BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

Now complete it in realistic mode.

I hear you mate. Thats the reason its not been traded in although I feel I wont get very far because you can be killed with one hit cant you? - which I reckon is impossible to do as some of the levels there is no way you cant be hit at least once.

I hear you mate. Thats the reason its not been traded in although I feel I wont get very far because you can be killed with one hit cant you? - which I reckon is impossible to do as some of the levels there is no way you cant be hit at least once.

It's extremely difficult and will have you pulling your hair out as the slightest error means you're dead. However my point was the ending may not seem no cheap after you complete it.

Edit: Come to think of it, it's been a few months since I did it (on the 360) so I may be dreaming there's a different ending on realistic mode, but I think it's different anyway. Apologies if you work through it all and get the same crap ending you got before.

Edited by Jimmy Jupiter

It's extremely difficult and will have you pulling your hair out as the slightest error means you're dead. However my point was the ending may not seem no cheap after you complete it.

Edit: Come to think of it, it's been a few months since I did it (on the 360) so I may be dreaming there's a different ending on realistic mode, but I think it's different anyway. Apologies if you work through it all and get the same crap ending you got before.

So did you complete it on realistic mode then? If so you must know if the ending is different?

I did it on realistic so I could get the achievement points, and there's no difference in the ending. I wasn't disappointed with it. I mean, would it have been a better game if they all had a massive party to celebrate beating the enemy, like in Star Wars?

Anyway, it's really a multiplayer game. Come for the missions, stay for the online matches.

Fair enough. Like I say, I wont be taking it back because it is a quality game and I will have a crack on realistic anyway - but still upset with the end of it

Can you do co-op mode on the ps3 version? that's always good for a giggle and to extend the life of the game.

Back to Rainbow 6.

I have played it online before but had some idiots in the room so it spoilt it before. Tonight however I got very lucky. There was a room with 8 people in (4 on each side) and we were playing the one where you pick up the canister and take it to the lock box. Spent two hours on it. All the people on the team were working together - everyone talking. I had the canister and there was a guy in front of my picking out oncomers and then a bloke said "I have your back" the last guy was flanking all around. They would say "watch out for the guy behind the wall in front" and then we would all spread out to pick him out. This is how I wanted the online shooters to play - enjoyed it very much so it definitely wont be getting traded in - hopefully have some more serious people to play in future.

I seem to remember a cartoony and daft football game on the NES that let you play as just one player. The two-player mode was really good and i'd always hoped another more serious football game would be released with this option. 20 years on they finally do it.

I dont know about the NES but there was one called Libro Grande that let you control one player (we have talked about this game before)

It will be very interesting to see how they are going to do it. Its a nice idea but its getting it through that will be interesting. What I am wondering is when you go online can you be just 1 player and 10 other people control the rest - that would be mental

I was quite excited when I thought this was going to be a one player career mode like they do in various other sports games, but now that it appears that it simply allows you to take control of a single existing player I find it less interesting.

Just completed Splinter Cell: Double Agent (though it isn't technically a 'new' game). I thought it was good but I'm still gobsmacked that the developers have, after four attempts now, failed to iron out the kinks that have plagued the Splinter Cell series. From the sterile, crappy enemy AI to the pyro-effects straight from the PS2 and annoying first person view when holding a weapon, one would think that a platform as powerful as the 360 would support slicker, more innovative gameplay (which it clearly does with other titles).

I also finished Lost Planet: Extreme Conitions last night and while it was possibly the best looking game I've ever played (indeed the graphics blow even Gears of War out of the water) it left me strangely cold (excuse the pun). In addition to the visuals, the gameplay is enjoyable but the plot makes no sense whatsoever. Thus you are simply playing a series of levels and missions without any idea why and consequently it becomes quite boring about half way through. Oh and the final boss is ridiculously difficult to defeat.

Still, Halo 3 is out next month...

Edited by Rovermatt

Just completed Splinter Cell: Double Agent (though it isn't technically a 'new' game). I thought it was good but I'm still gobsmacked that the developers have, after four attempts now, failed to iron out the kinks that have plagued the Splinter Cell series. From the sterile, crappy enemy AI to the pyro-effects straight from the PS2 and annoying first person view when holding a weapon, one would think that a platform as powerful as the 360 would support slicker, more innovative gameplay (which it clearly does with other titles).

You should keep an eye out for the next Splinter Cell, currently in development. Check out a few games sites for news on it, looks very interesting indeed.

I really enjoyed SC:DA, had a lot of fun with it and found it challenging enough. Decent game online too.

Bioshock - game of the year!

I've watched a fair bit of it at work, despite not wanting to spoil the surprise, and it's spectacular. Best graphics I've ever seen, really creepy plot, loads of ways to approach fights, sub-quest where you take photos of the creatures you encounter (and kill).

August 24th, I think. I'll be taking time off for that one.

I also finished Lost Planet: Extreme Conitions last night and while it was possibly the best looking game I've ever played (indeed the graphics blow even Gears of War out of the water) it left me strangely cold (excuse the pun). In addition to the visuals, the gameplay is enjoyable but the plot makes no sense whatsoever. Thus you are simply playing a series of levels and missions without any idea why and consequently it becomes quite boring about half way through. Oh and the final boss is ridiculously difficult to defeat.

Still, Halo 3 is out next month...

Agreed. It is a game that just doesn't quite do it, although I haven't finished it yet as I don't really feel like putting in the effort.

Has anybody played The Elder Scrolls on the X-box 360? I get very bored with shoot em ups and platform games and fancy something a bit different.

Speak to Wolverine who plays it on PS3 and seems to love it. Will be pretty much the same game really

The should be a review of it on the gametrailers website which should answer all of your questions about it :tu:

Actually, found it - Click

Edited by Cocker

Agreed. It is a game that just doesn't quite do it, although I haven't finished it yet as I don't really feel like putting in the effort.

I was very impressed in the prologue where you have to flee through the warehouse with the massive Akrid chasing you but after that it began to sag. As I say, the graphics are astounding but everything else is a little flat. Another massive flaw is the lack of save-points throughout the enormous levels. If you've had enough of failing at one particularly difficult juncture or your 360 decides it can't read the disk anymore, you have to start all over from the beginning.

On another note, I've just started playing Call of Duty 3 and I'm hugely pleased with it-fast paced, chaotic and visually stunning.

Edited by Rovermatt

Has anybody played The Elder Scrolls on the X-box 360? I get very bored with shoot em ups and platform games and fancy something a bit different.

Yup, I got it when I got the console a year and a bit ago and I'm still playing it (on and off) and I'm still no where near done with it. There's hours and hours of gameplay in it and that's not counting the expansion packs you can download through marketplace. I haven't even got to those yet, but I probably will. If you want something a bit different, go for it. It's a very enjoyable game.