BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United 2-1 Our beloved rovers

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a serious half time teamtalk from the manager here and I hope we're able to hold on until halftime without conceding again. We're not creating anything at all, our defending is uninspired and our passing is bloody awful. We keep giving it away and letting them put pressure on us.

We are really missing Sav here.

This is perhaps the most uninspiring performance of the season so far (Pompey excluded). The worrying thing is that I don't see how we can change it.

Losing Roberts is a massive blow, we have no presence up front. Benni won't head it and somebody tells me Jeffers is playing, but I am yet to see him.

That first half has left me furious. We can't be that bad in the second half.

Why are we even out there on the field with this mentality ??

West Ham are as bad as their form suggests, but as scripted we're just calmly and quietly giving them everything they want. The defending for Sheringham's goal did not exist, an 80 year-old man would have scored. Up front we have done nothing dangerous, and no matter where we get the ball we always look to just hoof it up. Peter is getting involved in a lot of things, unforunately including a few good set pieces that he wasted. We're missing Savage to the extreme, we're barely giving them a fight in midfield. Unless Hughes gives them a good hiding and we come out an enitrely different teem in the 2nd half, the predicted will happen.

That has to be one of the most lethargic first half performances from Rovers for a while, there is truly a lack of creativity within the team and there is a sinking feeling that with Gray this defence will not cope with either Sheringham or when Harewood enters as his replacement.

All Whams play is targetting Gray's lack of football defensiveness and height.

Bentley has the making of a great player but why cant he see through Mccartney ? He can beat him every time but just seems not wanting too.

Tugay is simply too overcrowded by reo-Coker as The Axe is too far off him and offers not an ounce of protection.

McCarthey needs to link with Jeffers NOT come deep as it leave 4 defenders with one attacker.

Positives - only a 1 goal deficit at the moment, Sergio can get the better of Spector, Rovers have the capability of getting a point but its whether they are up for it.

Negatives - plenty. The defence cannot cope with a 40y old ! They are wide open every time down the left flank.

MHughes - take Gray off for McEveley and even the defence up. Once Tugay tires then enter Gally, our Saviour for the day.

heres hoping for a better second half from Rovers. :brfc:

Im listening to 5live, with a commentary by John Motson. He is so bias towards west ham I could throw the radio out the window.

Although West Ham have been average at best and as annoying as John Motson is I don't think we could argue if he said that Rovers have produced one of the worst footballing halves by a team this season-devoid of ideas, sloppy at the back, nobody tracking their players etc. We havent created one chance and McCarthy-who should be our biggest threat looks so disinterested it's untrue.

Lets get at them!

Edited by Somerset Rover!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.