BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sunday, Perpare To Be Invaded!

Yeah agreed, that's why [as someone else posted] this can only be judged after a lengthy period of cheaper tickets. We wont get that though.

Yes we will . It's inevitable - unless the powers that be are prepared to see sub 15,000 gates and maybe even sinking down toward the 10,000 level in the next few seasons or so .

The board have started to see sense now , it seems , but if you think they can go back to charging £34 I'll tell you they can't . It'll get to the stage ,for a variety of reasons we've all discussed before, when many of the prem clubs have to follow suit . Sky can't afford a situation where clubs play in front of empty grounds - bad for business if the game goes on a downward spiral of higher prices leading to lower crowds leading to higher prices to compensate for lost revenue .....etc

Rovers desperately need a good showing on Thursday - as I beleive that this would put a few more on Sunday's gate.

Wouldn't go amiss to get the commentators on channel 5 to mention that tickets for Sundays match are only £15 :D

Irrespective of the gate - I think you have to applaud the board for at least trying to do something positive to address the decline in attendances.

Regarding Sunday's Bolton game, this is quite a poignant match for me. After 30 years and 8 months, and a run of 617 consecutive home league games, stretching back to 21st Feb, 1976 (lost 3-0 to Portsmouth), I'm going to miss the Bolton game due to a weak moment last year when I agreed to a fortnight's holiday in Florida with the family. In October. During the footie season.

During this time, I've never missed a single league game due to holidays, work, illness, weddings, funerals or any other minor event.

I'm truly gutted. What was I thinking of??? :(

Regarding Sunday's Bolton game, this is quite a poignant match for me. After 30 years and 8 months, and a run of 617 consecutive home league games, stretching back to 21st Feb, 1976 (lost 3-0 to Portsmouth), I'm going to miss the Bolton game due to a weak moment last year when I agreed to a fortnight's holiday in Florida with the family. In October. During the footie season.

A weak moment from also. Something made me agree to attend my grandsons christening. :(

Well, the next home prem game is a cat A+ again.

JW upper central £39.

Unfortunately the Man U game is on Sky (well, not so unfortunate as the club gets plenty of dosh) so it will be hard to determine just how many decide to return. Being on Sky TV always seems to mean it has hard to predict the gates or what it would have been without the Sky cameras. On the plus side a Saturday evening kickoff should make for a great atmosphere.

Anyone remember that time we beat them 2-0 with a Shearer double at Ewood on a Saturday evening?

I haven't got a clue who we're playing but I predict a bad attendance . There'll be no more Cat A and A+ and B- etc , etc nonsense after this season . Mark my words :tu:

If any game should be top dollar it should be Man U, they at least will fill the away end whatever. They and Liverpool are the two best cases for the Cat A+ games.

I agree with the OP - the club can do no more with pricing for a local derby. It's not long ago that we'd get 22k home fans easily.

As for Bolton, is it a coincidence that their season turned around after the Panorama bung accusations? Perhaps BFS has been in a bad mood and the players are scared of making it worse by losing :D

Can't say I'm happy about the lower than expected attendances but the dropping gates are common at most clubs in the Premiership at the moment.

Lots of reasons -

Cost

Frequent changes to kick-off times and days

But most of all televised games. See how many pubs are showing the games live.

As for Bolton some of my neighbours are Whites (in Chorley, although born and bred on Highercroft), the old couple have been Wanderers season ticket holders for well in excess of 35 years. I use the past tense as they told me that they have chosen not to renew this season. Their reason? Not cost, not league position, but quote "The football they are playing at the Reebok is appalling and we shan't be going again until it changes" unquote.

I can guarantee that the game on Sunday will be the worst we see all season at Ewood, it always is against Bolton. They have an effective style but entertaining? Groan.

I will still be there because I bleed Blue 'n White but I will be pleasantly surprised if there is any passing, flowing football played. It will be a day for shin pads and cricked necks. Oh, and more than a few 'collapses' close to and in the Rovers box.

Its football but not as we know it. Thank heavens we only have to see Bolton once a season at Ewood. :angry:

As a teacher , I hope that people remember it is halfterm this weekend. So, many fans will be away on holiday( myself included). I am unhappy at missing the game but will be watching the italian teletext for the result.For that reason I cannot see there being a sellout on Sunday but it should be around 24000. But I will be back for the Chelsea game.

Wish I could be there but there are no cheap flights from Spain at the weekend due to half term (we don't have half term over here :D ) My mother and father will be there, as usual so no doubt I will get a full run down of the game when I ring on Sunday night. I hope it's a good game (can't see it though with Boltons route one football :lol: ) and as long as that diving t**t gets his leg broken I will be happy. Don't think it will be a sell out but I applaud the Rovers for reducing the prices for a local derby.

Cath

I don't think there is a fixture that I look forward to less than Bolton. A shocking team of play actors with a long ball mentality. Absolute garbage. A complete and utter disgrace to football. And they brought ten fans last year.

Thank god I'm in Amsterdam celebrating my wedding anniversary.

Il be there... and il be perpared! Muppet!!

I hate bolton and i hope that they sell their full allocation (Yesterday they had sold 4100 and requested a further 1500). I then hope that their very POOR supporters see their team defeated by the Blackburn Boys.

I also hope that diouf gets sent off. He just reminds me of AIDS or something! He is sooo dirty!

Prediction for you PrestonWhite

Rovers after playing 90 minutes tonight compared to bolton who have had a week off - 2-0 rovers! EASY EASY EASY

PrestonWhite - there are a number of reasons why fans don't go to football matches anymore.

I know a lot of people disillusioned with poor referring and the unfair competition in the league (in terms of finances). The finances having a large say in how clubs like ours survive - i.e. by not playing the most attractive football at times (I would qualify that by saying that Rovers now play an attractive passing game - but we did stay up in Hughes first season by playing survival football - similar to the Trotters).

For me money is a significant factor - so I'll be there, along with kids and friends etc. Though I can't see it being a thriller unless Rovers score first. From Bolton's perspective it is an ideal time to play us - we have been very poor following Europe - especially in the first half - and would have been beaten if we had been playing decent teams.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.