BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Bolton 1

den

Absolutly gutted after today. How the referee didn't give a penalty in the first half is beyond me. After Jaskelinen had saved the first penalty Roberts should have just blasted the ball down the middle, no problems.

Bolton have to be the worst footballing team in the league. They don't even try to play anything that resembles proper football, it's like watching Rugby.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans on here will know about Souey and his lady luck well today she certainly was wearing a Bolton shirt , we cant be critisized for our effort which was great we came out of the blocks and really attacked Bolton, the first half seen us maybe score but I would like to see a video replay of that, shouts for a penalty as well late on in first half.

Second half seen us carry on with the attack on the Bolton goal and Wanderers attempts at time wasting when it was goaless and over 30 mins to go.

Then a camp spaniard gets a header to score from a set piece, after this we seem to lose the rythem of the game and really struggled, we get two penalties and Jussi time waste Jasskilinnen dives the right the right way.

All in all a game we should and could have won but the luck just wasnt there and as for Gamst maybe it's time for Peter to have a run in the side and remind Gamst he is not autoatic choice.

As for Diouf the guy is a diving cheating piece of scum who has no place in football, if he is a African player of the year then the people who decide that acolade know nothing about football.

I have no defence for Rovers today, one miss from 12 yards is careless.

12 misses from twelve yards is indefensible.

Crap as Bolton might be, we werent massively better.

And thanks to the away fans in the boxes behind the blackburn end AGAIN. Tossers.

Another woefull performance when its really not needed...

Can you be suprised when fans dont turn up for matches when we put in pub team performances like this.

I mean we finally put in a good attendence and play woefully.

I just hope that sparky has some money to spend in january because if we keep playing like this a 12th - 13th place finish would be good...

Dont give me the better team lost rubbish, its goals that matter in a game and if we cant score them then we dont deserve to win.

Trully shocking that our 2 star signings of the summer missed penalties today, trully shocking...!

:angry::(

Oh and to add, i cant believe Sparky is paying credit for that performance.

Yes we had long spells of ball posetion, but if you dont score with the balls you play then whats the point.

Roberts hasnt scored since he has arrived, benni has looked more like a midfielder up front, Nonda has looked ok in pieces of matches and the only strikers to come out of this season so far looking like there trully trying is franny and gally and they didnt even get a chance today.

One good thing about this game, nice to see Sergio on the pitch again!!

Edited by Rover The Moon

My dislike of Bolton deepens. They are a consistently lucky, invariably ugly side who will always ruin the party. I am really ticked off.

I agree 100% and I did not expect much else from todays game. Obviously shocked we missed 2 pens. Some of the @#/? spouted on here, about page 6 I think beggars belief. I wish those armchairites would watch someone else, same negative drivel from the same people. Have we or have we not just gone 8 games unbeaten, did we or did we not outplay Bolton today.

I agree 100% and I did not expect much else from todays game. Obviously shocked we missed 2 pens. Some of the @#/? spouted on here, about page 6 I think beggars belief. I wish those armchairites would watch someone else, same negative drivel from the same people. Have we or have we not just gone 8 games unbeaten, did we or did we not outplay Bolton today.

Erm??? Have we just finished a 8 game run of no losses with a woeful embaressing loss to Bolton at HOME missing 2 penalties??? YES!!! :blink:

Edited by Rover The Moon

Just got back now and like most of you I am absolutely gutted.

However, what a great game. I thought we played excellently. The atmosphere was good, a full crowd makes a difference. If I am going to be critical perhaps Savage shouldn't have started - he wasn't 100%.

I can't blame the strikers for missing the penalties, it takes alot of bottle to step up and take them. There's a fine line between scoring and missing.

Today it was Bolton's turn to win and have a great away day - but these things are cyclical - our time will come.

Having said all this my hatred of Bolton now runs even deeper. On the way home a Bolton fan spat in my face and said some rather abusive things to my girlfriend - sadly I couldn't really do much given the company he was in (Stone Island gang). But as I say things go round in cirlces so hopefully he falls off a cliff!

Can you be suprised when fans dont turn up for matches when we put in pub team performances like this.

I mean we finally put in a good attendence and play woefully.

I just hope that sparky has some money to spend in january because if we keep playing like this a 12th - 13th place finish would be good...

