Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Bolton 1

den

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CONNECTIONS

Nathan Blake, John Byrom, Paul Comstive, Walter Crook, Malcolm Darling, Kevin Davies, Youri Djorkaeff, Reg Elvy, Per Frandsen, Colin Hendry, George Higgins, Matt Jansen, Glenn Keeley, Andy Kennedy, Bobby Langton, Jason McAteer, Harry McShane, Mark Patterson, Leam Richardson, Stuart Ripley, Mike Salmon, Scott Sellars, Gordon Taylor, Chris Thompson, Andy Todd, Paul Warhurst

A quick 11 year history of league games between the two clubs:

05-06 home draw 0-0 away draw 0-0

04-05 home lost 1-0 away won 1-0

03-04 home lost 3-4 away draw 2-2

02-03 home draw 1-1 away draw 1-1

01-02 home draw 1-1 away draw 1-1

00-01 home draw 1-1 away won 4-1

99-00 home won 3-1 away lost 1-3

97-98 home won 3-1 away lost 1-2

95-96 home won 3-1 away lost 1-2

total games 18

Total points up for grabs 54

Rovers have got 23

Notlob have got 22

Rovers wins 5

Notlob wins 5

draws 8

At Ewood

Rovers wins 3

Notlob wins 2

Draws 4

If statistics are anything to go by it'll be a close game. I still hate Djoufe with a passion after his dive for that penalty at Ewood in 04-05.

Statto statto

I just hope we dont have another post-europe slow start. The first half against City was dreadful, and Emile banged his annual Ewood goal in within 4 minutes.

We'll go a goal down early and scramble a 1-1. Speed and Benni

Edited by Hasta

Football365.com's prievw for Notlob

Same again for Trotters at Ewood

Sam Allardyce looks set to name an unchanged Bolton line-up at Blackburn on Sunday as his side chase a fourth straight win in the Premiership. After his decisive two-goal strike at Newcastle last weekend, El-Hadji Diouf looks set to start on the left side of a three-pronged attack, with Kevin Davies on the right and Nicolas Anelka in the centre.

Long-term injury casualties Ricardo Gardner, Henrik Pedersen and Joey O'Brien are progressing but still not ready to make a comeback.

Kick-off at Ewood Park is at 3pm.

Bolton (from): Jaaskelainen, Hunt, Meite, Faye, Ben Haim, Fortune, Giannakopoulos, Campo, Speed, Nolan, Diouf, Davies, Anelka, Walker, Vaz Te, Tal.

Hope that we dont have the first half hangover that we have suffered after the two previous games after playing in europe, I have the feeling of a draw once again after we fail to break down Boltons one dimensional play.

Expect the Bolton back line hoofing the ball up to the following strikers.

Kev Fat boy Davies

Spit the dog Diouf who goes down quicker than a prossie

Nic I used to be good at Arsenal Anelka

How come the Bolton media are all excited about this fixture and the low prices and the Blackburn media are ignoring it?

So the local rag is doing it's best to let Rovers down again? Arseholes.

As far as the game goes, close game, tipped by whether the ref calls the cheating tactics or not. Can we put a springboard in the box, might make things easier for Spit.

Edited by USABlue

Sadly the game is not on T.V. for me so I am sure it will be a fantastically scrappy hard fought game. If we can pull this one off then I will really feel that Hughes has his men in good physical shape especially after coming off a European win.

Going to pull a Lawro and go for a 1-1 scoreline though.

Edited by heapbag

Going to pull a Lawro and go for a 1-1 scoreline though.

Leave off Lawro. He got eight right and five perfect last weekend. Must be some kind of record.

If only he had a little more faith in the Rovers it could have been nine.

I hope not, but I think it is inevitable that "The Sulk" will get his first goal for Bolton on Sunday.

However, after another slow first half for Rovers they get their bums into gear in the second half and Benni shrugs off those racist morons from Thursday :angry: by scoring a fine brace.

2-1

Would have been at this match but as i had knee surgery yesterday, looks like i'm gonna be laid up on my bed in the halls i think. Hopefully i should be able to move me leg enough to be able to sit down for the Chelsea game on Wednesday but i think even that may be pushing it.

I am gutted, been looking forward to this match for weeks!!!

Anyway as for the match

Rovers 1

notloB 0

27 000 gate with 22 000 screaming Rovers fans dancing down the Bolton road at full time in front of the 5 000 retards from notloB.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.