BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Allege Racism

Without evidence? You obviously don't know much about what happened. The referee reported it too.

I don't actually know what you're talking about, but you're actually complaining about some random foul right? Pretty sure some of our fouls got ignored too. And frankly, we get screwed by refs on fouls all the time.

As for that other guy who said our players are girls- do you care to explain what is girly about combatting racism? Some of the bravest people who ever lived were brave precisely for doing that.

I believe the bitter one is complaining about the perfectly good tackle which led a Wisla player to roll around on the floor uncontrollably (yet again) when Nonda played the ball back.

The amusing thing is, if he hadnt been feigning injury (as their players did all night), he would have intercepted the pass!

Anyway, once Benni had the support of the match referee UEFA had to take action, case closed.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, once Benni had the support of the match referee UEFA had to take action, case closed.

The only thing that still concerns me is: why didn't the match referee do anything about it at the time? Is it permissable within the context of the match to racially abuse players? Is it something that only gets punished retrospectively?

Good. Having seen the backpeddling in the Italian league over the points deductions handed out, you start to feel that all anyone has to do nowadays is appeal and they automatically get their "sentence" reduced. About time someone found out it doesn't always work like that.

The only thing that still concerns me is: why didn't the match referee do anything about it at the time? Is it permissable within the context of the match to racially abuse players? Is it something that only gets punished retrospectively?

When I was refereeing, we used to get seasonal updates as to amendments to Laws, or how the law was to be interpreted and applied that season. I seem to remember that FIFA had extended the law governing Sending Off offences from just Foul and Abusive language to include racist andremarks and incitement to violence

Full marks to UEFA, I'm sure they have been waiting for some idiot to give them a chance to demonstrate their commitment to eliminating racism. The Serb dummy obviously made the comments in front of witnesses other than Benni which clinched it. The only disappointment is that they didn't increase the sentence.

It will seem strange for some of our Polish friends to hear how we feel about this but we have gone a long way from the days (relatively recently) when racist abuse was part of the terrace noise in England.

So overall a good result, a five match ban and we win in Krakow. Suspect that Wisla will finish bottom of the group.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.