BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Basel

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going. Its too cold. I am going to go home, have egg mashed up in a cup, wrap myself in my duvet and watch Coronation Street.

I hope Jack Frost doesnt get me when I run from the car into my house.

Evil, evil man

Who are we playing tonight? I've forgot

Tough game this one especially as we've just come off the back of 3 straight defeats not to mention the injury list.

1 -1 Benni

The fans need to be the 12th man tonight so lets get behind them...........

C'mon ROVERS.............

Gray didn't look interested enough for me on Sunday and Mc Eveley will never make a full back if he lives to be a thousand ( he had no real pace to start with and two major injuries have slowed him down even more, 1st ingredient in a top class fullback = pace , when that goes you're finished in that position.)

How about playing Zurab at RB ,Neill at LB and bring either Todd or Henchoz into the centre back position, both Zurab and Neill have played there before and given the way things are going if we need cover at centre back one of Todd or Henchoz needs the match practice.

As for the rest of the team - I wouldn't play anyone who is not 100% fit , we need a win on Sunday more than tonight.

Another point, bringing a big man in and leaving Gray out will give us more height in the team, useful at corners.

Gray didn't look interested enough for me on Sunday and Mc Eveley will never make a full back if he lives to be a thousand ( he had no real pace to start with and two major injuries have slowed him down even more, 1st ingredient in a top class fullback = pace , when that goes you're finished in that position.)

How about playing Zurab at RB ,Neill at LB and bring either Todd or Henchoz into the centre back position, both Zurab and Neill have played there before and given the way things are going if we need cover at centre back one of Todd or Henchoz needs the match practice.

As for the rest of the team - I wouldn't play anyone who is not 100% fit , we need a win on Sunday more than tonight.

Another point, bringing a big man in and leaving Gray out will give us more height in the team, useful at corners.

Can't see Henchoz playing tonight he's got no paste at all

I wouldn't mind either, aslong as he is well away from me maybe infront of the Darren end he bang away as much as he wants!

We pay a premium to sit in the Blackburn end we should not have to put up with it !

Fair play, he did put some doubts to bed last year but he's off-form again and this fully grown adult in his 30s is being knocked around by 19 year olds off the field. ;)

Steady on James, that is hardly a fair comment. You would have to be a real died in the wool thug to mix it with Rooney. Any normal bloke who has too much to drink would have absolutely no chance.

Steady on James, that is hardly a fair comment. You would have to be a real died in the wool thug to mix it with Rooney. Any normal bloke who has too much to drink would have absolutely no chance.

Well, anyone can tell just by looking at him that Gray's not going to be much cop in a fight.

As for who should play at left back, well it's got to be Jay for me. Admittedly he doesn't have the required pace to play there, but Gray doesn't have the required footballing skill to play there - so pick your poison. If nothing else it'll sure us up on set pieces.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.