BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

I don't know if it has already been posted, but what amount of Benni's goals for Rovers have come from the Penalty Spot?

if you trying to argue the fact, that Benni scores majority of his goals from the penalty spot, then you must be a fool. Ruud Van Nistelrooy, scored goals by standing on the opposition goal line, and also scored his fair share of penalties. A goal scored from a penalty, the last time i checked is consisdered a goal. 50 odd goals, in 130 odd games is pretty good, and considering he hasnt played much in the last few years is pretty impressive. Benni is not the problem as far as im concerned, `sam is mainly to blame for allowing Benni to sit on the bench despite his obvious talents. A fat Benni, is more of a goal threat than the hard working duo of Roberts and Di Santo

Benni McCarthy has been rubbish since his second season in England.

He's going through the same cycle MGP went through. I always slated MGP for his lack of contribution aside from his stunning goals, which were always going to dry up. For years I was constantly ridiculed/told I was this and that because people let him live of his first season for about 3/4 seasons.

McCarthy is a bad player now. Yes he has good control/skill levels, but he is fat, slow, not particularly strong and doesn't score even nearly the amount of goals he used to.

Andy Cole was far better at his age, and McCarthy is no better than Yorke was at 32. People hated Yorke, but he was never big and fat was he.

I have no idea where all the love for him comes from, maybe it's his past pedigree, which i find peculiar as his footballing epitaph will read 'UNDERACHIEVER DUE TO S*** ATTITUDE.'

If Allardyce gets £3m for McCarthy, it's up there with him getting £17m for Santa Cruz.

• Like 1

I am fairly certain that this piece of new is a lie, but if it's not that Fat Sam can go stuff himself and never step foot inside Ewood Park again. Benni McCarthy has done a hell of a lot more for the club than Fat Sam.

It really would be absolute scandalous if we lose the best striker at our club because of BFS. None the least because the two strikers he has brought in - Kalinic and Di Santo have scored 1 goal between them all season.

Again, I very much believe/hope this is not true.

Whatever grievances you have with Sam, you can't hold him responsible for Benni's bad attitude. He has the best facilities to whip himself into shape, but lacks the motivation (even in WC year!) There's no excusing that, whether he's our best striker or not. I wouldn't give two monkeys about starting at 7am (on my tod), plenty of working class people do that for less than £30k a week...

Many of us have long-running weight problems but I reckon 30 grand a week might just be enough motivaation to lose the excess for most of us. Maybe modern players take this level of remuneration for granted.........but the prospect of becoming a national hero at my country's World Cup in the twilight of my career would definitely do it. Benni should be grateful that someone like Sam is bending over backwards to help him reach the level of performance that could make that dream a realistic possibility. It's obvious that the guy hasn't got the willpower to do it on his own.

• Backroom

He's going through the same cycle MGP went through. I always slated MGP for his lack of contribution aside from his stunning goals, which were always going to dry up. For years I was constantly ridiculed/told I was this and that because people let him live of his first season for about 3/4 seasons.

McCarthy is a bad player now. Yes he has good control/skill levels, but he is fat, slow, not particularly strong and doesn't score even nearly the amount of goals he used to.

Andy Cole was far better at his age, and McCarthy is no better than Yorke was at 32. People hated Yorke, but he was never big and fat was he.

I have no idea where all the love for him comes from, maybe it's his past pedigree, which i find peculiar as his footballing epitaph will read 'UNDERACHIEVER DUE TO S*** ATTITUDE.'

If Allardyce gets £3m for McCarthy, it's up there with him getting £17m for Santa Cruz.

Not strictly true, the guy is 32 now and isn't as fit as he has been but I'm sure the lasting footballing memory of Benni will be being superb in a Porto team that won the Champions League, I think most players would be happy with that sort of career.

As for him being a bad player now, simply untrue imo.

• Like 2

You do know he hasnt scored as many because Hughes and now BFS are playing him 'in the hole' behind the main striker taking him out of the peno area, where benni is most effective... :rolleyes:

No no, he hasn't scored as many as he is too fat to play in the Premier League.

It's that simple.

No its not that simple.

Why is he too fat then? Why is he not responding to fitness training? If he is repeatablly not obeying the rules then does that not constitute gross misconduct?

In a World Cup Year when it is in his home country means Benni must be so unhappy with football at present it is not good for Rovers if we to sell or keep him.

What on earth are you trying to point out?

It is very simple. I don't care why he is too fat, but considering he trains two hours or so a day I suspect it's because he's taking the ###### in his spare time through over indulgences and from what I've heard, partying.

