BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

I'm flat out on PES 2020. Hadn't played a football game since Fifa 2017 and Pro evo in over 10 years. One of the best football games ever IMO. The players actually feel like their stats matter as opposed to some just being faster that others. Picked it up for €5.99 about a month ago! I highly recommend it. Just give it time. 

• Backroom
On 29/07/2020 at 16:49, Bigdoggsteel said:

I tried 9 again too, the text conversations feel endless. Gave up after 30 min. 

This is generally my experience as well. I really want to like FFIX as it gets a lot of love in the FF community, but it bores me more than any other FF game I've played. 6 starts with a brainwashed Terra and two soldiers finding a strange crystal in an underground mine, 7 starts with you terrorist f'n bombing an energy reactor, 8 has that awesome opening with Squall & Seifer fighting and you're quickly onto the SeeD field exam which is action-packed and loads of fun. 

9 has a lot of text and then you're controlling some sad sack running around with a little kid trying to buy a ticket to some show. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
On 29/07/2020 at 16:52, Bigdoggsteel said:

Get the PS 4. Reasonably cheap now with an amazing games catalog. The PS5 will prob take a few years to get going , as they always tend to do.  

I tend to agree. It's a great time to get a PS4 as it has an immeasurable back catalogue which blows any other console in history out of the water - and a VR headset which is affordable and mind-blowing. The console is cheap now and it'll obviously continue to get cheaper, especially when the PS5 comes out. PS4 will continue to be the ultimate console to own for the foreseeable future imo, at least 2-3 years after the PS5 is released. I very much doubt I'll be getting a PS5 until either Persona 6 is released on it or they release a new VR headset specifically for it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2020 at 20:41, RoverDom said:

Been about 6 or 7 years since I last played one but I've been really tempted to jump back into the football manager games. Time has moved on since I last did PC gaming, what is the crack now for getting games on a laptop with no disk drive? 

I looked on steam and FM20 is 40 quid which is a bit steep, can you get them cheaper elsewhere (legitimately)?

It is currently 66% off at the moment until the 17th

Got back into Persona 5 and cleared the bank. I like the gameplay loop. Very unforgiving at times,but think I'm on top of it now. 

Nearly broke me last night though. I opened the elevator with access to the boss room, but instead of accepting Morgana's suggestion to return to near the save room, I said no explore more,thinking all the enemies would still be dead. They weren't and I had no HP or SP items, along with no SP. Took me ages to even open the lift, so to have to go back through the area again in reverse was pretty tense. 

That boss was something else though. Took me 3 goes to beat him. Looking forward to seeing what's next. 36 hours in now. 

• Backroom

As soon as I was able I got the HP/SP auto-recovery items from the doctor's clinic. When equipped they give you back decent amounts of HP/SP per turn in battle - and if you fuse your Personas smartly you can have them also give you back HP/SP in battle. Basically meant I rarely had to use actual recovery items until near the end of the game when fighting the more difficult bosses. 

From memory the next palace is a lot of fun, the one after that is arguably the most difficult in the game, and the last two are also really enjoyable. 

As an aside I received my latest mini console from Japan today, the PC Engine mini.

NdDnUh5.jpg

Yih7wzk.jpg

Considering I only ordered it on Monday evening I'm very impressed by the fast delivery time - I expected it to take at least a week or two.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2020 at 13:41, RoverDom said:

Been about 6 or 7 years since I last played one but I've been really tempted to jump back into the football manager games. Time has moved on since I last did PC gaming, what is the crack now for getting games on a laptop with no disk drive? 

I looked on steam and FM20 is 40 quid which is a bit steep, can you get them cheaper elsewhere (legitimately)?

Pretty sure it is heavily discounted at the moment, 66% off? Plus you get a lot of game play for your money.

I got Rovers promoted first season, cleared out those on big wages and have settled as a very competitive Champions League(ish) side over the next 4 seasons.  Good times are back!

33 minutes ago, JPTSwindon said:

Pretty sure it is heavily discounted at the moment, 66% off? Plus you get a lot of game play for your money.

I got Rovers promoted first season, cleared out those on big wages and have settled as a very competitive Champions League(ish) side over the next 4 seasons.  Good times are back!

I seem to have bought it bang inbetween two sales so paid full price. 

I started off decent but it went down hill after that. Now I've got back in the groove I might start again afresh. One thing that bugged me, I just couldn't get a decent performance out of Dack. Got the odd goal and assist but rarely hitting 7 or above in a match. 

On 10/09/2020 at 22:18, RoverDom said:

I seem to have bought it bang inbetween two sales so paid full price. 

I started off decent but it went down hill after that. Now I've got back in the groove I might start again afresh. One thing that bugged me, I just couldn't get a decent performance out of Dack. Got the odd goal and assist but rarely hitting 7 or above in a match. 

