BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

I disagree, 75% of the time his performances make him a liability.

One good performance doesn't change the last 6 months.

You should have posted those words in the Allardyce thread.

Instead of blindly defending him come what may.

This is a difficult post for me to make, for Benni, like the player I consider to bne the most 'gifted player in the Prem Berbatov, do appear to be lazy, but they can turn the game in a flash, that is flair and I think every team should have one!!

Unfortunately, Benni is a sulker and if things arent going right, his game goes to pieces!!

I disagree, 75% of the time his performances make him a liability.

One good performance doesn't change the last 6 months.

Agreed. I have nothing personal against Benni, but his interviews tell me that he has issues. We need to sell him and bring in someone a bit more focused and reliable. And I'm not singling him out, as I share the same opinion of Roberts, MGP, EHD and Andrews.

You should have posted those words in the Allardyce thread.

Instead of blindly defending him come what may.

At least we have established you haven't read a vast majority of what I've posted in the Allardyce thread.

I haven't blindly defended him once. I thought most criticism was unfair up until around three weeks ago, at which point I started to let it be known that I felt he wasn't performing as he should be. However, I have always wanted him to succeed, and I hope victory today provides the catalyst for him to do so.

There is such a thing as blindly criticising you know Tris? Allardyce went into todays game under massive pressure, and rightly so, but he's come up trumps with a good victory and a team selection I think most would have liked to see.

The need to sack a manager is never a good thing for the club, so I hope todays result see's him given cash and hopefully build on the victory and see us head into the top half in the not too distant future. If we go on a run anywhere near as bad as the one we've just had then he should go.

I hope it's the first one tris, as I really hope he succeeds. Do you?

• Like 3

Agreed. I have nothing personal against Benni, but his interviews tell me that he has issues. We need to sell him and bring in someone a bit more focused and reliable. And I'm not singling him out, as I share the same opinion of Roberts, MGP, EHD and Andrews.

Smoss are you a yank or an ex pat? you do post quite a bit of sense on here!!

Smoss are you a yank or an ex pat? you do post quite a bit of sense on here!!

I am a Yank. (I've never used that term. It's pretty cool).

I only got involved in football about 3-4 years ago, when my daughter started playing and I was drafted as her team's coach [1] due to a lack of volunteers (now I coach her and my son's teams). Starting to watch the EPL on Setanta to learn the game, liked the Rovers as they showed a lot fight on a small budget and were blue collar/small town. Didn't hurt that Blackburn was in Lancashire. My direct paternal ancestor 15 generations removed immigrated from Lancashire to Virgina (was on the losing side when Cromwell took over), so there was some connection, even if remote.

Sorry for the biography. It's clear that a lot of you know each other personally and I am a bit of an interloper. But I do watch the games, and buy myself and the kids a jersey every year. And my daughter loves her Rovers' banner.

As to sense, that's a matter of opinion. Quite a few posters post sensible things, but they're so busy throwing rocks at one another they hardly notice. As to me, I don't have much in the way of preconceived notions so I don't really care where a coach or a player is from, or what tactics are used, as long as they work.

IMO, MGP is 'working' for a new contract so he has to go. If you give him a new contract, he'll go back to sleep. EHD and Benni have too many issues to be reliable, and are too old of dogs and/or too self-important to learn new tricks. Roberts could be useful but doesn't appear to like the role he'd have to play, so move him on also as he'll just continue to be discontented and might spread the disease and ruin a youngster or two. Andrews might turn into a decent sub but if the supporters are booing him, sell him for his own good and the good of the team. It's not rocket science.

[1] Note to future youth coaches reading this. Give your young girl team a certain number of choices as to a team name. DO NOT allow them to brainstorm at a team meeting. That's how I came to coach my first team, the "Princess Chihuahuas". Which was a marginally better choice than the runner up "Pretty Flowers".

Sorry for the biography. It's clear that a lot of you know each other personally and I am a bit of an interloper. But I do watch the games, and buy myself and the kids a jersey every year. And my daughter loves her Rovers' banner.

I like the word Jersey!! Sure you dont mean uniforms and I do hope their Cleats are kept clean?? :D

Enjoy your football and good to hear your comments!!

It seems to me every good performance our team has goes hand and hand with Benni having a good match. I understand we haven't had many good performances as of late, but without Benni where would we be? Unless we have a better option, which we don't with our current team, I think Benni is absolutely necessary to survival this season. It also seems that Benni plays well when we play positive football, I think McCarthy's play might be a direct result of Sam's managing. I think a more positive approach with Niko and Benni both in will serve us well.

For those of you who attribute Benni's good outings to his desire to play in the world cup, wouldn't it be more savy to wait and sell him in the summer, rather than sell him now?

I will be amazed if anyone can think of a player that would offer as much natural ability as Mccarthy does that we could buy with the money we'd get for selling him?

• Like 2

I will be amazed if anyone can think of a player that would offer as much natural ability as Mccarthy does that we could buy with the money we'd get for selling him?

Exactly. I really can't believe there are still people who want him out.

Whilst McCarthy can be infuriating he can produce moments of brilliance that no other player in our squad can. Plus unlike the majority his injury record is OK too.

I doubt we would get much for him and definitely not enough to replace him going off the standards Kalanic has set as to the skill levels of a £6m player.

Roberts on the other hand can share the taxi with MGP

Exactly. I really can't believe there are still people who want him out.

It's Benni that wants out rather that people wanting him out. If he wants to commit his immediate future to us and work on his fitness levels then we will all embrace the idea.

I've just spotted on skybet that Galatasaray are odds on favorites to sign Benni...

Benni's club after transfer window;

Galatasaray 1/2

Blackburn 3/1

Everton 10/1 (along with Celtic & Brum)

Sunderland 12/1

skysports news just said west ham have made a bid worth 1.25m for benni

1.25m?

They know where they can stick that.

Trouble is, rejecting it will probably see more comments in the Press from Benni's agent about us being unreasonable on the asking price and Belly's weight balloon to 35 stone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.