BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea (carling Cup)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's important-despite it being an opportunity to rest a few players-that we don't get stuck in a losing streak. We have four very tricky fixtures in the league to come up so it's imperative that morale in the squad is high.

Oh and how great would it be to beat Chelsea and to see Jose declaring that they didn't want to win it anyway?

Not many ''youngsters'' in the squad

I think for home games we don't have a 'squad' as such. Any of our players an be selted as they don't need to travel.

I'm pretty sure the Beeb just has a guess at who is available, obviously taking into consideration injurys and suspensions.

All of that said however, I would be extremely suprised if we put anyone outside those the Beeb have mentioned. we have no need for youngsters (outside the obvious Gally and Peter) to step in exept possibly in central midfield. And we do not appear to have any decent young central midfielders coming through.

Incidentally, with Ooijer injured you have to wonder who will come in. The Axe is in CM, Todd is out of favour, Matteo is useless, McEverly is injured (I think!) . My guess would be Niell at CB and Gray at LB.

I think Pedersen too would be best. But I dread the scenario if he missed...he'd get lynched!

It makes you wonder if he was still on the pitch on Sunday if he'd have taken one of the two.

He's scored a penalty before hasn't he, just goes for power.

as far as I know it takes a week for the ban to start? if not I've made a fool of myself :P

I think I have read the bolton are without Nolan for his double yellow card in the midweek game so I cant really understand why Savage isnt banned if thats correct.

in any case it suits us to get out of this comp at this stage as long as its a close defeat if you understand my meaning

I think I have read the bolton are without Nolan for his double yellow card in the midweek game so I cant really understand why Savage isnt banned if thats correct.

in any case it suits us to get out of this comp at this stage as long as its a close defeat if you understand my meaning

Didn't Nolan get a yellow and a straight red. So he misses the next one cos it was a straight red (the fa made the ban for the red 2 games), then he's banned for a 3rd game because he accumulated 5 yellows

Surely moaninho will significantly rotate his squad - Champions league is his priority, I am sure he was bleating last week about too many games for his tired rent boys. Add in an early am return to the smoke and playing the bully boys, I expect to see a very different Chelsea team from the weekend.

Put out a side from that reported squad and Rovers to win 2 - 1 with no credit to Rovers from the southern journos as usual.

Put out a side from that reported squad and Rovers to win 2 - 1 with no credit to Rovers from the southern journos as usual.

Papers will report the Chelsea team reflects Moanrenios commitment to delivering the Permiership and European Cup this season.

Blackburns will have put a very strong team out desperate to keep fighting on all fronts to reach the hights of last seasons over-achievement from a small northern club, who has lost its benefactor.

Rovers 2 chelsea 0

You read the papers here first!

Papers will report the Chelsea team reflects Moanrenios commitment to delivering the Permiership and European Cup this season.

Blackburns will have put a very strong team out desperate to keep fighting on all fronts to reach the hights of last seasons over-achievement from a small northern club, who has lost its benefactor.

Rovers 2 chelsea 0

You read the papers here first!

I would think Jose will have his work cut out to break through Kevin keegan's monopoly on that one.

There are some things you just can't win...

I was just going to post that Hughes on Radio Lancs was saying that he was treating this competition seriously, it had been good to us last season and we were playing the champions. There were one or two players who had knocks who couldn't play but he would be putting out a strong team.

Headline on teletext is that Jose wants to win the cup again.

I was just going to post that Hughes on Radio Lancs was saying that he was treating this competition seriously, it had been good to us last season and we were playing the champions. There were one or two players who had knocks who couldn't play but he would be putting out a strong team.

Headline on teletext is that Jose wants to win the cup again.

Saw the Mourinho's interview on SSN this morning, and he does indeed want to win it, but came across as still not being high on his win-list. Also seemed to give credit to Hughes too!! :blink:

I'd take a loss tonight in exchange for three points on Sunday. Just my opinion of course.

I think most people would agree with you on that. The league has to be priority - but as we don't have to choose - let's just win both games :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.