Same, I stuck with Dack for 3 seasons, but never set the world on fire - sold to Rangers.

4-2-3-1 - Positive.

Armstrong was good, but often injured.

Travis was good, but always sent off.

Rothwell great in the Championship.

Tosin and Walton I signed permanently when we went up, though then dropped Walton for Jack Butland.

Buckley and Tosin still with me in my 4th season.

Key is to (quickly) off load the high wage squad players like Graham, Gallagher etc, plenty of capable youth players who can step in when needed. 

• 3 weeks later...

@JoeH are you responsible for Fifa 21 for the Rovers side of it? Guessing you are the man to ask if so.

Apologies if not, but saw on twitter that Rovers dont have Ayala or the kit sponsor this year, any idea if that will be fixed by release next week? 

I think some crazy folk pay extra for early release (and Ultimate team packs) so they discovered it.

Edited by roversfan99

Just now, roversfan99 said:

@JoeH are you responsible for Fifa 21 for the Rovers side of it? Guessing you are the man to ask if so.

Apologies if not, but saw on twitter that Rovers dont have Ayala or the kit sponsor this year, any idea if that will be fixed by release next week? 

I think some crazy folk pay extra for early release (and Ultimate team packs) so they discovered it.

Yes, I am the offline data editor for Rovers, Barrow, Hull and Millwall.

Recoverite logo will be in the game within an update or two, it was a late release and just hadn't been put into the game. Not one that's in my control to be honest but I've raised it with the producers.

Ayala is in the team now, people just have to find the squad update section and download latest teams etc..

Just now, JoeH said:

Yes, I am the offline data editor for Rovers, Barrow, Hull and Millwall.

Recoverite logo will be in the game within an update or two, it was a late release and just hadn't been put into the game. Not one that's in my control to be honest but I've raised it with the producers.

Ayala is in the team now, people just have to find the squad update section and download latest teams etc..

Thanks for the quick response ?

Do you think there will be a patch on release date with the sponsor and up to date transfers or after that?

I only play online to be fair, mainly ultimate team, and will be getting it on release.

Edited by roversfan99

Thanks for the quick response ?

Do you think there will be a patch on release date with the sponsor and up to date transfers or after that?

There'll be weekly squad updates until May 2021, so any new transfer will be added in. Recoverite logo will be as and when with one of the many initial game updates that will come out I'd imagine

Just now, JoeH said:

There'll be weekly squad updates until May 2021, so any new transfer will be added in. Recoverite logo will be as and when with one of the many initial game updates that will come out I'd imagine

Thanks. Hopefully next Friday, the game will be updated with the correct kit, failing that, soon after.

Have you played the game? I am not expecting much to have changed due to the pandemic etc, surprised its coming out next week.

Thanks. Hopefully next Friday, the game will be updated with the correct kit, failing that, soon after.

Have you played the game? I am not expecting much to have changed due to the pandemic etc, surprised its coming out next week.

Yeah I've had access to an early build for a week or two and then yesterday I did play the full release on EA Play's 10 hour trial. It's a bit different, much more of a passing game. They've massively re-vamped crossing, heading is still very poor though

Just now, Madon said:

@JoeH I've been keen and got the early release... Why is Blackburns Messi, Tyrhys Dolan not on ultimate team?! ?

I know. Gutting. Unfortunately I've no access or control over the live data, as a member of the offline data team. Dolan is however a part of our team now for all other game modes.

Stefan Mols and Louie Annesley have also seen inclusions in FUT over Carter and Magloire who actually have first team game time, but this in my opinion is purely about getting a Spanish and Gibraltar player in packs from random leagues like ours.

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is Dolan on normal online seasons?

And @Madon what do you think of the game?

I'm pretty sure he is but don't quote me on it, he was definitely on the kick off mode when I had a look but I suppose that is an offline section of the game.

So far so good for me but only played for an hour and that was on Ultimate Team. I like how you can manage more aspects of your stadium and they have sacked player fitness off so you don't have to keep adding fitness cards to players.

• Like 1

Just now, Madon said:

I'm pretty sure he is but don't quote me on it, he was definitely on the kick off mode when I had a look but I suppose that is an offline section of the game.

So far so good for me but only played for an hour and that was on Ultimate Team. I like how you can manage more aspects of your stadium and they have sacked player fitness off so you don't have to keep adding fitness cards to players.

Im guessing that he would be of a low rating anyway to be fair. What rating is Ayala?

I always went down the route of alternating 2 teams from 2 different leagues to avoid needing fitness cards.

That is good that they are no longer needed although I did naturally build 2 on the web app anyway. But I can actually use subs now properly.

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is Dolan on normal online seasons?

And @Madon what do you think of the game?

Yes Dolan is available in online seasons, currently boosted to 68 with "live form" on kick off and seasons.