BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wisla Krakow Match Chat

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No but I will. Benny will fly home VIP to collect his Ferrari from the airport, go home to his £5m pad and ex model wife whilst reckoning up that this weeks work will have earned him about 40 grand whilst his Polish antagonist will go home to his tiny flat for a tea of cabbage and beetroot.

Choose whichever is most applicable Benni...........'Sticks and stones', 'turn the other cheek' or 'he who laughs last laughs longest'. :rover:

Benni never once suffered at Racism back home in South Africa growing up did he :rolleyes:

Edited by wakefieldrawks

Only disappointment was Wisla's tendency to dive everytime there was any contact whatsoever. Poor do that! :angry: Nice to see that dropping to the ground and playing hurt contributed to our winner! If the silly bgugger at ch had not lead motionless in the pen area and tried to get a free kick he might well have prevented the goal. Tough shitski matey!:lol:

No but I will. Benny will fly home VIP to collect his Ferrari from the airport, go home to his £5m pad and ex model wife whilst reckoning up that this weeks work will have earned him about 40 grand whilst his Polish antagonist will go home to his tiny flat for a tea of cabbage and beetroot.

Choose whichever is most applicable Benni...........'Sticks and stones', 'turn the other cheek' or 'he who laughs last laughs longest'. :rover:

Not really the point though is it

Money has nothing to do with this

Edited by cn_barlow

The authorities will do nothing. They did nothing when it was the "mighty" England, they sure as hell will do nothing for little old Rovers. They are paper tigers.

I'm sure Benni will be delighted that he has the full support of the fans of the team he plays for in this matter. Whether he has a very large income or not seems to me an irrelevance. It's a bit like saying that it doesn't matter that the Liverpool players were burgled because they're minted and can replace everything - insured or not.

Edited by RovertheHill

Fantastic few days over in Krakow. Beautiful city & girls, cheap beer, great result - what more could you ask?

As for the match itself, I remember grumbling about an inept preformance in the first half (Sorry Jan - I thought we were poor in the first but markedly improved in the second half). I honestly believed we wouldnt get the winner discussing that we should shut up shop to keep the draw as tugay played that pass to Roberts. It was all getting too open for my liking and I was getting nervous.

As Bentley closed in, all of us were standing, willing it to find that gap between defender, keeper and post and it bloomin well did. The next minute was bedlam, I bounced around a lot, jumped into the row above, grabbed Tris and promptly pulled us both into the seats below. Must be quite strong that Tyskie lager!

I have very little recollection of the evening at all, probably due to developing a taste for the lethal Zubrowka Vodka and having nowt to eat! Safe to say that me and my mate got back ok, didnt see any trouble at all, although there were rumours that the Cracovia boys were out to cause a rumpus with the Wisla fans.

Anyone else think the security checks from Krakow were overly excessive? I mean, how many times do you have to check my passport and screen my bag?

Hope to make it to Feyenoord and see you all there.

How did you like Krakow?

Krakow was excellent thank you! It is a very nice town that you have. The square in the old town is impressive with all its bars and restaurants - this is where we spent most of our time (no surprise there). We also visited the boat bar on the river - Aquarium I think it was called - on thursday night and had an ace time watching a band that can only be described as traditional!

Got to do a little bit of sightseeing on the friday morning - went up to the castle where we met a fire breathing dragon before bellamy11 and sleepyjack killed a knight :D

Overall had a really good time despite the traumer we had on thursday morning :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.