BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Nancy Boys Are Coming

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

derbyshire and benni played well upfront i thought, benni drops deep and doesn't get caught offside then ya see!!

derbyshire isn't a target man who will out muscle the centre half but he makes some smart runs down the channels and behind the defence!!

it it just me or do eurosport hate us? the commentry was @#/? again!!

Football never ceases to amaze me...an understrength side, a crap performance and hey ho what do you know!

Onwards we go with this crazy European adventure :rover:

it it just me or do eurosport hate us? the commentry was @#/? again!!

I've said it before and will again....If f'kin British Euro sport have chosen to show our games at least give us some credit you bunch of cretins!! :angry:

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Does anyone know what happened with the celebration?

Does anyone have the goal on you tube for that matter? i havent got eurosport

He put it in the back of the net, ran the length of the pitch, cupped his hand to those that had been booing him (as they were all cheering) and then proceeded to tell them where to go. Cue more arguments in the Jack Walker.

As the guys next to me said, they've never booed him before, but after that petulant act they will now. Fair play if you ask me, he's meant to be a professional.

As for the game, absolutely dire once again. If Nancy could finish they'd have been out of sight.

Topping the league is always fun, regardless of the performance. As long as the players don't think that the corner has been turned hopefully we can take some confidence from this result into out next game. The break from European distractions for a while will no doubt do us some good over the coming weeks as well (either that or we'll find out that it really was a crap excuse for our poor league form).

Edited by Radagast

Just arrived back home.

Lets just say that result is a freak of nature !

A totally crap game were we were clearly second best in EVERY department, we go and score in the 92nd minute and its a wantaway Lucas Neill that notches a fantastic finish. IRONY at its best.

A few subtle observations on a night Mark Hughes sent out a Rovers 11 to win a game and to top the group.

I couldnt figure Rovers formation out early doors, they were just simply awful as a team. It didnt improve after the break. Rovers couldnt win any second ball, were second best in the tackle, were slow and lethargic and couldnt string a series of pass going FORWARDS. Across the pitch we were fantastic, ditto going backwards.

McEveley was crap, same for Sergio and Gallagher. These three potential youngsters had the chance and not one took it. The Axe was uselss in the middle, he gave far too many easy balls away and could easily have seen red. Bentley was shocking until the last 3 minutes.

Thats the negatives out of the way.

A big plus for young Nolan who I thought did quite well despite his inexperience. I actually felt sorry for Todd who looked comfortable until he went off injured. I wonder how that leaves us for Saturday ! Derbyshire did his bit and missed his golden chance in the first half to make himself a Blackburn End hero. Savage was clearly the MOTM. Andre huffed and puffed and got himself a yellow, does this mean he misses the away leg ?

Lucas Neill's finish was well, simply the only highlight of a drab dead rubber of a game. The frogs had clearly come to get a point although they had the better chances. My overall view of them is that they lived up to their usual standards, diving cheating froggies ! It is no wonder they are despised by The English.

Did anyone in the Lower JW stand notice the bust up between the managers ? What was all that about ?

Crowd of 12k plus was a bonus on a cold damp night, we all had a nice cheer at the end with Lucas's celebration. Yes cobber we saw you score but your still a plonker if you think you can have your bread any better elsewhere and become a world star.

So what did Rovers do tonight to sit amongst Europes second best tier of teams ?

They sit proudly as another of England table topping teams but have they caused any ruffles ? Me thinks not and thank christ we will miss the better teams in the next round. Our European record this season reads like never before, played 6, won 4 drawn 2. Unbeaten away at pretty hostile places, can the Rovers mystery tour continue ? A nice handy draw would go down well, with not too far to travel.

bring it on Friday :brfc:

crap game, crap performance, and I don't blame Neil for be angry with the BBE boo boys.

I must be mad...bought a ticket for Reading.

Captain Mike

I can confirm that YOU ARE MAD :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.