Dont give me the better team lost rubbish, its goals that matter in a game and if we cant score them then we dont deserve to win.

Trully shocking that our 2 star signings of the summer missed penalties today, trully shocking...!

:angry::(

Oh and to add, i cant believe Sparky is paying credit for that performance.

Yes we had long spells of ball posetion, but if you dont score with the balls you play then whats the point.

Roberts hasnt scored since he has arrived, benni has looked more like a midfielder up front, Nonda has looked ok in pieces of matches and the only strikers to come out of this season so far looking like there trully trying is franny and gally and they didnt even get a chance today.

One good thing about this game, nice to see Sergio on the pitch again!!

Look, I didn't see the game, but you appear to be the only person that thinks we actually played badly. From all the unbiased reports too. And the stats back up the suggestion that we outplayed them. Moreover we had a goal disallowed which- apparently- shouldn't have been. Almost all of your points seem very flawed- Benni '6 goals' McCarthy is more like a midfielder? Hmm. Mr 4th highest ranked striker in the actim index? It isn't like we just had possession, look at the stats. Clearances off the line THREE times. Bolton are just the luckiest scum in existence, and that's what they got, lucky. I absolutely abhor them. Only Man United can compete in the hate stakes for me.

That is the biggest load of tosh I have ever heard. It must be difficult for you to get up in the morning, I mean life is just one big dissappointment isnt it! :wstu:

Roberts hasnt scored, but he's only just come back from injury, McCarthy was very unlucky today- some great saves from their keeper. He'll be frustrated yes, but its pessimism and knee jerk reactions from people like you that is turning fans away from Ewood! I just don't have the words to describe how much you disgust me! Please don't talk about football ever again, it would be a more enjoyable game without you.

Did you actually watch the game or are you just spouting crap again?

Spouting crap again as per usual, from what I heard on Radio 5 we played good football for major periods of the game. People on here are remembering what happened in the last 5mins and forgetting the 85 before it. I'd rather we played like we did today than the abysmal performance we put in against Pompey.

FFS its one loss. For sixty minutes we out played a team who is currently third in the league.

When we beat Chelsea and West Ham no one will give a sh1t about this result.

That's easy for you to say, I live in a village full of Notlobs.

That really hurt. It will hurt for bl00dy weeks.

Wouldn't have hurt as much if we'd missed the pens in the first five minutes instead of the last.

We played them of the park for the most part but they gave us a masterclass in diving, feigning injury, time wasting and every other form of gamesmanship you can think of.

They obviously coach cheating methods down at Euxton.

I'm not having a knee-jerk reaction or anything like that - we lost simply because we were shocking at finishing today. You get these games once, maybe twice a season, like the match at home against Crewe a few years ago when we had about 25 shots ON TARGET but lost 1-0.

However, there are a few things that are starting to worry me and this is based on the season overall not just today;

- Benni McCarthy does not get involved enough for my liking. He doesn't look like the 'predator' that his goal record and current goal-tally suggest. I know this sounds daft as he is our top scorer and doing quite well, but I think he is overrated personally.

- MGP's pace is shocking. I am convinced that I am faster over 100 yards. Today his passing was poor, he didn't get involved and he looked weak. Compare this to his great performance at home to Salzburg and it gets infuriating at times.

- Aaron Mokoena. Is it just me, or does anybody else groan when he gets brought on? Now don't get me wrong, he's very physical and for his size possesses great pace. However, he genuinely looks scared of the ball - he panics! Now it must be hard coming on halfway through a hot-tempered fast-paced game, but regular top-flight substitutes need to be battle-ready.

----------RANT OVER------------

How much more enjoyable is Ewood with a packed house though? One thing I did think when the 27k attendance was announced - where the hell were the four thousand (ish) empty seats? Another tax-fiddle by the Rovers I wonder? :P

We should have had four penalties today,not two. We still would have probably mssed them but still.. :unsure:

How was Fortune not sent off as well. First he got booked for kicking the ball way then leading upto the first penalty he takes Bentley out late then he gets back up and chops down Roberts for the penalty. Yet still no second yellow card.

The way Notlob basically assaulted the ref after both penalty decisions didn't help and it took a couple of minutes before the penalties were taken. This never helps a player when he's about to take a spot-kick. Also it would have been intersting to see if Savage or maybe MGP would have took one if they'd still been on the pitch.

