SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Bolton 1

den

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see the game, only selected highltights, so I cannot comment on the performance. What I did see though was a schoolboy error for Campo's goal and 2 awful penalties.

Neill was looking at Campo, I think he was even touching him, but as soon as the ball came in Campo jinked and moved, Neill didn't then decided to make a token jump when the ball was nestling in the net. 2 goals in two weeks from crosses were people are not marking properly, I reckon Sparky will be going bananas on the training ground about it this week.

McCarthy's penalty was too soft, too close to the keeper, and telegraphed. So what did Roberts do after demanding the ball? The exact same thing. So far this season we have missed 3 penalties, I think a practice session is needed.

The ball over the line debate is clutching at straws. 2 penalites should have negated the need to gripe about it. In fairness to the ref, he had to make an instant decision with no benefit fo slow motion replays on repeat. He was in the perfect position to judge, the Bolton defender hacked it away straight away and Rovers didn't celebrate, complain, gesticulate, or shriek enough to make him think otherwise. You can guarantee that if the opposite occurred Bolton's journeymen would have adopted the Man U approach.

Allardyce's post match comments were hilarious. He had a go at Jason Roberts for making a meal of it. He must have one short memory as I seem to recall that Diouf blatently dived at Ewood 2 seasons ago (?) for them. The interviewer should have showed a TV replay of that then asked him the same question plus a cheeky one about his son allegedly accepting bungs. A side to this is Martin Jol at Tottenham, he comes out with more sh!te than most when defending his cheating players. He defended Zokora the other week over his dive and then yesterday glossed over Defoe biting the Argie. N0b's.

that's the whole problem.

Whether anyone likes it or not the ref is the chief adjudicator on a football pitch. I'm not going to have a go at him becasue he had the best view he could have had. In contrast, if he was on the edge of the box and made the same decision I'd be going mental.

Whether anyone likes it or not the ref is the chief adjudicator on a football pitch. I'm not going to have a go at him becasue he had the best view he could have had. In contrast, if he was on the edge of the box and made the same decision I'd be going mental.

That just doesn't make sense.

So you would prefer for him to do as he did, ie had a great position and view yet get it wrong rather than having a crap view and still getting it wrong.

I would have thought the reverse then at least we could argue that he was unsighted.

So no disabled people travel around / live in London due to the underground. Classic. There are buses, cabs, and overground trains just like every other town / city in this country.

I have walking problems actually and dont know anyone in london so dont like to go up by self. I really shouldnt have to explain myself...

Would that be your travel plans that allow you to post from an NTL account in the Brighton area 2.5 hours after the game has finished.

I think you're underestimating him. I reckon he VNC'd into his home computer from his Aunts to post the first message.

I actually logged into my NTL account as my aunts laptop is not connected to the net, i needed to check my ebay and also say what i thought on here, but if your gonna be petty and downright silly enough to look up my details then i will leave you to your stupidity.

i mean for gods sakes i thought this was the footie column and not he 'i cant believe its not footie column' - Seriously, if you dont like me, ignore what i say and leave me alone ok...

Edited by Rover The Moon

IPB Image

Don't know how fat Sam can complain. Out of the two given the first was harsh, but the second was blatant. Emerton should have had a penalty in the first half, and the above foul on Roberts wasn't give either. That and the fact that we had a goal disallowed and they won - what the hell was he complaining for?

And here's me thinking they were going by the book on shirt pulling.

I have walking problems actually and dont know anyone in london so dont like to go up by self. I really shouldnt have to explain myself...

Would that be your travel plans that allow you to post from an NTL account in the Brighton area 2.5 hours after the game has finished.

I think you're underestimating him. I reckon he VNC'd into his home computer from his Aunts to post the first message.

I actually logged into my NTL account as my aunts laptop is not connected to the net, i needed to check my ebay and also say what i thought on here, but if your gonna be petty and downright silly enough to look up my details then i will leave you to your stupidity.

i mean for gods sakes i thought this was the footie column and not he 'i cant believe its not footie column' - Seriously, if you dont like me, ignore what i say and leave me alone ok...

Oh and by the way, i didnt drive to manchester, i got the train...!

RTM, Just a quick one. How did you log onto this forum from an NTL account in Worthing 2 1/2 hours after the match ended??

Just be honest for once, you weren't there. It's not a problem, I wasn't there either. Just be honest and you'll probably find you get a lot less stick.

RTM, Just a quick one. How did you log onto this forum from an NTL account in Worthing 2 1/2 hours after the match ended??

Just be honest for once, you weren't there. It's not a problem, I wasn't there either. Just be honest and you'll probably find you get a lot less stick.

It just seriously pisses me off when people state that you cant give your opinion unless you were at the stadium... I was ###### off at the result and missing 2 penalties yesterday so passed my view on reviews etc and all i got was, were you at the match. bla bla bla, it just hacks me off...!

I would also like to add, that if this is how rovers fans treats there fellow rovers fans then nowonder there arent many of us about!

Edited by Rover The Moon

Oh and by the way, i didnt drive to manchester, i got the train...!

