BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Nancy Boys Are Coming

Tony cascarino was in the studio for eurosport last night who played at nancy, he was saying kim has blistering pace to burn but cannot finish, scored 1 all last season in 31 games if my sleep addled memory was correct.

Fair enough-he gets into good positions though and with a McCarthy like player beside him could no doubt score more goals.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did well against MILLWALL, He hasnt done anything against decent opposition. Rovers 6 you havent even seen Peter play, yet you keep championing him. The out of form Morten brief cameo replacing him really spelled out the gulf in class between the two.

Am I the only one who isnt impressed with Peter then? He couldnt even beat their right back last night. Where as slowcoach Gally near the start after dropping deep skinned him putting in a cracking cross, he caused their right back more trouble then Peter did in the whole game.

What is Tim Sherwoods problem with Rovers, hes seem a very bitter man. Its rare you get commentators having sly digs at their old club where they made their name. Did Sherwood used to slag us off when Souness was in charge?

Edited by wakefieldrawks

He did well against MILLWALL, He hasnt done anything against decent opposition. Rovers 6 you havent even seen Peter play, yet you keep championing him. The out of form Morten brief cameo replacing him really spelled out the gulf in class between the two.

Am I the only one who isnt impressed with Peter then? He couldnt even beat their right back last night. Where as slowcoach Gally near the start after dropping deep skinned him putting in a cracking cross, he caused their right back more trouble then Peter did in the whole game.

What is Tim Sherwoods problem with Rovers, hes seem a very bitter man. Its rare you get commentators having sly digs at their old club where they made their name. Did Sherwood used to slag us off when Souness was in charge?

Tim Sherwood thinks Tottenham are going to win the U.E.F.A cup thats how clued up that guy is

Utter, utter @#/?. We were awful. If Nancy were any good in front of goal we would have got buried.

They played like it was a pre-season friendly. Nobody put a decent challenge in all night, the control was apalling from everybody and the number of hopeful hoofs down the pitch for Derbyshire to chase was depressing in the extreme.

We had one shot first half, which was the kind of chance that a quality striker takes every time. One on one, plenty of space, no real angle to complain about, Derbyshire bottles in plain and simple.

Second half was no better. A thirty yarder from Bentley that drew a good save and then the goal.

Ooijer was hopeless. Drawn out of position so many times I thought he was playing blindfolded. Nolan (who is he by the way?) was completely lightweight and looked petrified if he had to put his foot in, which he didn't do.

By far the most entertaining part of the game was Hughes getting arsey with their number 8 and then trying to pick a fight with their bench.

I have to say, the pitch looked appalling. Very bobbly and bare. When was it last relaid?

Edited by Cheshireblue

4 confirmed tonight of the 8 teams that will go into our pot for the next round......

Feyenoord

H. Tel Aviv

Zulte -Waregem

Fenerbahce

fancy Hapoel Tel Aviv but only because I know the City very well as we have a family trip to Israel every year. The locals don't drink v much (they will have a shock when if the Blue Army descends) but the night life is is otherwise wild. The only danger over there is the Russian Mafia (sounds like London) who manage virtually all the crime in Israel.

The big downside is the lack of flights, from the NW virtually all go via Amsterdam and Frankfurt and the profile screening is intense.

maybe Feyenoord is a better bet!!!

Utter, utter @#/?. We were awful. If Nancy were any good in front of goal we would have got buried.

They played like it was a pre-season friendly. Nobody put a decent challenge in all night, the control was apalling from everybody and the number of hopeful hoofs down the pitch for Derbyshire to chase was depressing in the extreme.

We had one shot first half, which was the kind of chance that a quality striker takes every time. One on one, plenty of space, no real angle to complain about, Derbyshire bottles in plain and simple.

Second half was no better. A thirty yarder from Bentley that drew a good save and then the goal.

Ooijer was hopeless. Drawn out of position so many times I thought he was playing blindfolded. Nolan (who is he by the way?) was completely lightweight and looked petrified if he had to put his foot in, which he didn't do.

By far the most entertaining part of the game was Hughes getting arsey with their number 8 and then trying to pick a fight with their bench.

I have to say, the pitch looked appalling. Very bobbly and bare. When was it last relaid?

give the yongsters a chance for god sake

Lots of people pontificating on here from their bloody local armchairs and even lold sulkings taking his now normal great delight in dissing the rovers best efforts. Jims attitude is unfortunately all too common and widespread in this area and symptomatic of why Blackburn is a depressed northern town imo. If I was a local member of this board, in good health and the Rovers were playing at ewood against european opposition with very cheap ticket prices on offer for months I would not dare to comment whilst the match was on! <_<

However I cannot believe that NOBODY has made any allowance of the weather! The match was poor because the howling blustery wind ensured that conditions were desperately difficult. Sat in the stands most of us were protected but on the pitch a wind of that nature makes controlling and anticipating the ball desperately difficult. Have any of you lot ever kicked a ball in anger ffs or were you always amongst the last picked in the schoolyard by the two usual 'captains'? :P

So before the ill thought out comments lets have a bit of thought eh guys?

Edited by thenodrog

Throughout the whole match they (the commentary team) were making snide remarks about Rovers play and Hughes anti-ref campaign (so called). They actually implied Rovers are suffering from paranoia on the subject of refs and officials.

Which is entirely true. This is the view of us at the moment from everyone outside Ewood, which is why it's so cringeworthy to read the utter tosh on here about conspiracies and such like.

