BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wisla Krakow Match Chat

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1631: Half-time in Krakow and Blackburn will be disappointed with their tepid performance.

The bbc text summary action of the first half. Managed to watch from the 20min mark felt on another day we could have been 3-0 up. There goal huge slice of luck. The only disappointed was not going in at HT in front southern base a&&holes.

Last time I keep up to date with the text summary analysis they watch a different game.

nantes knocked out shlacke last round

Was that a boxing match?

Great all-round performance by Rovers in a difficult game for them.

Only Gamst wasn't up to form. Cannot fault the rest.

Roberts was cool involved with our 2nd goal. Bentley was superb.

We really are looking good.

Hughes and Co have been gradually banishing the pessimism from me.

Dear dear dear. What was Sav doing getting on the end of a cross? And a header? Severe derelection of his defensive duties ;) . Thought Neill looked a bit dodgy, maybe their right winger (Blaszczczczczski) had a decent game. Emerton and Bentley impressive down our right though, and thought Roberts also did a supersub impression that Shefki might have been proud of.

I watched the game on TV here in Berlin... my comments:

Krakow 1 - 2 Rovers after a controlled frst half from the Rovers with a number of gilt-edged chances, Gamst Pederson missing, for him, a sitter, we went in 1 0 down thanks to a scabby deflection. We started the second half on fire and eventually got the early breakthrough we needed, and deserved. Savage with an excellently placed header. Just before full time Bentley, who had been great all night, slotted in on the far post. Book your tickets for Glasgow :) well pleased

a mature European performance... on our way to...

The result was better than the performance, it was just like the Wigan game, we started slowly with no tempo to our game and no sense of urgency. Again we were inventing new ways of playing ourselves into trouble along with the old one of " player A receives the ball stood still, he then passes to player B who's also stood still and he gives an infirmary pass to player C who's stood still as well he then passes the ball to an opponent and off we go again ".

Pedersen then missed an absolute sitter he could have chosen about four ways of putting the ball into the back of the net, he actually chose option 5 ( hammer the ball into the former East Germany) and badly miss cued the ball. Shortly he after this he failed to cover his full back and we gave away a cheap corner. The clearing header is that good that the Rovers midfield stand back to admire it and allow a Cracow player to fire in a deflected shot. 1-0 down and Cracow hadn't even had a shot at our goal to worry about before this.

We gradually get back into the game and end it the stronger team having had a cert penalty turned down by the homer in black.

After half time we came more and more into the game and pushed Cracow back, Bentley then cut back inside his full back onto his left foot and planted a gem of a cross which perfectly bisected the two Cracow centre halves for Savage to head back across goal into the far corner.Typically Rovers then let Cracow back into the game for 10 to 15 minutes courtesy of some sloppy passing, although they huffed and puffed they were far from blowing our house down.

Hughes then went all out to win the game by giving Pedersen the sheperds crook treatment and throwing on Roberts in his place, just when the game looked like ending a 1-1 draw Roberts and Mc Carthy opened up Cracow and created an opening for Bentley out on the left, he gave Pedersen a finishing lesson by making a difficult chance look easy peasy and we ran out worthy winners 2-1.

I'm not fooling myself that Cracow are a great team, I don't think they were as good as Glencirbigli for instance but a win is a win and if you can play poorly for a lot of the game and win away in Europe you can't be that bad but play as sloppily against Bolton on Sunday and we'll get caned.

Savage appeared to be feeling his back and surely Tugay can't play two full games in four days so we could be light in midfield on Sunday. I've also run out of patience with Pedersen , he was poor today , what does he bring to the team ?

My ratings-

Friedel-----6

Emerton----7

Oijer-------7

Zurab------7

Neill-------6

Bentley-----8*

Savage-----7

Tugay------7

Pedersen---4

Nonda-----6

McCarthy---6

Subs

Mokoena

Roberts ,neither were on long enough for a rating but Roberts did well for the second goal ,he's a handfull against tired defenders.

Reported on SSN that Benni has complained he was racially abused by one of the Wisla players, Mark Hughes is to refer the matter to UEFA

I've been to Poland twice (in fact krakow twice) and I have to say that this does not surprise me. The polish fans used to abuse their own player during international games (can't remember the name but he was black). He started scoring goals for them and I think helped them qualify for the world cup. Although the abuse towards him died down, it didn't entirely disappear.

I went to Aushwitz and I got the impression that polish people were so quick/desperate to point out what one racist man did to them during WW2 but the sheer hypocrisy of some of them to then treat black people in this manner, well I hope UEFA punish these @#/?s.

lucky @#/?s... goal in 89th minute... I'm dissapointed with the result.

Only one satisfaction i can have this evening is that I predicted very percisely

the result - 2:1 for rovers, close to draw. 3 minutes... f....g three minutes :/ eh.. but there is 3 more plays to be done. Wish you the best in future. Maybe I will write some more after I'll see the match in TV

lucky @#/?s... goal in 89th minute... I'm dissapointed with the result.

Albionus,

Your team did Ok, but Rovers were the better side over the 90 minutes, and it doesn't matter when the winning goal was scored.

Good luck to you for the rest of the competition. It's been good reading your posts, too often all we get is abuse from opposition fans, so thanks for your contributions. Keep in touch. We will watch for your results in the next games.

Colin.

BTW, for everyone else..is that David Bentley slowly but surely turning himself into a rather good player? He really was a bit hopeless when he joined is a couple of years ago, but he's coming on in leaps & bounds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.