BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wisla Krakow Match Chat

My view on last night.

1st 30 minutes we had control of the game and it looked too easy. Until they got a fluke of a goal against the run of play.

Up to half time from the 30th minute they did alright and could have maybe nicked another.

2nd half rovers went into 2nd gear and to be honest were simply too good for Krakow. Nonda did some great work and was unlucky not to score and we could have easily won the game by the end.

Spot on that Hughesey, with the proviso Blue Blood mentioned that we had a weak ten minutes at the end before we scored.

I thought it was a very good performance on the whole, the only weak points on the day being Neill who couldn't cope with their right winger and MGP who had yet another poor game. On the chance he missed, he had the time to bring it down, take another touch, and make a cup of tea before sliding it in yet tried a near impossible first time wonder volley.

But overall an excellent display and Hughes and his coaching staff continue to confound despite a lack of financial backing. Just hope our lack of cover in midfield until Reid returns doesn't ruin what is starting to look like a very promising season. An injury of any note to Savage now and we're stuffed.

AS far as the UEFA Cup is concerned, if Salzburg and Krakow in particular are indicative of the standard of the competition, then there's every reason to hope we can remain in the competition well into the knockout stages. A win in the next game and we'll be through with a minimum of fuss and effort. I wonder though if yesterday's win now takes the emphasis off a win in our first home game slightly and the absolute priority now is not to lose? An interesting one.

I've always subscribed to the theory that if you're playing games and winning you don't feel tired so let's hope that holds true for the Bolton game on Sunday.

A proud time to be a Rover thanks to Mark Hughes and his coaching staff! :tu::rover:

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly, when we were bottom of the league under souness, did anyone think we'd be up here so quickly?

the thing is...we seem to be getting better and better. wait till reid and nelsen get back in the new year.

As soon as he'd gone- yes I knew we'd be better very quickly. Always thought we'd have been better with a manager hungry for success rather than one increasing his pension.

Just back from Krakow. For all those on here, it really was a game of two halves. We at the goal-scoring end saw very little of the game in either half. In the first half we dominated and they scored, and in the second, they dominated and we scored twice. The difference was, their domination ended at the midpoint of our half while ours was in and around the box.

For Savage's goal it seemed like slow motion as it came towards us. (we were diagonally behind the goal). Bentley's goal was a "for F*cks sake SOMEONE score" effort with at least Roberts and Nonda having a go before Bentley got the ball in the net.

Fully agree about Gamst. It seems to be only people on here who mention Gamst and Duff in anything like the same breath. Everyone I spoke to out there when asked the question "duff or Gamst" said "Duff's different class". Gamst is having a horrible patch and it would be kindness to Lucas who, to be fair is having to do the same type of covering for him that he used to do for Emerton on the other side, to let Peter have a go.

And as for Tugs........... His first 90 minutes of the season and afterwards he came out with headphones on and DANCED around the ground while warming down.

As for Wisla- niggly, and diving spring to mind.

Edited by Jan

Great result and performance yesterday. I thought our midfield 3 were all superb and ran the game really. It should have been 4 of course but MGP seems to have disappeared this season, maybe he should change his name back. On saying that he never really did anything last season in open play so maybe if he scores a couple of free kixcks all will be forgiven.

I never thought I would say this but Savage was great. He still has a tendency to rampage around the pitch like an enraged swan but his all round play is really good at the moment.

As for Tugay....ah, what a player. He gets better and better. If England had a Tugay they could win things/ I've said for ages that he is the best player in the league in his position and he still is. The way he takes the ball off the defence and makes simple but clever passes to the midfiled is a delight to behold. Whenever I can bring myself to watch England play and see Terry and Ferdinand blooter it forward aimlessley its so clear that a Tugay is the missing link. Unfortunately there is only 1 though. I just hope he can stay fit because he makes such a differnce to us.

Bentley was magic as well.

got back at 3.30, what a good trip and result. on the downside a group of about 20(stragglers already late for the match) of us were held up by security after passing through the first turnstile. this was after the security checks.i got the impression they were trying to wind people up. ended up missing a sizeable chunk of the first half.

Was impressed by their support and the atmosphere they created. On the whole the banter was good natured with a couple of burnley flags on display in their section.Plenty of scarf /badge swapping. Back in the town centre a group of local yobs were intent on trouble. we succesfully avoided them but others may not have been so lucky.

Just got back had a great time.......

Luckily I did'nt see any bother

Nice to see John Williams in the main square. Got a picture with him. Would'nt by us a beer though.....

What a game, everyone went wild when the second goal went in something that I will never forget...

Well done Rovers, lets hope we make in to Hampdan

got back at 3.30, what a good trip and result. on the downside a group of about 20(stragglers already late for the match) of us were held up by security after passing through the first turnstile.

They seemed to do that for everyone, it was all a bit weird.

Had a top few days.

Met several messageboarders - including being sat behing thenodrog on't flight home! - saw Jan from a distance (of about 6 foot!) but only found out who she was when she had gone!

Top time, my head still hurts a bit.

Disappointed with the messageboarders who fell asleep! :lol:

Only disappointment was Wisla's tendency to dive everytime there was any contact whatsoever. Poor do that! :angry: Nice to see that dropping to the ground and playing hurt contributed to our winner! If the silly bgugger at ch had not lead motionless in the pen area and tried to get a free kick he might well have prevented the goal. Tough shitski matey!:lol:

Benni McCarthy has accused one or more of the Krakow players of making racist remarks.

If correct, this would not be the first time that black players with English clubs and the national team have suffered racial abuse from players or supporters on away games in eastern Europe.

Any of the Polish lads care to comment ?

No but I will. Benny will fly home VIP to collect his Ferrari from the airport, go home to his £5m pad and ex model wife whilst reckoning up that this weeks work will have earned him about 40 grand whilst his Polish antagonist will go home to his tiny flat for a tea of cabbage and beetroot.

Choose whichever is most applicable Benni...........'Sticks and stones', 'turn the other cheek' or 'he who laughs last laughs longest'. :rover:

Edited by thenodrog

Benny will fly home VIP to collect his Ferrari from the airport, go home to his £5m pad and ex model wife whilst reckoning up that this weeks work will have earned him about 40 grand whilst his Polish antagonist will go home to his tiny flat for a tea of cabbage and beetroot.

Are you being serious?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.