BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Allege Racism

I think the main issue here is that the Rovers now have a small but vocal group of supporters who feel obliged to chant racist or far-right songs. I saw it at Celtic and Old Trafford. There have reports of similar events at Liverpool and the two european games.

I agree that rovers seem to have their own bunch of people who seem to want the rovers fans reputations dragged into the gutter.

What I/we don't want is "another" debate about racism in general, on the messageboard. There's more than enough of it on ICBINF. [that's my opinion, not necessarily that of anyone else].

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and silly me thought I was going to see some news about the racism charge...

I guess I shouldn't read this thread if I want to know something about the topic....

on topic

why should uefa do anything considering a section of our fans sing racist songs at every game

on topic

why should uefa do anything considering a section of our fans sing racist songs at every game

Because Benni was racially abused. It's nothing to do with him that a section of our fans sing that rubbish. The only argument that could be put forward is that the section of our fans doing it ought to be punished too- which I would agree with. It's like saying we shouldn't punish a murderer, because there are other murderers who don't get punished.

Glad to hear the guy has a 5 match ban, I doubt very much that Benni was making it up.

Because Benni was racially abused. It's nothing to do with him that a section of our fans sing that rubbish. The only argument that could be put forward is that the section of our fans doing it ought to be punished too- which I would agree with. It's like saying we shouldn't punish a murderer, because there are other murderers who don't get punished.

Glad to hear the guy has a 5 match ban, I doubt very much that Benni was making it up.

Bennie had the support of the referee, which presumably was the clincher, as the player was vigorously denying it. As you say perhaps someone can move on to the racists in our midst.

All 'the stars' in the Premier League aren't English but you're right, they do behave like little girls.

Indeed they do, Can't argue with that for sure but those Poles were real puffs weren't they? The slightest contact and more often than not NO CONTACT had em rolling around like stuck pigs trying for all their worth to get opponants sent off. Cheats of the worst kind.

hmm i thought that english football is rather harder than in the europe..and now i saw that your 'stars' behave like a little girls..and of course uefa believes only one side - english side..

How many games has Benni had in English football?

I would think that his command of English football was not as great as yours of the Language.

You obviously have just started following football, as you would be aware of the penalties handed out to English clubs and supporters in the past, if you had been a long term follower of the game.

or is it that you're a WUM

hmm i thought that english football is rather harder than in the europe..and now i saw that your 'stars' behave like a little girls..and of course uefa believes only one side - english side..

So being racist is a macho and manly thing? Interesting interpretation. Should Benni have punched the Polish player instead, to assert his masculinity?

As for the alleged favouritism of England may I just refer to a few incidents:

1. Two Leeds United fans get stabbed whilst visiting Turkey for a European match.

2. AC Milan keeper Dida suffers 2nd degree burns after Inter fans hit him with flares.

3. A referee suffers concussion after being hit by a coin thrown by a Roma fan.

4. In a friendly against Spain, thousands of Spainish supporters racially abuse England's black players.

I bet you many Euros that if English people and English teams they would have been dealt with in a far harder way than the Italians, Spaniards and Turks, all of whom have problems with hooliganism. And anyway, the only English people involved were the FA, who want to see racism dealt with in a strong manner for once. Is that wrong?

Face it Robin, your side were rubbish, we beat you, and you have a racist tool playing for you.

Edited by Billy Castell

One more example of justice according to UEFA.

Strict punishment without any evidences. Mijailovic could say something because he is little crazy but even referees didn't notice anything. You can't believe one player only becasue he is famous.

I think Nikola regrets that he didn't hit McCarthy bu head - it's only 3 games banned.

Next uefa should take stand on what happend with fair play idea in last minute of the game but I don't believe the do it. Referee didn't

notice the foul but as we see it's not argument. This time at least

we have a proof in form of tv tape.

Second case is how quickly uefa made verdict ? When Wisla wanted from uefa confirmation of their new player we had to wait 8 (!!!) months.

It's obvious that uefa discriminate against eastern Europe. I think it's some kind of racism, isn't it ?

So LET'S KICK RACISM OUT OF UEFA !!

Edited by dynek.pl

Errr

Abusing someone for the colour of their skin is wrong and against the rules - get over it. Your player was in the wrong and was punished accordingly.

Whats worse - you're players been banned for a number of games or the fact that you lost against a team never to have won away in european competition, after scoring first and to be honest played awful?

Also if you want to see Bias against countries, look at what happens to England, a few of our fans cause trouble - we're hauled over the coals - Italy, Germany and Turkey have a much worse hooligan problem (although thats because we've banned most of our dickheads from traveliing) but who's the country always being threatened with expulsion?

So being racist is a macho and manly thing? Interesting interpretation. Should Benni have punched the Polish player instead, to assert his masculinity?

As for the alleged favouritism of England may I just refer to a few incidents:

1. Two Leeds United fans get stabbed whilst visiting Turkey for a European match.

2. AC Milan keeper Dida suffers 2nd degree burns after Inter fans hit him with flares.

3. A referee suffers concussion after being hit by a coin thrown by a Roma fan.

4. In a friendly against Spain, thousands of Spainish supporters racially abuse England's black players.

I bet you many Euros that if English people and English teams they would have been dealt with in a far harder way than the Italians, Spaniards and Turks, all of whom have problems with hooliganism. And anyway, the only English people involved were the FA, who want to see racism dealt with in a strong manner for once. Is that wrong?

Face it Robin, your side were rubbish, we beat you, and you have a racist tool playing for you.

Don't forget we were threatened with expulsion from the Euro Championships because our fans sang a certain song. Now compare that with some of the other incidents and the punishment dished out. English fans and English team always seem to be punished the hardest.

One more example of justice according to UEFA.

Strict punishment without any evidences. Mijailovic could say something because he is little crazy but even referees didn't notice anything. You can't believe one player only becasue he is famous.

I think Nikola regrets that he didn't hit McCarthy bu head - it's only 3 games banned.

Without evidence? You obviously don't know much about what happened. The referee reported it too.

Next uefa should take stand on what happend with fair play idea in last minute of the game but I don't believe the do it. Referee didn't

notice the foul but as we see it's not argument. This time at least

we have a proof in form of tv tape.

I don't actually know what you're talking about, but you're actually complaining about some random foul right? Pretty sure some of our fouls got ignored too. And frankly, we get screwed by refs on fouls all the time.

As for that other guy who said our players are girls- do you care to explain what is girly about combatting racism? Some of the bravest people who ever lived were brave precisely for doing that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.