BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Simon Garner Shirt On E-bay

A replica rovers shirt from late 80's early 90's went for £115.00 last week. Couldn't believe it. I would have paid £50 for it as it looked in pretty good nick. It was an old shirt made by ellgren (sp?) with the new badge and a Perspex sponsor. Very nice shirt.

No real evidence it was ever worn by Garner, unlikely in fact. Signature looks like a kids done it!

Hadn't noticed there was a picture of the signature till I read the thread again. I have, in front of me now, a copy of "Blackburn Rovers FC - A Pictorial History 1875-1988" by Peter White. Nicky Reid had this signed for me by the entire first team squad and the Simon Garner signature in no way matches the one on the e-bay shirt.

On that basis I'd say the signature is false and the shirt is probably not a match-worn Simon Garner shirt.

As a matter of interest I have the last Rovers home shirt used by Colin Hendry. It is signed, by Hendry and Kevin Gallagher, and was match worn when he captained the home side in a charity match at Ewood. Also have a photograph of me, Hendry, Gally and my lad stood in the BBE goalmouth from the same event. Hendry is wearing the shirt. What would that be worth? Not that it's for sale. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hadn't noticed there was a picture of the signature till I read the thread again. I have, in front of me now, a copy of "Blackburn Rovers FC - A Pictorial History 1875-1988" by Peter White. Nicky Reid had this signed for me by the entire first team squad and the Simon Garner signature in no way matches the one on the e-bay shirt.

On that basis I'd say the signature is false and the shirt is probably not a match-worn Simon Garner shirt.

As a matter of interest I have the last Rovers home shirt used by Colin Hendry. It is signed, by Hendry and Kevin Gallagher, and was match worn when he captained the home side in a charity match at Ewood. Also have a photograph of me, Hendry, Gally and my lad stood in the BBE goalmouth from the same event. Hendry is wearing the shirt. What would that be worth? Not that it's for sale. :)

Worth quite a bit my friend.

But how about Alan Shearer's sweaty worn training jacket from the day when he scored his 300th and 301st career goals on the day Blackburn defeated Newcastle 5-2. I know its a Newcastle jacket (ntl sponsored) and got him to sign it the year after.

I decided that he was good enough to hand it over and asked if he wanted it back then he could if it meant so much to him. He said he never takes any tops or boots back that he gives away. Absolute legend.

• 4 weeks later...