the animal

BTW- bought the special edition

I think RDR will go down as the game of the year - you heard it here first! Only played 3 hours and still feel like there is tons more left to do, love how you go round hunting coyotes and deers, and skinning them, them selling the stuff you got from the animal

BTW- bought the special edition

What do you get extra in the special edition?