BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

what?

I dont think its a case of colour, more a case of country

If he was English, not African (our Africans get a lot of unneccassary stick) then we would absoluteley love him

Look at Roberts, people constantly stick up for him and hes all but English (i dont recognise the sovreignty of Grenada lol)

We Blackburners like our players english Black or White

To be fair MGP got similar sort of stick a few months back and he is lily white. And the English argument doesn't really wash either. Dunn and Andy Cole have got huge amounts of stick in the past for being lazy.

Another comparison to make is that the fans and this MB love Samba who is also an African. I suppose a few might not want to praise him due to his skin colour but mainly its the plain fact that he is not putting too much effort in at the moment.

People raised ther expectaitons very high when he was on fire before Christmas. We are now suffering somewhat of a comedown.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Benni scored 18 for 45 games, and we bought him l 2.5m. It's bargain.

That's besides the point. BENNI DREAMED MANURE MOVE.

The player go where they wanna.

(and I don't care this case, Benni wants to go Manure)

They all dream of going to Man United! Only a handful of the youngsters have dreamed about playing for Blackburn Rovers. Most of the youth team will want to play for Man United. The sheer irrational insecurity of fans is unbelievable. Look at how Abbey reacted to Zurab's comments last week. Robbie Savage would have loved to have made it at United. I bet Ryan Nelsen quite fancies winning a European Cup with them. The sooner people realise that you can play for a club despite supporting somebody else as a youngster the better.

Don't talk poo love. So we're all racist then? Well let me go and get my burning cross and rope, that'll teach Benni. :rolleyes:.

It's going to take a few of us, isn't it? Reid, Benni, Nonda, Samba, Roberts - quite a handful. I'll have to round up the boys in the back of my pickup(!)

The reason Benni and Nonda take a lot of flak on these boards isn't due to their colour, surprisingly. It's down to the fact that both show questionable workrates. Benni could cut his offsides in half if he simply jogged back onside after every goal kick....instead of strolling back and taking himself out of the game if we win the ball. Likewise, Nonda's lost his pace, but he's big enough and skillfull enough to be a real handful if he put himself about. He has done it, on occasion, but he again seems to suffer from Benni's trait of strolling around off the ball.

Edited by Exiled_Rover

He's black. If he was white, he'd be god. Anyone who thinks the criticism isn't based on this is extremely naive.

this is post is nonsense, the reason why bennie is getting some stick from some of the fans, is because of his workrate and nothing else

The reason Benni and Nonda take a lot of flak on these boards isn't due to their colour, surprisingly. It's down to the fact that both show questionable workrates.

Perhaps so, but Benni is our most successful premiership striker since shearer and some posters still try to tear him to shreds. To me that is completely insane.

Surely we can recognise that forwards have different styles, no? And if benni's style leads to 18 goals I'm not friggin' complaining! Whatsmore, the man has come across better than any other Rovers player in interview and is still adjusting to the premiership. Another thing that we forget to consider is a dip in form - this happens to the best of them and doesn't require knee jerk reactions and accusations. These factors do lead me to wonder why the minority of fans that are on his case can't cut him some slack...

Perhaps Jan's comments are wide of the mark, perhaps not - we'll never know. What we can be sure of is the worrying trend to brand a number (not all) of our black players lazy, both past and present.

Third top Premiership striker. Yeah, let's get rid... <_<

FFS!!! Is it any wonder football fans have a reputation for being @rseholes? Some posters comments really wind me up at times. As someone else mnentioned, they are completely irrational and bull headed.

Edited by mark

Where has all the get rid , he's rubbish crap come from.

Nobody has said anything of the sort -yet again we have the typical thinking instead of reading what people are posting.

Its nothing to do with his colour (absolute bollux jan), his goals, dip in form etc. - its about what he is actually doing on the pitch.... which imo is not enough and is quite obvious for all to see.

He can't be arsed keeping on side or trying to get back on side.

his control has been nothing short of awful lately.

Doesn't win nor attempt headers

Doesn't offer himself for passes or try to create space

Gives up when tackled.

Now that to me is not good enough which is what the argument is about, not about getting rid of him , and is justification in my book for being dropped to the bench to give him another kick up the arse.

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

He's black. If he was white, he'd be god. Anyone who thinks the criticism isn't based on this is extremely naive.

Sadly Jan, you must have a very low opinion of your fellow board members.

