BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Bolton 1

den

Why the hell didnt Neill take the fuking pens? Just cos he missed vs Sheff U, he should still be the regular taker as he has a good record!! Why didnt they just wack them instead of all this placing ###### :angry: Thats 10 yrs since we have won at home to notlob in the prem, total farce.

Why the hell should neil take the pens?

I have no problem with Benni or Roberts taking them - I havent seen the misses but it could be that Jaskerlinen (spelling I know) made two good saves - dosent help I know :(

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missing two penalties is simpy not acceptable at this level. However, what I find even more shocking is the complete over reaction to the defeat on here - we've lost one game for gods sake !

We have got, not 1 but 2 chances to get something for our effort. And we BLEW it!

Do Rovers really think they are Barcelona or something?

Bring on Chelsea and West Ham. I cant wait! :unsure:

I'll agree with most others.. f*ckin joke! :angry:

We clearly dominated the first half, holding 61% of possesion, then in the second half, we miss two penalties, by two different strikers.. :blink:

What a sh*t day.. :(

So far we have now missed three penalties, yes?

Edited by AussieinUk

27 shots with 11 on target - no goals + 2 penalties missed

the only player we have who would have thrashed the penalty was pedersen, and he wasnt on the pitch. i'm disappointed by the result, more so because we should at the very least have had a draw, but today was clearly a day where we were quite truely jinxed. its just one of those strange comedy of coincidences which will not happen again this season. what i'm worried about however, is that we play chelsea next, and it would always be tough to get a win against that lot. and after that we play westham at upton park, where we never ever win. by this time next week, we could have lost 3 in a row, and that's what i'm worried about.

Shocking. Not acceptable at this level, or any level really for that matter. Thrown at least a point away and that is something we can't afford to do, even at this stage of the season. Bolton our are rivals, both in the in the local sense and in the table and to hand them three points like that is sickening.

I know that in the cold light of day this may seem knee-jerk, and I never like us losing, but to have missed penalties this year that have cost us at least 4 points is simply horrible.

I would have been happier if we hadn't been given the penalties in the first place. Probably wouldn't have been saying that if we had scored one though

An object lesson in penalty taking is dont shape your body to place it were you end up actually placing the dammed thing. Professional or amateur?

No need to worry for all the Rovers fans out there weve lost this battle but ...who will win the war...?

Rovers of course, but good luck to Bolton and their small band of fans.

I've worked out that our penalty goals difference is zero. We have missed 3 and saved 3 so far this season. Does anybody get that horrible feeling when you know that the keeper is going to save it. I thought Roberts would have blasted one down the middle. Totally gutted but I must learn to accecpt it philosophically.

The worst thing about this single defeat is

NOT the fact we missed 2 penalties

NOt the fact we didnt score

NOT the fact the MGP was nothing short of shocking

NOT the tactics or formation

it was

The sight of that litle cheating Senalgalese scumbag running around Ewood wth heis short off at the end

:angry:

Why the hell should neil take the pens?

I have no problem with Benni or Roberts taking them - I havent seen the misses but it could be that Jaskerlinen (spelling I know) made two good saves - dosent help I know :(

Nope they were both shockingly poor penalties, both placed just to the keepers left, both weak and on the ground. I really thought Roberts was going to do the business as he demanded to take the second even though McCarthy wanted another try. Damn it.

Also, from the replays, the ball looked clearly over the line for our dissalowed header. Can't really blame the ref as it was very quick however he was staring right at it with a clear line of sight.

The defending was woeful for Bolton's goal. Campo lost Neill far too easily for a clear header. Rubbish.

Still, if we can't scored from 2 penalties then really we deserve nothing.

Also, from the replays, the ball looked clearly over the line for our dissalowed header. Can't really blame the ref as it was very quick however he was staring right at it with a clear line of sight.

Anyone clarify that as from were my Dad was sitting (JW upper straight in line) he said it was nowhere near over the line and, apart from Pedersen, no Rovers player in and around the 6 yard box appealed believingly.

Radio Rovers apparantly said it was over but they're more biased than Pyongyang FM

Just back. God I hate Bolton. I hate the way they play, I hate most of their players, I hate Allardyce and I hate most of their fans (especially the n*b in the chippy before the game "IT'S NOT A CHIP BARM IF THE CHIPS AREN'T INSIDE THE BARM! ARE YOU 'KIN IRISH?!" This to the Chinese lady behind the counter). However, being objective, they are probably the most effective team in the premier league at sticking to their game plan. I thought we did very, very well for 60 minutes, despite the ref's best endeavours. We passed it, outplayed them, and should have been 2 up at half time. Once they got their goal I thought their was no way back. Fair play to Hughes - we looked dead-and-buried until the substitutions. Two penalty misses (and they were misses, not saves) :angry: Oh well, at least the crowd was half decent

this has got to be the low point in rovers season so far i would rather watch the portsmouth game again.

I wouldn't go that far. The performance today was actually very very good. We dominated the game and there is no doubt we should have won. But for a bit of dodgy defending, two crap penalties and a very boring Bolton defense, we would have done.

There are by far in away more positives to this game than negatives. Bolton were just plainly lucky on the day.

Anyone clarify that as from were my Dad was sitting (JW upper straight in line) he said it was nowhere near over the line and, apart from Pedersen, no Rovers player in and around the 6 yard box appealed believingly.

Radio Rovers apparantly said it was over but they're more biased than Pyongyang FM

I can confirm it (as I think I said). I saw the replays on TV and it was clearly over.

Just back from the game and Im absolutley gutted.

For one of the first times this season we get nearly a full house and cant win.

Please do not let us turn into England, and practise panatltiesa in training.

Thought we played well in the first half, should have been at least 1-0 up, the ball was over the line, it looked it from the upper tear of the jack walker stand.

The Bolton players, biggest bunch of cheating, moaning, diving barstewards to grace the game.

Once they scored unfortunatley couldnt see anyway back.

Thought Mccarthy had a terrible game.

Gutted :(

We're going to need to start scoring more goals this season if we are to achieve last seasons position (to point out the obvious)....God knows how low Roberts' morale is going to be now.

Shall we try and resign Dickov for penalties only?

Oh how I hate Bolton.

Edited by Somerset Rover!

I have no defence for Rovers today, one miss from 12 yards is careless.

12 misses from twelve yards is indefensible.

Crap as Bolton might be, we werent massively better.

And thanks to the away fans in the boxes behind the blackburn end AGAIN. Tossers.

I can confirm it (as I think I said). I saw the replays on TV and it was clearly over.

Fiar play. I've jsut bet my adamant father a tenner that it was over the line on your say so (he gets rather mad when we lose and challenges anyone opinion with cash!). Rollon Football First. Hope your 'view' isnt biased.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.