BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United 2-1 Our beloved rovers

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just depressing... especially with the way we controlled the second half.

As a sidenote, listening to these announcers you'd be hard-pressed to figure that there are two teams playing. When Rovers dominate for a spell, it's, "Oh, West Ham look a bit tentative here."

Edit: even more depressing when you consider that the corner West Ham got that gave them that goal actually came off Zamora's arm.

Edited by Philly Rover ®

Just depressing... especially with the way we controlled the second half.

As a sidenote, listening to these announcers you'd be hard-pressed to figure that there are two teams playing. When Rovers dominate for a spell, it's, "Oh, West Ham look a bit tentative here."

Edit: even more depressing when you consider that the corner West Ham got that gave them that goal actually came off Zamora's arm.

Bingo - it took me a while to realise we were in the match! Typical London club bias.

As for the game, well it's a joke - Wham of old; get extremely lucky and take an undeserved three points.

What a load of rubbish. We've dominated that game but we have been caught out twice and paid for it. The second goal shouldn't even have happened. When was the last time West Ham kept a clean sheet?! When was the last time Hayden Mullins scored?!

Shocking. :angry:

Edited by Rovermatt

Did they learn how to defend corner??? Last time lose a corner to liverpool and this time to westham (a lot more before). Did they forget to train defend corner???

Second thing, as I have said before, we did not have enough player. Our player seems very tired. Just I said after we lose to portsmouth, please hughes give up europe.

We all knew this would happen, just typical Rovers behaviour but even so this is extremely embarrasing. West Ham have been rubbish this season and yet we make them look like world beaters. Our first half was shocking and although we improved in the second you would still be hard pressed to see where the goals would come from. Fair enough we've had injuries but we should have been able to do better than this rubbish.

Before we get the usual drivel on here lets put one thing straight.

THERE IS ONLY ONE TEAM IN THE FA PREMIER LEAGUE THAT CAN GO TO THEIR BOGEY GROUND AND DOMINATE POSSESSION TO THE TUNE OF 65%-35% AND STILL MANAGE TO LOSE.

THAT TEAM IS BLACKBURN ROVERS

2-1 is a sorry defeat against a very poor team, injury to Roberts as well makes me think that this week and in particular our favourite month of November is going to be HELL.

heaven help us :tu:

Jeffers nearly scored from a very good Gallagher cross.

I thought Gally and Peter were the only bright points from a miserable, miserable afternoon. After Basel our next 3 fixtures are Villa away, Utd and then Spurs home. Sav, Reid and Nelsen must've been cringing watching that. Sparky said before the game that he was interested to see how the 'squad' as a whole would do...I think he got a resounding answer.

Edited by Somerset Rover!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.