But saying that we should have still won the game comfortable, we had enough chances (even if you exclude the two pens).

Now we know ahow Sheff Utd fans felt after Brad's heroics. :(

Edited by grizfoot

I hope the Blackburn mortuary is well staffed and has plenty of spaces because from the tone of some of the posters on here there will be some shocked Mums & Dads coming home to see little Johnny dangling on the end of a rope from the bannisters.

For goodness' sake, we've lost a game. Yes I know it was to the dreaded Notlob who are, by the way, having an excellent season, but we comprehensively outplayed them for a good percentage of the game.

Maybe you should have been around when Hodgson & Kidd took us down with a back four of Davidson, Peacock, Dailly & Grayson. No that was something to gripe about, and it lasted about 18 long dismal grey months before the drop was confirmed at home to the Red Scum.

The penalties were completely and utterly rubbish though - both terrible, but at least they only cost us one point rather than three as some people are suggesting. If the first one has gone in then the run of play wouldn't have led to the second.

I have no defence for Rovers today, one miss from 12 yards is careless.

12 misses from twelve yards is indefensible.

Crap as Bolton might be, we werent massively better.

And thanks to the away fans in the boxes behind the blackburn end AGAIN. Tossers.

Stu- i was in a box 3 down from the fat Bolton tosser in the box (middle of BBurn End) who was consitently banging on the window and winding the rovers fans up. We put a formal complaint into the rovers- they advised us the police have it all on camera and its up to them what they do-

probably nothing at all but i have to say i had a ding dong argument with him in the toilets after, and made sure he knew he was an absolute disgrace.

:(

i have no problem with away fans respectfully celebrating but he was 100% over the top.

How was Fortune not sent off as well. First he got booked for kicking the ball way then leading upto the first penalty he takes Bentley out late then he gets back up and chops down Roberts for the penalty. Yet still no second yellow card.

A question that I could find no answer to either. Fortune went and hid next to the corner flag and the ref forgot him completely. :angry:

1. The best team lost, but the strongest i.e. most professional and most determined won through a goal scored unforgivably from a free header from a corner. (2 points lost at Anfield for the self same reason?!?)

2. The result will glean no argument from me cos we had enough chances to have won 2 games.

3. Penalties?!? Pathetic offering from two of our most lauded strikers. Pathetic in thier weakness! Like golf and boxing there really is no power to be had when the bodyweight is ON the back foot. For seasoned professional footballers just how bloody amateurish were our efforts at converting pens today?

btw admin is it possible to have a seperate thread for actual attendees rather than having to waste time reading the skewed opinions of our more 'distant friends'?

Radio Rovers said there were 21,000 people at the hospital suffering from shock and trauma after the game...

I wasn't at all surprised at that result. The needless booking for Robbie set the tone of the game, there were at least eight fouls far far worse in the first half which if carded would have led to more than one red! It was only towards the end of the game and too late that the Ref began to get fed up with notlob and wave a few more deserved cards about, and how their goalkeeper didn't get sent off I will never know.

Very disappointed with the penalties, come on lads, you're playing for the mighty Rovers, not good enough. Benni is still too static at times, a few passes coming to him that he should have been expecting but he wasn't ready for. Thought Morten's corners much, much better, we stand a chance of getting a few headers on them if he can keep it up.

I came away from the match thanking the Lord that I don't support Bolton. If Rovers ever start playing that way I'm out of there. Admit it's effective but not for me.

I complained to a Steward about BFS dumping his used chewing gum on our pitch - Steward said it wasn't up to him to do anything :angry: so I caught hold of Kevin Davis on his way out and told him to tell his boss to cut it out in words a lady really shouldn't use......... :unsure::blink:

It's interesting to note that the people who seem to be most vocal in their criticism of rovers' performance today are the ones who didn't manage to see the game at Ewood.

As far as I'm concerned today was, as someone has already said, 'one of those days' where the ball just didn't seem to fall kindly for us in and around the box (how many goalmouth scrambles did we have in their box without getting it over the line), and even when it did fall kindly we were either denied by a good save from the keeper or by a mistake from the referee.

But I have to say I'd rather play the way we did today and lose, than win playing the way (wim)Bolton did today.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.