SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Bolton 1

den

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't do score predicting so i'll just content myself with a few general comments, I'm in agreement with a previous poster about Bolton- They are a tough combative side who can actually play football when they stop trying to constantly launch the ball, we will need to be at our best to win this one, a repeat of the casual play we witnessed for large parts of the Cracow game will see us soundly beaten.

Looking in my paper today they had Ben Haim down at left back for Bolton, if he plays there we could have some joy especially if Bentley is fit, he should be able to get the better of somebody who's got the turning circle of an ocean liner.

I think Mokoena needs to start this game with Tugay or Savage on the bench, depending on who's available we may have to play the formation that ended the game on Thursday, we can not afford to take anybody into this game that is 100% match fit.

Team if Savage and Bentley are fit-

Friedel- Emerton , Oijer , Zurab , Neill- Bentley , Savage , Mokoena , Pedersen- Nonda , McCarthy.

Team if both Savage and Bentley don't make it-

Fiedel- Emerton , Oijer , Zurab , Neill- Jeffers , Mokoena , Mcarthy , Pedersen- Nonda , Roberts.

I think The Trotters play a much better game than the media have them down for. It's a bit like the media calling us bully boys when we were playing fair and square in-your-face football just like Everton.

It will be a difficult, yet entertaining, game.

Expect the usual after-Euro hangover and Anelka and Stellios to put them 2-0 up at half time.

All our second half pressure will only produce one goal, a pen scored by Lucas.

Actually, believe it or not, I haven't a clue and expect not to win a sausage on the lottery either.

Still go for 1-2

CONNECTIONS

Nathan Blake, John Byrom, Paul Comstive, Walter Crook, Malcolm Darling, Kevin Davies, Youri Djorkaeff, Reg Elvy, Per Frandsen, Colin Hendry, George Higgins, Matt Jansen, Glenn Keeley, Andy Kennedy, Bobby Langton, Jason McAteer, Harry McShane, Mark Patterson, Leam Richardson, Stuart Ripley, Mike Salmon, Scott Sellars, Gordon Taylor, Chris Thompson, Andy Todd, Paul Warhurst

Den, there was also Jonathan Walters, the youth team lad who left our club in ignominious circumstances and was immediately snapped up by Wanderers. He is now plying his trade in lower leagues.

bolton to go into a 1-0 ht lead due to the boyz still bein uefa cupd hungover...sparks puts some venom back into them durin the ht interval...benni and nonda give the bolton defence a torrid time 2nd half....2-1 rovers benni and nonda :rover: bolton brag about there massive followin stll forgettin that it was the 15 quid tickets what made them come to ewood and not the performances :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.