I thought you couldnt do the Underground because you are disabled (or is that a lie as well)

Brighton to London means you take the tube from Victoria to Euston.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Oct 23 2006, 14:24 ) 454594[/snapback]

I thought you couldnt do the Underground because you are disabled (or is that a lie as well)

Brighton to London means you take the tube from Victoria to Euston.

Actually if you read about 4 cm's up i just admitted that i didnt go... But FYI, you can actually get a train from Worthing to Southampton and Train from Southampton to Manchester.....

Oh and i do get freaked out by close spaces crowds etc, underground e.g. UNDERGROUND, above ground trains dont bother me... I have perennial muscular atrophy which makes my balance poor and as London has allot of people in it and the Underground station platforms get so congested and its hard to get out, i dont like it. Also get freaked out im gonna get knocked onto the track

My view

The ref was just an arse and crap- what was not a foul in the box when a Rovers player was fouled is consider one outside when a Rovers player makes a challenge - and the booking of Savage was a joke.

As others have mentioned already, all but for about 5mins we bossed the game and all being well it should have been 4 or 5 - 1 to the Rovers. yes Notlob where lucky but experience should have given us the idea of the type of gameplay they would adopt - of which they are masters - and I still believe in making your own luck.

I wasn't angry either because the performance overall was very good in respect to how we played and controlled the game, but the penalties where a disgrace and totally unacceptable. Yes players will miss penalties but those two where diabolical and both exactly the same except for the takers. Professional footballers my arse - a little kid could have taken them better (in fact him at half time would have probably done). Now I know it needs confidence to take a penalty but both of them to me should not have been taking one - Mccarthy anyway as he had a terrible game and should have been substituted early doors and doesn't have the striking technique for penalties -Roberts had just come on and its common knowledge not to let substitute 'still cold' to the game. Now if nobody else wanted the penalty fair do's but we had better strikers of the ball and both penalties to be the same was pathetic.

My previous comments about it costing us not taking the chances when they come along came home to roost and showed up our lack of ruthlesness in front of goal.

In addition, it looks like our own mistakes cost us the points again - two free headers in two weeks costs us 5 points and needs sorting out.

One of them games maybe - but personally I think some fault lies again with Hughes for his delay in the substitutes - MGP should have been off straight away in the second half and Mccarthy following him shortly afterwards (he didn't look up for it to me).

Wednesday is their chance to put it right so early - lets just hope we have learnt and yesterday does turn out to be one of those games.

That just doesn't make sense.

So you would prefer for him to do as he did, ie had a great position and view yet get it wrong rather than having a crap view and still getting it wrong.

I would have thought the reverse then at least we could argue that he was unsighted.

To me it does.

He "got it wrong" based on what? TV replays? Your view from the stands? I think that the fact that he was in the right place gave him the best chance he had of spotting anything. If he was unsighted we'd have more rope to hang him with as not only did he not see a goal, but the clown wasn't where he should have been making it even more cast iron in our minds. He gave what he saw from the best position he could have been in (bar being on the goal line). Did he cheat? No. Did he do it on purpose? No. Should it have counted? Maybe. Until instant replay technology is installed in Premier League football we will have to rely on referee's opinions, as we have done for over 100 years. They are not always right, but they do the best job they can. Someone has to be the scapegoat and the referee normally gets the nod, only yesterday it should have been Neill, McCarthy, and Roberts for their errors.

This is a Rovers board full of Rovers fans who feel hard done by and like a moan at the best of times. Losing a local derby to a horrible team whilst missing two penalites makes it harder to take. If it was the other way round (Bolton having the chance) everyone on here would be saying that it was never a goal.

I shouldnt have needed too...! <_<

Cant anyone give there opinion on the match without having the, well were you there??? Thrown in there face!!

Yes they can. There are plenty of people on here who probably didn't see the game, who instead listened to it on the radio, watched a text commentary etc etc but still give an opinion.

But you keep making widely innacurate statements like 'we played woefully' when you aren't basing it on anything and people who did see it know its just not true. Then making up a big story about how you did come to watch the game, but then you didn't etc etc - just making yourself look silly.

everyone on here would be saying that it was never a goal.

Not true, we'd all be laughing about how we had got away with it. TBH Bolton have had more to complain about with Ball over the line decisions, as one not given against Everton a while back ended up relegating them.

Yes they can. There are plenty of people on here who probably didn't see the game, who instead listened to it on the radio, watched a text commentary etc etc but still give an opinion.

But you keep making widely innacurate statements like 'we played woefully' when you aren't basing it on anything and people who did see it know its just not true. Then making up a big story about how you did come to watch the game, but then you didn't etc etc - just making yourself look silly.

Can you listen to it on the other side of the Country??

Text comentary?? How??

btw Kevin Nolan has just been given a 3 match ban

Serves him right. I hope having watched the replay - he realises that the referee had no option but to give the second penalty. You can't not give a penalty because you gave one three minutes ago. His abuse of the referee was totally unacceptable IMO.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.