BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Bolton 1

den

Can you listen to it on the other side of the Country??

Text comentary?? How??

Radio Rovers? Rovers World etc, I'm sure if you look round the internet hard enough there's plenty of places. This site also has a chat room which I know people go to during games, so even if you don't have commentary other people can relay messages.

Rovers do a minute by minute commentary for all games on the official site : http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/New...~916003,00.html

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw Kevin Nolan has just been given a 3 match ban

Good. Half of the team should have been really because it wasn't just him who was shouting abuse at the ref before both penalties. Clearly trying to delay the penalty being taken and it worked in the end.

Also anyone notice the amount of Notlob players in the box before the penalty was taken. For the first one Nolan cleared it and he was already in the dee before the spot-kick was taken. Aren't they meant to re-take it if that happens? :unsure:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Oct 23 2006, 14:24 ) 454594[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I thought you couldnt do the Underground because you are disabled (or is that a lie as well)

Brighton to London means you take the tube from Victoria to Euston.

To be fair Ste B that would be the norm for the vast majority, but you have to concede there are several other ways of transferring from Victoria to Euston. Taxi, bus, walking?

Edited by Fife Rover

Too gutted to say anything about the match yesterday, but was good value at £15.00 for those wot paid.

I have seen seven missed penalties in Rovers matches this season already.

PIE WATCH

The new pies are not up to scratch. The chicken baltis are way too sweet, had one at the City game, and to make sure it was not just a bad batch, had another one at the Wigan game (ironically). Still sweet.

Switched to cheese and onion yesterday, suffice to say the trades description people should be taking an interest in the title of this poor effort. The pastry was bizarrely soggy and too dry at the same time and the filling looked pensioners spaff.

NEXT WEEK

Ozz tries the old standard Meat and Potatoe. Watch this space.

Yes they can. There are plenty of people on here who probably didn't see the game, who instead listened to it on the radio, watched a text commentary etc etc but still give an opinion.

But you keep making widely innacurate statements like 'we played woefully' when you aren't basing it on anything and people who did see it know its just not true. Then making up a big story about how you did come to watch the game, but then you didn't etc etc - just making yourself look silly.

Silly being an massive understatement, yet it's me who's the muppet ha got to laugh don't you.

We should have had four penalties today,not two. We still would have probably mssed them but still.. :unsure:

How was Fortune not sent off as well. First he got booked for kicking the ball away.... :(

I agree with your point about the penalties, but according to the LT Fortunes was not booked!

One reason that we didn't get a rebound on the penalties was that there were at least 3 Bolton players running into the area before either kick was taken - they should both have been retaken.

Also I hope the ball boy who was verbally abused by Diouf in the first half reports him - an unbelievable outburst.

The ball boy looked more like a man than a boy!

He rolled the ball to Diouf rather than throwing it to him.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Oct 23 2006, 15:03 ) 454626[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Probably by a member of this site. ;)

Thats not at all funny! Disabled person gets knocked onto the railway trac, thats funny, ha ha... NOT! :blink::wstu:

I hope your previous few visits to this site have taught you a lesson.

A couple of the admin guys are very skilled at working out frauds.

I think you've been nobbled and it'd best for your wellbeing if you stepped/wheeled back from the edge of the platform.

I agree with your point about the penalties, but according to the LT Fortunes was not booked!

Sky showed fortune being booked. I think is all got a bit much for most sites who managed to miss hunt's yellow only moments after fortunes, Including the Match Live service on the net.

RTM give it up you have been well and truely found out. Whilst everyones opinions are important, what you said was complete rubbish and you have to expect to be picked up for it!

Sky showed fortune being booked. I think is all got a bit much for most sites who managed to miss hunt's yellow only moments after fortunes, Including the Match Live service on the net.

RTM give it up you have been well and truely found out. Whilst everyones opinions are important, what you said was complete rubbish and you have to expect to be picked up for it!