I wonder if the fact that despite being the only BRFC captain to lift the Prem Trophy that he along with Jason Wilcox and Lucas Neill all got sh1t from the crowd until they were so fed up with gormless and extremely personal comments from gobshite binmen, floor sweepers and the trilby and hush puppy brigade etc that they finally snapped and ended up remonstrating angrily and publically with the crowd can have anything to do with it? :huh:

btw anybody see any coincidence that Sherwoods and Neills actions were both made to the same section of 'fans' ?

Which is entirely true. This is the view of us at the moment from everyone outside Ewood, which is why it's so cringeworthy to read the utter tosh on here about conspiracies and such like.

I'm sure that irritating and irrelevent little tawt on the Beb breakfast show Chris Hollins has a speech impediment and is unable to pronounce the words 'Blackburn' and 'Rovers'! :angry: How they ever saw fit to replace Rob Bonnet with that stupid little cross between Timmy Mallet and Cheggars is beyond me. He is just about fit for the moronic and cringeworthy Sat am childrens TV.

Edited by thenodrog

My God!

I totally agree with and applaud the drog's last two posts.

Excellent result for Rovers.

The club goes forwards with its head held high. The supporters have collectively got their heads totally muddled and befuddled and that is being kind.

I wonder if the fact that despite being the only BRFC captain to lift the Prem Trophy that he along with Jason Wilcox and Lucas Neill all got sh1t from the crowd until they were so fed up with gormless and extremely personal comments from gobshite binmen, floor sweepers and the trilby and hush puppy brigade etc that they finally snapped and ended up remonstrating angrily and publically with the crowd can have anything to do with it? :huh:

btw anybody see any coincidence that Sherwoods and Neills actions were both made to the same section of 'fans' ?

I'm sure that irritating and irrelevent little tawt on the Beb breakfast show Chris Hollins has a speech impediment and is unable to pronounce the words 'Blackburn' and 'Rovers'! :angry: How they ever saw fit to replace Rob Bonnet with that stupid little cross between Timmy Mallet and Cheggars is beyond me. He is just about fit for the moronic and cringeworthy Sat am childrens TV.

Have you not heard he doesn't want to play for us anymore? So for me he can p--- off and rot

My God!

I totally agree with and applaud the drog's last two posts.

My God! This is a first Gunner .........I agree and applaud your last post too! :P:tu:

The supporters have collectively got their heads totally muddled and befuddled and that is being kind.

Have you not heard he doesn't want to play for us anymore? So for me he can p--- off and rot

Another with his head where the sun don't shine Philip. 'kin odd how their minds work isn't it? That kind of thinking baffles me, it really does. So irrational and illogical.

Edited by thenodrog

My God! This is a first Gunner .........I agree and applaud your last post too! :P:tu:

Another with his head where the sun don't shine Philip. 'kin odd how their minds work isn't it? That kind of thinking baffles me, it really does. So irrational and illogical.

Lucas Neil is taking you for a ride and you are daft enough to go along with it.

Edited by gazsimm

"The match was poor because the howling blustery wind ensured that conditions were desperately difficult. Sat in the stands most of us were protected but on the pitch a wind of that nature makes controlling and anticipating the ball desperately difficult."

Call me mad, bad and dangerous to know, I accept that conditions may not have been ideal, the pitch looked poor and it looked pretty windy, but if it was that windy why for the first 45 were we lumping high long balls forward for the wind to carry, surely short passing to feet would have been a better option to restrict the winds effect?

Explain how that is please gaz.

The player does not want to play for us anymore and is just going through the motions untill January comes, so why the hell does he deserve to be Captain, give it to someone who deserves it like Savage or Brad who actually care about the club unlike greedy want away Neil

How is Lucas Neill taking any of us for a ride? He was alert enough last night to pick up one of the very few decent balls into the box, bring it down and put it in the net. He may be error prone and may want away but he was still playing for us at 92 minutes. i'll take that level of committment till he leaves whenever that may be.

Lucas has only himself to blame, unless it has been a clone making all those daft remarks we've been reading lately purporting to have come from him. Of course it's going to upset Rovers fans <_< . So it wasn't really very 'professional' of him to react after his goal in the way that he did.

There was also driving rain during part of last night's game that luckily we in the stands didn't get in our faces as the players did. Still, as a Lancashire team they should be used to that!

All in all it was a win. Onwards and upwards please.

How is Lucas Neill taking any of us for a ride? He was alert enough last night to pick up one of the very few decent balls into the box, bring it down and put it in the net. He may be error prone and may want away but he was still playing for us at 92 minutes. i'll take that level of committment till he leaves whenever that may be.

his defending was poor last night i thought, he was not at the races to me his mind was elsewhere

I wasnt booing him but I think its a disgrace he does that to our own fans. Who the effing hell was he before he joined us? We're still paying his wages!!!

The idiot should have kept quiet and ignored the pocket of rovers fans who booed him in the last game.

Enjoy your time at Liverpool SAT ON THE BENCH with Bellamy.

I'm also quite mad with Hughes, defending him. He should be slamming him him for having a go at the very people who pay his wages, and have every right to voice their opinions.

Edited by SuperStella

On the subject of neil i have to say personally when i have handed my notice in to a current employer i have from that moment onwards completely and utterly switched off with no interest in my role there and cant wait to leave and start my new job.

Lucas has in the main from what ive seen, been a damn site more professional in the period since he first refused his contract renewal and stated his intention to move on than i and many others i know have been when in similar situations, and in my situations is was a maximum two months notice period not 6 months!

hes been a good player for us, but all things come to an end at least he hasnt shirked his duties, sat back and collected his wages from the bench and if he scores a few more before he leaves ill be delighted for him and support him in the process.

Once hes gone and is comitting fouls against us ill be the first shouting red, red, red, red :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.