BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Nancy Boys Are Coming

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Hughes will play a stong team but bring in Derbyshire and Peter from the start.

I would play

----------------Friedel------------

Neill----Ooijer----Todd©---Gray

Bentley--Tugay--Savage--Peter

---Derbyshire----McCarthy-----

If Jeffers is fit I would like to think he would play a large part of the game, possibly start him with McCarthy and bring Derbyshire on at halftime.

Result - Rovers 2 Nancy 0

Attendance 10'351.

Edited by Jordan

I can't see why you wanna play Bentley and not Pedersen Jordan?? Bentley was sh1te yesterday and Pedersen had a decent game for chance (at least 2nd half)

and don't let me start on McCarthy :angry: he's work rate is absolutely shocking! he just walks back to the halfway line after an attack and prevents Rovers from using him in the next attack, and if they does he's getting caught offside all the time.

If Jeffers is fit, this is my line up:

---------Friedel---------

Neill - Ooijer - Todd© - Gray

Gallagher - Tugay - Savage - Pedersen

Derbyshire - Jeffers

although we all know that McCarthy will play anyway...hopefully Derbyshire will be given a chance instead of Nonda though.

I can't see why you wanna play Bentley and not Pedersen Jordan?? Bentley was sh1te yesterday and Pedersen had a decent game for chance (at least 2nd half)

and don't let me start on McCarthy :angry: he's work rate is absolutely shocking! he just walks back to the halfway line after an attack and prevents Rovers from using him in the next attack, and if they does he's getting caught offside all the time.

If Jeffers is fit, this is my line up:

---------Friedel---------

Neill - Ooijer - Todd© - Gray

Gallagher - Tugay - Savage - Pedersen

Derbyshire - Jeffers

although we all know that McCarthy will play anyway...hopefully Derbyshire will be given a chance instead of Nonda though.

Pedersen was crap on Saturday, granted he scored a cracking goal but didn't do much else IMO whereas Bentley did have a poor game however he has been performing alot better than Gamst so far this season.

I also think that by dropping Pedersen he will realise that his name does not automatically put itself on the team sheet and hopefully that will benefit him and Rovers in the long run.

Pedersen was crap on Saturday, granted he scored a cracking goal but didn't do much else IMO whereas Bentley did have a poor game however he has been performing alot better than Gamst so far this season.

I also think that by dropping Pedersen he will realise that his name does not automatically put itself on the team sheet and hopefully that will benefit him and Rovers in the long run.

I thought he was a lot better than we have seen him recently, and maybe the fact that he got substituted at half time against charlton gave him a wake up call (he did state in the norwegian media that he felt a bit hurted by being taken off, and was looking forward to the newcastle game to improve himself). Bentley has been very good for us in the start of the season, having played all (or at least most) games for us so far, and with him being taken off at half time in the last two games, he's maybe getting a bit complacent about his position in the team (along with Pedersen) and needs a game on the bench.

of course I wouldn't mind Peter and Gally in the starting line-up, but we all know that is far too unrealistic so I decided to drop Bentley this time :tu:

Edited by pks1984

I sincerely doubt Matt Derbyshire will be starting up front, he looked - at best - lightweight against Newcastle. I wouldn't mind though, because pace and work rate is sorely missed upfront. Anyway, we'll continue our good run in Europe with a 2-1 win.

Now please send us somewhere sunny for the next round of the UEFA! :)

im gonna go for 0-0.

we are a knife with a decent and sturdy-ish handle.....but with a blunt blade!!!!!

my dad hit the nail on the head at the start of this season......"Son, they wont replace bellamy and its gonna be a tough long season".........i hate it when hes right, but its sure looking like he was :(

Edited by elwaxo

Hopefully Hughes will play a stong team but bring in Derbyshire and Peter from the start.

I would play

----------------Friedel------------

Neill----Ooijer----Todd©---Gray

Bentley--Tugay--Savage--Peter

---Derbyshire----McCarthy-----

If Jeffers is fit I would like to think he would play a large part of the game, possibly start him with McCarthy and bring Derbyshire on at halftime.

Result - Rovers 2 Nancy 0

Attendance 10'351.