The Daily Telegraph lists Fortune and Nolan as being booked.The LT lists Jaaskelainen, Hunt and Nolan!

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Oct 23 2006, 14:24 ) 454594[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I thought you couldnt do the Underground because you are disabled (or is that a lie as well)

Brighton to London means you take the tube from Victoria to Euston.

Actually if you read about 4 cm's up i just admitted that i didnt go... But FYI, you can actually get a train from Worthing to Southampton and Train from Southampton to Manchester.....

Oh and i do get freaked out by close spaces crowds etc, underground e.g. UNDERGROUND, above ground trains dont bother me... I have perennial muscular atrophy which makes my balance poor and as London has allot of people in it and the Underground station platforms get so congested and its hard to get out, i dont like it. Also get freaked out im gonna get knocked onto the track

IPB Image

Was pretty shell shocked when the match finished, cannot believe we did not get something but was just one of those days, hopefully there will not be many more like that.

Bolton know the score when it comes to cheating their way to points but I think we all know who the better footballing side was ;)

I sit in line with the touchline and I thought it was a goal at the time, think we would have won it if that had been allowed.

Least we get a chance to play soon, well worth giving some fringe players a shot on wednesday.

The Daily Telegraph lists Fortune and Nolan as being booked.The LT lists Jaaskelainen, Hunt and Nolan!

Where'd they get jaaskelainen from? I know he was playing for time but don't think he was booked.

Rovers Match Report, They have Fortune and Hunt, but Nolan got a yellow and then a straight red. Confusing! :rover:

My first live game for nearly 2 years and I have to say I thought we were excellent for most of the game; as good football as I've seen since the 94/95 side at times.

A couple of points not brought out so far:

- while Neill's marking was beyond belief, am I alone in thinking that a keeper should be coming for corners 5 yards out in the middle of the goal? Freidal is a great shot-stopper, but his inability to dominate his 6 yard box frustrates me.

- Pederson was far worse than I had seen on highlights so far this season. I will be shocked if Hughes doesn't bench him by next week.

- Apart from the penalties, Benny, Nonda and Roberts are all excellent in my opinion. And to think only 2 years ago, our number 1 striker was @#/?!

- Bert and Bentley make a fearsome combination down the right. I was one of Bert's biggest critics as a winger, but what a revalation, I thought he was a joy to watch

Oh and i do get freaked out by close spaces crowds etc,

Such as being squeezed inbetween two lard arses at a footy stadium?

I have to say 26 hrs later I'm still broken.

Last night I had to go out for a meal with people I've never met last night and must have seemed like a right miserable sod.

Then today I've done a full round of golf round Mottram Hall (very nice, does Chesh own that place?) which did nothing to lift my mood. Then, just as we enter the clubhouse for a quick pint, as my spirits are finally lifting, they've got the highlights of the game on the telly being replayed by Sky.

In football, the lows far outweight the highs. And we pay for the 'priveledge' !!! :(

Edited by Hasta

I hope your previous few visits to this site have taught you a lesson.

A couple of the admin guys are very skilled at working out frauds.

I think you've been nobbled and it'd best for your wellbeing if you stepped/wheeled back from the edge of the platform.

He'd be best advised to change his name then eh SAR/Don/Oz? :D

Seriously RtM (from one who gets regularly 'ganged up' on) it's not bad advice cos you've spewed it on here. Your credibility is shot to pieces. I'm quite prepared to believe that you prob aren't disabled either. Who will ever believe anything you write in the future? Hard lesson to learn but you need to be aware that if you are ever going to tell lies then you need a better memory than you apparently possess. ;)

In addition, it looks like our own mistakes cost us the points again - two free headers in two weeks costs us 5 points and needs sorting out.

Very good point and one I hadn't realised. Two fairly innocuous corners and two free headers. Hopefully Hughesy and the team have spotted the trend and will have that sorted out

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.