BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Another Graham Poll ?

What a terrible match. The two teams were more insterstead in kickin the stuffing out of each other rather than actually playing football.

There was only six minutes of stopage time because Drogba was on the floor that much. S'pose you could say it worked for him because he scored in that time. :huh:

Now there's a thought; instead of the ref throwing down his shirt and whistle and walking off, it would surely be more effective for him to keep a fairly accurate total of all the stoppages in the match that he deems to be down to cheating. Then at the 90 min point, signal e.g. 25 mins extra to be played. That really would put the cat among the pigeons, but it would certainly focus a lot of minds in high places as well as the managers and players that caused it all. Moaniho would just about expire on the spot, but the press and media would have plenty to talk about. :lol:

Probably best left for a ref playing his last match before retirement for this.

Edited by Fife Rover

Six yellow cards and a series of thuggish tackles. Chelsea bully boys.

Absolute garbage, both teams repeatedly falling over and writhing around in agony at any and every opportunity. Thuggish tackles my arse, Tris nicked my thunder with the reference to Deco. Rolling round clutching his ankle only to miraculously jump to his feet when he thought Terry was taking the ######.

When Barca scored that first goal I thought we were in for a real treat, then as the game went on it was almost impossible to watch.

I tried to find the topic which had debate from Poll taking centre stage in out defeat at Old Trafford in the Carling Cup semi-final, but couldn't.

However, yet again, the 'Thing from Tring' has stolen the limelight in 2 matches recently - funnily enough featuring the top teams in the league (again).

I think Poll should be relegated to the Championship to ref there as he has consitently shown that he gets too involved with WHO he's reffing, instead of just applying the letter of the law.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just read Fergusons comments on the eve of the game against Chelsea at Old Trafford. He is asking for referee Howard Webb to be strong and not give in to intimidation.

Talking about the game at White Hart Lane recently betwwen Spurs and Chelsea, Fergie said "We do not want to see players crowding around referees,we have to give them a chance."

:o

You couldn't make it up!

:lol:

I have just read Fergusons comments on the eve of the game against Chelsea at Old Trafford. He is asking for referee Howard Webb to be strong and not give in to intimidation.

Talking about the game at White Hart Lane recently betwwen Spurs and Chelsea, Fergie said "We do not want to see players crowding around referees,we have to give them a chance."

:o

You couldn't make it up!

:lol:

What Mourinho and Ferguson (and to a lesser extent Wenger) have in common is being very successfull and absolute T*ssers. there is an obvious link between those characteristics. As for Ferguson I detest the man with the entire fibre of my being.

Webb was outstanding for the Manc v Chelski game.

i thought he had a decent game, but not outstanding. certainly chelsea could have had 3 men sent off. i counted 3 clear elbows from their players on man u players' heads; geremi on giggs (i think), carvalho on rooney, and of course drogba on vidic. the first two might be debatable, but how drogba did not walk i will never know.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.