I think Pedersen will play. Hughes likes his defensive attributes and he has just scored. I just can't see him being dropped.

Jeffers or Derbyshire starting is much more likely. Nonda's half time substitution against Toon and his terrible performance against Charlton all point toward it. In fact I think Jeffers would have started against Toon if he was fit.

Todd's not going to get the armband. Or if he does it's bizarre since Hughes has frozen him out for months, even resorting to signing player to take his place. I am suprised Savage doesn't get it, clearly the best man fo rthe job. Tugay would be fine too.

I think this is a really tough game and for me it feels rather like our first 2 seasons in EUFA where we went out because of losing at home; at times we were a little gungho and ended up conceding a silly goal. Nancy don't concede many, our goal scoring record is very poor at the moment so I fear we might go chasing a goal and end up conceding.

Straight to the point and no doubt this will upset some people.

I hope we finish second in the group and are then drawn away to Benfica and exit with our heads held high to concentrate fully on Premiership survival....our bread and butter.

Pride has been restored this campaign but enough is enough,its proving to be a massive drain on team resources.I'm sorry but thats how I feel now.

1-1

Att: 8,000.....not much interest anyway.

Personally, I'd rather upend one quality team before we go out.

Straight to the point and no doubt this will upset some people.

I hope we finish second in the group and are then drawn away to Benfica and exit with our heads held high to concentrate fully on Premiership survival....our bread and butter.

Pride has been restored this campaign but enough is enough,its proving to be a massive drain on team resources.I'm sorry but thats how I feel now.

1-1

Att: 8,000.....not much interest anyway.

I couldn't disagree more with that, winning breeds confidence and by the same token losing quickly becomes a habit.

I really disagree with the excuse that our poor League form is down to UEFa participation, it's down to the fact that our squad is too thin, especially in midfield, and we were unable to cope with a few injuries. The long term absentees would still have been ruled out whether we were in Europe or not.

I think we desperately need a really good performance and preferably a win to boost confidence going into three extremely difficult League games.

In the new Year an extended run in the competition might just give us the buzz and impetus to get out of trouble in the same way as winning the Worthington Cup did in 2002.

I'm afraid my attempts to find some Nancy fans has failed as, having now been approved by their admin, I cannot post a topic as there is always an error. Someone else can try, they appear to have good number of expat supporters in England so I'm sure that even a post in English should get a good response.

I couldn't disagree more with that, winning breeds confidence and by the same token losing quickly becomes a habit.

I really disagree with the excuse that our poor League form is down to UEFa participation, it's down to the fact that our squad is too thin, especially in midfield, and we were unable to cope with a few injuries. The long term absentees would still have been ruled out whether we were in Europe or not.

I think we desperately need a really good performance and preferably a win to boost confidence going into three extremely difficult League games.

In the new Year an extended run in the competition might just give us the buzz and impetus to get out of trouble in the same way as winning the Worthington Cup did in 2002.

Good post Rev - I fully agree with what you have said. However I do think that Hughes could have used his squad players more wisely. Todd has only been brought back in...if his spell on the sidelines was due to disciplinary issues than it should only have been for something very serious and not just, as is rumoured, for his agent looking for a new team (and related to the Panorama programme)...after all, didn't stop Lucas getting the armband did it? Not only that but Peter and Jeffers should have been given a bit more playing time to both give them a chance and to let other players have a bit of a rest every now and then. If 4-5-1 had been used at some away games then likewise one of the front two could have had a game off or at least one when they didn't have to play it all. I'm no fan of Matteo either (is anyone?) but surely we could have used him a bit more? We have a bunch of players (especially the internationals) who have been playing two games nearly every week and we seem to have been on the receiving end of more niggling injuries as a result.

Still...it has happened now so no point giving up just because of one game. We need to go out and win this...we will have to play two games anyway in the next round so we might as well try and make the best of it. Hughes could use this game to try out a couple of players who we haven't seen as much of. Maybe Derbyshire instead of Nonda (his partnership with Benni ain't working) and Peter given a start for a change. If it all goes pear-shaped then...hey...that is what half-time subs are for! ;)

The team is crying out for some new ideas and some new faces though so we might as well have a go at spicing it up a bit! :tu:

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.