BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ticket Office Telephone Bookings

ace

Is it just me or is the ticket office completely understaffed at the moment?

6 calls in the last 2 days have remained unanswered ( 1 after waiting up to 20 minutes!)

Is this a clever marketing ploy to generate more income!

I know of reasons for this......only because I asked and don't ask me to explain the whys and wherefores....

1. we have a lot of games on sale ~ Chelsea, the Euro bundle, West Ham, Villa, United. That's six games and plenty of folk will be ring for more than one ticket and for more than one game

2. There's people ringhing to enquire about Feyenord

3. The Euro bundle. When I booked mine this took ages. I wanted eight tickets in total for the two games. Although we are season ticket holders if buying the bundle each ticket has to be processed/re-priced for each game. I don't know why but it's what the very pleasant young man on the phone told me.

4. The Euro matches can't be booked online because of the price struture

In short we're busy, which must be good news................now wait for the slagging off of the TO for not coping with demand, frustrating those who want to return, rubbish online system etc. etc.

Paul,

It's not a case of people just wanting to slag the Ticket Office. It is genuinely a problem. I have tried for the last 2 days but I cannot sit on the phone especially to an 0870 number for 30 mins plus. I can understand why they are busy but it doesn't help me and if someone who considers themselves pretty loyal is getting extremely peeed off then imagine if I was just ringing on the off chance for tomorrow night. At a time when the club are trying every thing they can to shift more tickets, it's a little unfortunate to say the least.

Yes, I agree it is a serious problem but not one that will be solved if we get the usual round of how useless the TO is. On the whole they do a good job and are very accomodating. Quite what the club can do at present is difficult to say.

The one solution I'd offer is all admin staff be trained in selling tickets. There should be spare PC terminals available for busy periods, after all a PC is cheap as chips these days, and when demand is there everyone takes the calls and forgets about their usual job. Only one thing more important than selling tickets and that's winning football matches. When the customer wants product forget everything else and ship it.

On the other hand it won't be all bad if word gets around that you need to act early to avoid the queue at Ewood Park or on the phone.

No, but they could at least cut the 5 minutes of pre recorded bull i've altready read online you have to go through to find out that you are no 40 in a queue.

The floating fan could easily decide that it could be easier watching the game in the pub.

I was down at the ticket office yesterday buying 13 tickets (3 for Chelsea, 2 for West Ham and 4 for each Euro match) and I was surprised by how quickly I was dealt with, given there were different numbers for each match and I had a child and a young adult in the mix - I was ready for a long stretch. There were 4 windows open and there was a steady stream of custom so i guess they're just really stretched at the minute.

PS 11 home tickets for £75 and 2 West Ham for £64!!!

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Oct 24 2006, 17:01 ) 454978[/snapback]

No, but they could at least cut the 5 minutes of pre recorded bull i've altready read online you have to go through to find out that you are no 40 in a queue.

The floating fan could easily decide that it could be easier watching the game in the pub.

I agree 100%. It took five minutes to listen to all the pre-recorded stuff, I was number seven it the queue and it took me 20 minutes in total. If I had known the waiting time was 20 minutes at the outset I would have given up and tried at another time. A twenty minute phone call when there are only six people ahead of you in the queue is pretty poor.

Gotta say I went today for 14 tckts for the next 3 cup games. Not only stunning to look at but the girl behind the screen could not have been politer, pleasenter or more helpful. Odd thing is that she had a lovely accent that pointed to a public school education! Are they paying them more nowadays?

btw the lot came to £110.

I discussed this with one of the staff down there, this seasons initiatives have caused a few IT & Software issues it seems,

i.e. Season Ticket Holder, wants own seat, Cup Reduced, UEFA Cup Reduced, UEFA Cup x 2 Reduced, any combination or all of the above + or - Seniors, Juniors, Disabled etc etc.

Essentially, each IT user has to generate the enquiries and lock that seat / part of stand whilst they furnish all the requests, only then is it unlocked for the next user.

i.e. Sounds like they've had to bend the software in a hurry / on the fly and it isn't coping that well, needs a tune, cleanse & re index.

I could supply some guys to sort it but then again, not sure the Co Op Group would be too happy with all their stores, depots, outlets & customers stuff going to rat pooh in the interim, priorities though! :lol:

p.s. Everyone got their application forms for Feyenoord in? (1st come 1st served)

Gotta say I went today for 14 tckts for the next 3 cup games. Not only stunning to look at but the girl behind the screen could not have been politer, pleasenter or more helpful. Odd thing is that she had a lovely accent that pointed to a public school education! Are they paying them more nowadays?

btw the lot came to £110.

The Blonde girl ???..... She should feature in the match day program, page 3 ....sell a few more

Edited by 3rdpillar

I ordered my tickets for tonights match and the two European matches well over a week ago and when they had not arrived last Friday I rang the ticket office. They told me that they could not issue duplicates until the day of the match and to ring them today and they would have the duplicate waiting at the cabin for me to pick up tonight.

I just rang and found that I was 60th in the queue. Stuff that!

Now I am going to have to drive to the ground to sort it out and I'll probably have to do it twice more for the European games.

What sort of service is that? I've also been charged an extra £2 for using my debit card!

I'm not best pleased. :angry:

i.e. Sounds like they've had to bend the software in a hurry / on the fly and it isn't coping that well, needs a tune, cleanse & re index.

I[/quote

Something I was going to mention.

Got my Euro tickets at the weekend and it took twenty minutes to get the 2 - apparently its beacuase they have to enter all the details again and then confirm the prices etc if S/T holder - it doesn't appear as if the system can cope with just your account number.

Further to add - guy at the next window was having a do as he had purchased the two Euro games and the Chelsea ticket at the same time over the phone - now the two Euro games had come in the post together but no sign of the Chelsea ticket (his father had called on his behalf on Wednesday as he was in Poland) - don't know what happened but he stated about his worry re the game coming up - then t/o said something about waiting for his dad and he stomped off not vey happy at all.

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

Had to give up as never got near the front of the queue. Thankfully Stuwilky has very kindly offered to get my tickets as he's had to give up on the phone and go down. I reckon it's just so he can perv at this girl they all talk about. Cheers anyway Stu. :tu:

:ph34r:

She wasnt there though.

The guy at the office also told me that they have been having problems with the credit card suppliers (as has my wife at work) numerous transactions are being rejected without authorisation being attempted.

I blame the IT people (most things are their fault anyway)

:ph34r:

She wasnt there though.

The guy at the office also told me that they have been having problems with the credit card suppliers (as has my wife at work) numerous transactions are being rejected without authorisation being attempted.

I blame the IT people (most things are their fault anyway)

I blame Dean Saunders!!! ( booked my tickets in about 2minutes using email!)

Well the 'rush' meant the database went out the window last night - which is the main argument against cash turnstiles for games like that.

Doesn't help when some greb at the front holds everyone up cause his mates haven't given him enough cash to pay for his tickets - mates like that shafting you (and indavertantly every other fan in the queue) who needs enemies!

14,000 in last night most of them kids - will reap rewards but will need more initiatives and a lot of time to come to fruition.

A bold move by the board but seems to be working....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.