BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea (carling Cup)

I think most of the first team needs to be rested.

My Team would be:

---------------------Brown----------------------------

-----Neill-----Todd---- Henchoz ---- McEveley -----

----Nonda---------- Axe-------- Peter ---------------

------------------- Gallagher -------------------------

------------- Jeffers------ Roberts -------------------

It looks quite an attacking team that. :)

Edited by grizfoot

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My team would be:

Friedel

Kane

Todd

Henchoz

Gray

Gallagher

Mokoena

Savage

Peter

Roberts

Jeffers

If Savage is fit it makes no sense leaving him out when he's suspended for weekend anyway - rest him then. We really do lack right back cover after Emo and Neill

I reckon we've more chance of winning the League Cup than the UEFA Cup and whilst I reckon our first 11 would get past Chelsea reserves it's a big ask for our fringe players.

Remember we need to get 6th in the league or win a cup to get into europe next season - and as there's loads of teams capable of getting those top 6 places the cup competitions have to take a very real priority. However, priorities may be forced upon Hughes by injuries and sheer fatigue.

-----------------------------------Friedel-----------------------------

-----Neill----------Khizanishvili----------Ooijer----------Gray-----

-----Bentley--------Mokoena-----------Emerton--------Peter-----

----------------------McCarthy-----------Nonda--------------------

Substitutes: Brown, McEveley/Todd, Gamst/Gallagher, Roberts, Savage/Jeffers

I think that line-up is a decent chance. Hughes has said he is not afraid to use his squad, but on the other hand he wants to win every game that comes our way. This is a compromise between both of those opposing forces.

There is no pressing reason to change our goalkeeper or our central defence pairing. They should be able to handle if looked after properly by the fitness staff.

With Tugay pushing on in years I certainly wouldn't want him to play this game, and with Savage injured/tired (and Reid injured too), it looks like a makeshift central midfielder needs to be moved in. Emerton has done the job there for Australia and I'm sure he could do a job for us. He can run all day and should prove a good temporary replacement for Savage.

To make up for the right back position we could move Neill back there and bring in Gray again on the left.

In the wide midfield positions, Bentley is doing well and most of our play is being channeled through him, so it wouldn't be the wisest thing to drop him. Gamst has been playing terribly and that terrible miss in the UEFA Cup has made it clear in my mind that he needs to be dropped at some point. Now could be the time to continue the development of Peter.

Up front I don't know much about the condition of McCarthy and Nonda. Whatever the case, I'm sure they can both start at least and substitutions can be made as appropriate.

Whilst the Mirror have got some transfer rumours wrong before why would they say Savage is out for a month.

We certainly would not comment on it until his injury settles down - probably will find out tomorrow at the pre-match press conference.

If he is out for a month we are screwed.

i wish ozziezones, lets just say i've had a few problems the past few weeks, nothing serious though and havent been online for ages, cpu problems too. been working on my match preview though, hope you all likes? i posted it today.

all this talk of savage out for a month is rubbish, media and the rags. he could be back for sunday, nothing is impossible!

i wish ozziezones, lets just say i've had a few problems the past few weeks, nothing serious though and havent been online for ages, cpu problems too. been working on my match preview though, hope you all likes? i posted it today.

all this talk of savage out for a month is rubbish, media and the rags. he could be back for sunday, nothing is impossible!

well I'm willing to bet you he won't play on sunday!! are you bold enough to bet against me? I'm thinking of a fair amount of money here..

Edited by pks1984

From bbc.co.uk......

Blackburn's Robbie Savage looks certain to miss the Carling Cup tie after complaining of a knee problem.

David Bentley (hamstring) and Andre Ooijer (bruised ribs) are both doubtful for the match at Ewood Park.

Chelsea team news to follow later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackburn (from): Friedel, Neill, Khizanishvili, Tugay, Emerton, Bentley, Nonda, McCarthy, Pedersen, Mokoena, Jeffers, Gallagher, Ooijer, Brown, Gray, Peter, McEveley, Todd, Roberts.

Edited by SuperStella

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.