The end result is he's too fat to make a significant contribution at this level. Why fans try and hide this away is beyond me, probably just another excuse to heckle the manager, but in this scenario, Allardyce is spot on, and could in fact be much harsher on McCarthy.

Not strictly true, the guy is 32 now and isn't as fit as he has been but I'm sure the lasting footballing memory of Benni will be being superb in a Porto team that won the Champions League, I think most players would be happy with that sort of career.

As for him being a bad player now, simply untrue imo.

I disagree. I'd forgotten about that until you posted it, but he wasn't pivotal enough to be remembered for it, rather people will remember that he was up front for that team should they choose to try and recall it.

Not many great players are key men in a Champions League winning team in their mid twenties but playing for Blackburn Rovers by their late twenties.

What on earth are you trying to point out?

It is very simple. I don't care why he is too fat, but considering he trains two hours or so a day I suspect it's because he's taking the ###### in his spare time through over indulgences and from what I've heard, partying.

The end result is he's too fat to make a significant contribution at this level. Why fans try and hide this away is beyond me, probably just another excuse to heckle the manager, but in this scenario, Allardyce is spot on, and could in fact be much harsher on McCarthy.

I disagree. I'd forgotten about that until you posted it, but he wasn't pivotal enough to be remembered for it, rather people will remember that he was up front for that team should they choose to try and recall it.

Not many great players are key men in a Champions League winning team in their mid twenties but playing for Blackburn Rovers by their late twenties.

If Benni Mc. was as professional as you would like he would not be at Rovers he'd be at one of Europe's Elite clubs. That is why he nearly joined Chelsea. The bit Nearly being the important bit. There was something persuading them not to. The man is flawed but he has one thing going for him. Skill. This is the reason why Rovers fans forgive him. At present too few Rovers players wish to use. If they wish to watch players give 100% effort but little skill they go to a lower standard of football. They pay premium, except at Rovers, to watch skill. They don't go to watch effort. If that was the case Keith Andrews would a hero not touted on here as the worst player to wear Blue and White.

But Rovers coaching staff for one reason or another have failed for 18 months to get Benni to level where they call fit. If he is not obeying what they are asking then continual breaking rules consitutes Gross Misconduct and he can Summarily Dismissed from his contract. Now the other point is that the coaches are failing to continually do their jobs, so should be replaced.

The final option is that one week before the Transfer Window this has reared it head again and both parties are using to force the issue.

But Rovers coaching staff for one reason or another have failed for 18 months to get Benni to level where they call fit. If he is not obeying what they are asking then continual breaking rules consitutes Gross Misconduct and he can Summarily Dismissed from his contract. Now the other point is that the coaches are failing to continually do their jobs, so should be replaced.

Hughes staff also struggled with keeping him fit.

At the end of the day you can't train someone who doesn't want to be trained, and thats Benni. Given his track record at other clubs and the constant criticisms that have followed his career, I wouldn't lay the blame at the coaches feet but his.

Hughes staff also struggled with keeping him fit.

At the end of the day you can't train someone who doesn't want to be trained, and thats Benni. Given his track record at other clubs and the constant criticisms that have followed his career, I wouldn't lay the blame at the coaches feet but his.

Not blaming coaches, Benni is unprofessional. It is just this has risen the week before there is a parting of the ways is possible. I think both parties are using it so force this.

Why release him when we can sell him for money?

It's a case if agreeing to disagree as I completely disagree with what you've written about McCarthy and the fans attitude.

Would n't release him personaaly. But if you are not play him because of fitness issues then you are paying a high earner for nothing. Gross misconduct means he could sack him you get a wage of the payrole and Sam could another body in.

I still think this has arisen this week again so both parties can break the union of player and club. The more these circulate the lower his sale value becomes so bad news for Rovers.

• Backroom

I think many will remember hi 2 goals to knock United out, I still do anyway

I ahve alwasy been a big supporter of Benni but he is lazy, he has ability but if someone can't pick themselves up in a world cup year and play with all thier heart then they are no good just sucking wages that could be given to Salgado.

• Like 1

I think many will remember hi 2 goals to knock United out, I still do anyway

Yeah, Shillito is being a bit unfair to Benni. He's had a very good career and certainly can be proud of what he has achieved when he does eventually retire.

I really hope he goes out of the country if we decide to sell him. It is bad business to strengthen one of our rivals.

Oh stop reminding me of when Ray Matthias told us that we couldn't deny Bentley a move to a bigger and better club. "We'll just have to replace him with someone better" was the follow up. :angry2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.