SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers World

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that, downloaded and used it for RW worked great.

I upgraded! to IE7 last month which has tabbed browsing and it still works fine, I use XP and have 8meg broadband.

Missed the second half commentary last night though, we had a power cut, heavy snow brought down a power line.

Edited by yoda

Hi I'm considering whether or not to sign up to Rovers World. But I'm wondering if it's actually any good?

Do I get to listen to all of the games on Radio or just the Blackburn one. Or am I better off getting the Match Live radio thing??

I've signd up for Roversworld last week, i think it's great.You get to see all the goals and interviews and can downloaad them into your documents,and play them in media player, or whatever.You do need to click a box to aquire a licence.

I'm very impressed with Rovers world, and i pay 3.99 a month (d/debit).it only works out at ,a quid a week./

ps...you can cancel any time,your not forced to have it for the full season.

Edited by ewoodblue

I'm a Mac user.

Me too, no chance of us getting to see the Highlights any time soon then!

DRM creates more problems for users then it solves really.

In some cases the DRM implementation will actually force ligitimate users to try and find the highlights on YouTube and the like!

Edited by roversactive

I will not be renewing my subscription. The video is now choppy on every browser I use, IE6 IE 7 and Maxthon. In fact choppy is not a good description for it its more like a series of still with a little moving action in between. It is worse than my old 233Mhz Pentium2. I don't know what they have done there but they have buggared it up. It used to run so sweet no choppyness no buffering on the high setting crystal clear vid. I have NO problems with any other video but this one. So sick of it they wont get my money next season. Running a Cable Modem which I ran a Vegas speed check on 7.56Meg, ought to be enough. They can kiss my arse.

I have contact them and get the usual answer I have always got, Internet traffic heavy Blah Blah Blah

I'm waiting long time this problem solving. yeah Loooong time.

Par for the course with this outfit.

Edited by USABlue

There are two reasons I don't subscribe anymore myself, IE and DRM.

IE content means I can't use a decent browser, and DRM means I can't watch the videos my preferred way. Why would I want windows on my TV?

If I could use opera, and watch the vids via xbmc I'd subscribe, as there was some quality stuff for members

• 2 weeks later...

I will not be renewing my subscription. The video is now choppy on every browser I use, IE6 IE 7 and Maxthon. In fact choppy is not a good description for it its more like a series of still with a little moving action in between. It is worse than my old 233Mhz Pentium2. I don't know what they have done there but they have buggared it up. It used to run so sweet no choppyness no buffering on the high setting crystal clear vid. I have NO problems with any other video but this one. So sick of it they wont get my money next season. Running a Cable Modem which I ran a Vegas speed check on 7.56Meg, ought to be enough. They can kiss my arse.

I have contact them and get the usual answer I have always got, Internet traffic heavy Blah Blah Blah

Par for the course with this outfit.

To add, mysteriously and all of a sudden my video is now performing marvellously, IE 7 and all. I will monitor the situation closely but if this keeps up Premium Tv can have my money. When the quality is good it's well worth it.

To add, mysteriously and all of a sudden my video is now performing marvellously, IE 7 and all.

I could be way off the mark with this. Over the Christmas holiday I got a phone call purporting to be Rovers (I suspect it was Premium TV) asking if I would renew my subscription. I'd forgotten I was a subscriber so without the phone call I would have had £34.99 debited from card anyway. I said I wouldn't be renewing as the video quality was so poor it wasn't worth watching. She told me "Rovers" were aware of this and there would be great improvement during January. The lady gave me a "Special Offer" of one month for £3.99 ( I didn't know there was a monthly subscription).

To cut the story short, changes were being made in January and defnetely for end of January. I've logged in a few times and found the quality no better until this morning. After USA's post I checked again and the quality is much improved. I'd say it has moved from very poor, not worth watching to OK but not brilliant. I'd expect quality to be similar to a TV picture, it's not quite that, still fuzzy round the edges and filmed from so far away 50% of the action looks like Subutteo.

The pity is I cancelled my subscription a few days back to make sure it didn't get processed ahead of time as the service hadn't improved as promised in the initial phone call.

still fuzzy round the edges and filmed from so far away 50% of the action looks like Subutteo.

I happened to like Subutteo, many many hours whiled away on that game. Perhaps if I squint while I watch it it will take me back to my formative years. Anyway my quality seems a little better than that in High mode at least it flows, I simply can not tolerated the stop start video.

Well I spoke too soon. Performance this morning is back to being garbage. 5-11 seconds of moving video, about the same of stills. Funny though it seems to be isolated to the match video's all the interview come through flawlessly. Anyway the frustration is too much for me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.