SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wisla Krakow Match Chat

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting way of dealing with defeats :blink:

Cool thanks for that. Strange though, I checked 5 lives website and its footy section say UEFA cup on at 8pm but not early. It does say TBC though.

Interesting way of dealing with defeats :blink:

My fault, I missed that. Already changed. If you find more mistakes, make me know them. Still improving my english ;)

1-0 Rovers

Danger players for Krakow (from the polish cleaner of my building, no pun intended)

Dudka and Brozek

dudka? we're affraid he will be dangerous... FOR US. Pawel Brożek is injured and he won't play today.

His twin brother Piotr is not specially dangerous - although he had much share in our victory against Iraklis in I round of UEFA Cup.

Edited by albionus

I'm going to be in Manchester this afternoon so (this may seem like a daft question) but does anybody know a bar or pub on or near Oxford Road that will almost definately show the game (preferably on a nice big screen)?

p.s. I'm feeling positive and think we'll win 2-1. McCarthy and Nonda with the goals.

Hey!Surely there won't be any DVD available as far as I know from the Polish side.But u can watch it down under on SBS:)

Coming up on SBS

Highlights during The World Game

Oct 22: Wisla Krakow v Blackburn (UEFA Cup)

Oct 29: Marseille v Lyon (Ligue 1)

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out

I'm going to be in Manchester this afternoon so (this may seem like a daft question) but does anybody know a bar or pub on or near Oxford Road that will almost definately show the game (preferably on a nice big screen)?

p.s. I'm feeling positive and think we'll win 2-1. McCarthy and Nonda with the goals.

I work on oxford road and will be stuck in the office during the game so can watch the game :( . But You might stand a chance at the Gallery. If you head down the side of the BBC (left hand side as you look at it) its down there. Shouldnt be to busy so if you ask I think they will put it on. Otherwise head down oxford road towards st peters square and there is a couple on there that might show it. Cant give you any definates though

Nothing definate, I work on Deansgate, gonna try the Hogshead or Sawyers (I believe they both showed Bolton's games last season!)

Come on Guys !! Have a common sense !! We are playing at home, with full stadium capacity. By the way we are on the top wave right now..

If we don't win this match then I will be severely disappointed. To lose a match against this sort would possibly be disastrous. We need to be getting a point at the very least to even hope to qualify. (Mr. Hughes has raised the bar, hasn't he?)

A 2-1 win it will probably be. McCarthy will no doubt chip in with one, while Savage will get another free kick in.

Edited by James No. 7

If you want a deifinite then the Sports Bar or Walkabout, both on Quay st just off Deansgate will show them.

Just had a thought, O'Shea's on Whitworth st close to Oxford rd shows live sport as does Bankrupt(or the Overdraft as it's more commonly known ;-) next to 5th Ave.

Edited by Manchester Blue

There seems to be a lot of confidence here about what was originally billed as one of the tougher matches of the group.

It's on Setanta USA at 9:30am CDT. With a repeat at 6p. No Rovers on Setanta all season and then we get Liverpool and Wisla in the same week.

Wisla 2 - 2 Rovers

Teams:

WISLA: Dolha, Baszczynski, Cleber, Dudka, Mijailovic, Blaszczykowski, Sobolewski, Cantoro, Zienczuk, Paulista, Radovanovic. Subs not follow.

ROVERS: Friedel, Emerton, Ooijer, Khizanishvili, Neill ©, Bentley, Tugay, Savage, Pedersen, Nonda, McCarthy. Subs: Todd, Mokoena, Jeffers, Brown, McEveley, Roberts, Gray.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.