BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sushi Pookey(i Can Never Get His Name Right)

Dear Mr Hughes,

I have kept the receipt for Pookey or whatever his name is, Is their any Chance we could get our money back or swap him for Benni McCarthy. You have ripped us off, He reminds me of Akinbiyi or Adebola. The Chairman Simon Jordan had this to say to me"I have spent the last two seasons watching that pillock Dowie making the defence pump high balls to a miget.Now we are pumping high balls to a carthorse who just nods it down and loses it.Whats the point in that?

Please help before i get the tintac. :(

Dear Mr Hughes,

I have kept the receipt for Pookey or whatever his name is, Is their any Chance we could get our money back or swap him for Benni McCarthy. You have ripped us off, He reminds me of Akinbiyi or Adebola. The Chairman Simon Jordan had this to say to me"I have spent the last two seasons watching that pillock Dowie making the defence pump high balls to a miget.Now we are pumping high balls to a carthorse who just nods it down and loses it.Whats the point in that?

2.5m! :lol:

Dear Mr Hughes,

Please help before i get the tintac. :(

Sorry you don't like the goods; we supplied them in good faith, and we all loved him up here. Mind you, I never really thought he would be able to make the step down to a lower division, he really is a Prem league player! He did very well for us coming off the bench and scoring superb match-winning goals when all else had failed. Just a thought; maybe you are not using him right; he responds to kindness and maybe he is still missing us. Be nice to him and you will see the difference. ;)

I'd like to be able to say to you that it'll get better but I can't.

Just sounds all too familiar. Anyway, I'm not big on sympathising with Palace fans at the best of times, thanks for the 2.5mill bought us a slight improvement on Shefki in Benni McCarthy. Cheers.

Small consolation for the play offs but it's a start.

Give him a chance. You're obviously not playing to his strengths :P

Try using his lightening pace and first touch to better use. In fairness - although not a 2.5m player - if used right he should be a pretty good player in the championship.

Scowcroft and Kuqi up front? I think you can see what Taylor's philosophy is for Palace. Kuqi should score goals in the Champ but looking at your midfield, there appears to be a lack of creativity, which doesn't help.

Lack of creativity,They were clueless from where i was sitting last night.

There are too many teams trying to hoof their way out of the Championship. Tony Pulis and Micky Adams seem to have become role-models - which is worrying. Didn't Sheff Utd's promotion coincide with Warnock's belated realisation that passes that make contact with the ground aren't outside the rules of the game?

Edited by rover6

What strengths? All he does is;Runs around alot like a headless chicken,Always two yards of the pace,Waves his arms around a lot and is flat-footed................

Watch his flick ons. The only man in the world who can flick the ball on...for himself. Imagine him playing up front by himself and doing this. The blokes a genius...

He may be ungainly but give the lad a chance. He'll come good. He did a good job for us, albeit as a bit of a shock tactic at times. Seemed really popular in the dressing room, too.

And the celebration from his first home goal will be really worth the wait ! :P

Not sure about that. Could wreck the 'stadium'; it doesn't look very safe to start with :ph34r: although....................

I'll have you know, Mr PJ, that Shefki is a legend in these parts. You are obviously not giving him enough TLC. <_<

To be fair and getting real: Kuqi is NOT a footballer, but having said that if you give him time to settle and don't get on his back he WILL do a job for you. He will score goals - simple as!

When Rovers first signed him we were all very surprised that Mark Hughes had seen something in him that Souness obviously did not (he rejected Kuqi after a weeks trial with us). However all but a few of us Rovers fans grew to love the big guy for what he did for us on the pitch and for being such an easy-going and co-operative guy off the pitch. He never moaned about being an almost permanent sub on the bench, and when he did come on he gave the opposition defenders a nightmare, and very often gave us what we needed - a match winning goal. You just have to get used to playing with and fitting in with his limited skills. If you do that he will produce the goods. He can cross accurately and has a reasonable turn of speed down the wings. Defenders bounce off him and he can shoot and head well (sometimes).

Again when we signed him there was a mini-invasion of Ipswich fans on this site lamenting his departure, wishing him well, and telling us Rovers fans that we had got the bargain of the century, and how much they would miss his goals for them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.