BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I'll bet! 

Fair play if you managed to get through the whole game in VR. I think my nerves would be shredded after 5mins 😂

I managed it but wouldn't say I enjoyed it 😅 Half Life Alyx is about my limit as far as enjoying 'scary' VR games!

13 hours ago, davulsukur said:

I'll bet! 

Fair play if you managed to get through the whole game in VR. I think my nerves would be shredded after 5mins 😂

Have you been to the Birthday Party yet? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom
7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Also, @DE. If you didn't throw your VR headset out of the window when you saw that clown in that chair, you've got some serious stones my man.

The only reason I didn't was because I'd already played the game normally, so I knew what was coming. With that said a lot of parts were still incredibly creepy and uneasy even knowing what was coming. There were also some smaller scares I'd forgotten! 

Just saw the Paranormal Activity VR game is on sale on Steam for £5... will be good for a night when I really don't want to sleep. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DE. said:

The only reason I didn't was because I'd already played the game normally, so I knew what was coming. With that said a lot of parts were still incredibly creepy and uneasy even knowing what was coming. There were also some smaller scares I'd forgotten! 

Just saw the Paranormal Activity VR game is on sale on Steam for £5... will be good for a night when I really don't want to sleep. 

I notice that RE7 has a lot of background noises, like things being knocked over or sounds like a door opening/closing, which add to the tension when you know someone is walking around the house looking for you. 

You kinda get used to it but it must add alot to the VR experience.

• Backroom
32 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I notice that RE7 has a lot of background noises, like things being knocked over or sounds like a door opening/closing, which add to the tension when you know someone is walking around the house looking for you. 

You kinda get used to it but it must add alot to the VR experience.

It's not quite so bad if you've got the sound coming from the TV (depending on your setup obv) but if you've got earphones/headphones on with the 3D audio... terrifying! 

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Too scary for me

What's the clip in your avatar? 

Lol yeah, I can't say I really 'enjoyed' the game in VR... it was certainly an experience though.

The clip is from the original Japanese opening of Dragon Ball Z, Cha-La Head Cha-La. 

It's a pretty fun opening with some nice visuals - very different to the American version which was essentially just a rock track with lots of fighting being shown! Cultural differences I guess.

• Like 1

Finished RE7 earlier.

Really good game. Turns into a bit of a shoot fest towards the end with all those f***ed up things coming for you but I had plenty of ammo and a shit load of strong chems to make some more Enhanced handgun ammo. I'd also snared enough coins to grab the .44 mag as well, which helped alot.

Downside was, just as Chris Redfield introduced himself in the end scene, my wife and 4 year old came home so I had to turn it off and missed the bloody ending!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do any you lads or lasses know anything about games consoles? Thinking of getting a 2nd hand PlayStation 4 for nephews birthday. But if these things are obsolete now and useless then I’ll not bother.

I’m more of the vintage of the Commodore 64 playing trollie wallie and then the Amiga 500 playing lemmings and a 2D version of grand theft auto.

Totally out of my depth, the world of computer games has largely passed me by over the last 30 years. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/09/2021 at 12:38, chaddyrovers said:

Looking very forward to the launch of this game in November. 

Should be very interesting and exciting to play this game when release

I find it surprising there hasn't been a PS4 management game. I have had these on PC over the years, but I am gone cold turkey now, they take up too much time 

• Backroom

I think there are a couple of similar type games, but when they experimented CM/FM on consoles back in the day the uptake was poor. Better on portable consoles like the PSP/Vita but still tiny sales compared to PC. 

Personally for me FM is PC or nothing. Can't imagine playing it on a console unless I could plug a mouse and keyboard in, at which point I might as well just be playing it on PC. I haven't bought an FM since FM18 due to the time sink issue though. 

• Like 2

On 23/09/2021 at 18:28, Bigdoggsteel said:

I find it surprising there hasn't been a PS4 management game. I have had these on PC over the years, but I am gone cold turkey now, they take up too much time 

Absolutely the reason I gave them up a good 10 years ago. No other management games come close but this is a game that can end relationships lol. Give me something I can pick up and put down far easier and i'm happy enough. 

• Like 1

On 23/09/2021 at 11:28, Bigdoggsteel said:

Its the only game I played now on the PC. Yes it does take time up but thats the point for me of these types of games. 

Plus I can play this whilst watching live football on TV.

My ex hated me playing these sort of games cos it got more attention than she did

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2021 at 15:32, chaddyrovers said:

Its the only game I played now on the PC. Yes it does take time up but thats the point for me of these types of games. 

Plus I can play this whilst watching live football on TV.

My ex hated me playing these sort of games cos it got more attention than she did

I had FM 21 on the PC but then my daughter broke the laptop, so I play it on the XBOX. Not as good but still highly addictive. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

Does the battery have a plastic sticky cover on the connectors?

There is also this from a forum:

Thanks

Yes the laptop is charging fine but still wont switch on. The Currys tech support person has recommend that the product is faulty and a free replacement of product will happen