I have criticised his attitude on here, but trust me it's not because of his colour it's because he comes across as bloody lazy at times. SIMPLE AS!

Where has all the get rid , he's rubbish crap come from.

Nobody has said anything of the sort -yet again we have the typical thinking instead of reading what people are posting.

Its nothing to do with his colour (absolute bollux jan), his goals, dip in form etc. - its about what he is actually doing on the pitch.... which imo is not enough and is quite obvious for all to see.

He can't be arsed keeping on side or trying to get back on side.

his control has been nothing short of awful lately.

Doesn't win nor attempt headers

Doesn't offer himself for passes or try to create space

Gives up when tackled.

Now that to me is not good enough which is what the argument is about, not about getting rid of him , and is justification in my book for being dropped to the bench to give him another kick up the arse.

He did very well indeed for our goal on Saturday.

this is post is nonsense, the reason why bennie is getting some stick from some of the fans, is because of his workrate and nothing else

Dead right, I couldn't care less where he's from or what colour he his, he could be from Mars as far as I'm concerned. He's alienating the Rovers faithful because of his attitude pure and simple.

The reason most people on this board idolized Bellamy and Jansen wasn't because of their ability alone it was because they were prepared to bust a gut for the team,

Dead right, I couldn't care less where he's from or what colour he his, he could be from Mars as far as I'm concerned. He's alienating the Rovers faithful because of his attitude pure and simple.

The reason most people on this board idolized Bellamy and Jansen wasn't because of their ability alone it was because they were prepared to bust a gut for the team,

I'd like to see us get a work permit for him then! :lol:

I've also read that he "should have 25 goals by now if he worked harder". Well why don't we put that money towards a 15 goal a season partner and have TWO dangerous strikers, instead of fantacising about replacing our best one?

We might already have one. Derbyshire has already scored seven and was barely in the team for the first third of the season.

By the way someone mentioned Roberts above. Jason is English and was born in London I believe. Played for Grenada because of family ties.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

He did very well indeed for our goal on Saturday.

And what else (neither did anybody else really) - one pass does not constitute an improvement.

He has the ability and has played at a higher level - so why the less than convincing performances?

And what else (neither did anybody else really) - one pass does not constitute an improvement.

He has the ability and has played at a higher level - so why the less than convincing performances?

dip in form?

dip in form?

Which as a striker would say he would not be scoring at a good rate ratio of goals - which he is not but what about the rest of his game - as people say he is more a laid back player , acceptable, but he is not really doing anything - and as I have said before that does not count as a dip in form in my book.

Compare it on the other hand - if Brad was letting in goals , not catching the ball and not making any saves would people say it was just a'dip' in form - I doubt it

Let's just get one thing crystal clear! My criticism of Benni is NOT based on racism. Anybody that knows me would laugh at that suggestion. I am one who has spent a lifetime campaigning against absolutely any sign or form of racism; not just based on colour of skin either. I have been involved at the sharp end for nearly 20 years here in Scotland to stop anti- English racism. I absolutely hate and detest any form of racism whenever and wherever it is found.

Right now we have got that out of the way, let's get back to Benni. Yes I have criticised him recently; but only for ONE reason: his ATTITUDE! Nothing to do with his skill as a footballer which I admire greatly, also his goals; very good indeed!

The one thing that I cant stand in ANY footballer is an attitude that says: "I am so good that I don't need to work on the pitch. Let the others do the work and I will just score the odd brilliant goal and everyone will love me"

And then after MH dropped him for the Arsenal cup match at Ewood his attitude in coming off the bench and scoring within a few touches after coming on just to show everybody that he can "do it any time he likes" then just to rub it in deliberately running off the field and going back to sit on the subs bench as if to say to MH "how dare you drop ME! Don't you know who I am?"

No, I am very sorry to say it but if I were the manager Benni would have had the riot act read to him and told that if he did anything like that again his feet would not touch the grass of Ewood Park again until he aplogised and undertook to get down to some proper footballing.

The very last thing I want is to see Benni leave Rovers; even at a silly money figure. I want him here playing his very best at all times for the Rovers. Just like he said he was going to do when he arrived!

Start a thread on Samba , Mrs Woman ....and if he gets the same stick you may well have a point .

Until then you're talking nonsense .

I don't usually resrot to this but you are an utter plonker. Or is that plonkerette. Idiot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.